Start by marking “CEO's Expectant Secretary (Kings of the Boardroom, #6) (Silhouette Desire, #2018)” as Want to Read:

CEO's Expectant Secretary (Kings of the Boardroom, #6) (Kings of the Boardroom #6)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  263 ratings  ·  17 reviews

Maddox Communications was his life--until he allowed a woman to come between him and his business. CEO Brock Maddox had been betrayed by his lover...his own secretary. And when he finally confronted Elle Linton, he discovered she'd been keeping an even bigger secret. Elle was carrying his baby.
Vowing to let nothing else out of his control, Brock declared Elle would marry
Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about CEO's Expectant Secretary (Kings of the Boardroom, #6)

RLA
The hero Brock has just discovered that his secretary and long term lover Elle, the heroine, has been giving away business information to his biggest rival. He is confused about his feelings as Elle meant something to him and he has no idea why she would do this to him. Things go from bad to worse when he goes to confront Elle and discovers she is pregnant. He insists they marry, he wants both a part in his child's life and to keep an eye on Elle.
Elle is also confused, she hated betraying Brock
Tonya Warner
Brock Maddox has found out that the woman he has been having an affair with, his very own secretary, is also the one to betray him to his worse competitor. He discovers she is the illegitimate granddaughter of his enemy,and worse yet, the future mother of HIS child.

Elle has betrayed Brock, destroying her own chance at happiness in order to save her own mother from a devasating death by allowing her grandfather to use her to spy on the enemy in exchange for the payments for an experimental treat
Kendra
I was conflicted on this one. It features some of my least favorite themes -- secret baby, marrying for the baby, deception. But... The story is actually pretty good. I was so glad that when the hero doubts the heroine's honesty once again, the truth is revealed long before she leaves him. Those misunderstandings usually go on way too long and then are cleared up in the blink of an eye. This one was cleared up almost before it began. I thank the author for that. Borderline C+/B- for me, but I'll ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
There was A LOT going on in this book!! Of course, I found out that it is the 6th in the series!! I liked that he believed in her even when he "should not have."

What I don't understand is why these people are so "high-powered" and dumb. Serioulsy? She could have gone public with her story and ruined her dear, sweet grandpapa...but then she's basically a decent person.

Too bad for her.
Shawna
It's an okay read, but it could have been a lot better. It just felt as though the author was going too easy on the characters... every time a conflict arose, rather than using it and showing the characters growth through it, the author backed off and the couple got the easy way out. seemed a bit odd, because the story itself had all sorts of potential for drama.
Tia
The hero drove me up the wall in this novel. Gosh, just flipping through the novel again made me want to throw it against the wall. He was arrogant, cruel and unusual. He wanted everything his own way and for a while made the heroines life hell. I was saddened for her.
Paula Legate
This book was a lot better than I thought it would be. Elle’s mother needed expensive cancer treatment medicine. The only way that her grandfather would pay for the medicine was for Elle to be a spy on the competition. Elle never expected to fall in love while working at the other company gathering secretes against it. She worked as Brock’s personal secretary. They had really good chemistry in, and out of the office. Brock was shocked to learn that Elle betrayed him, he was even more shocked to ...more
Wifda
it was so so .. for me it was still unclear about what has been done by elle in spying brock's company. however, i like brock's effort in knowing personal issues to get to know deeper of elle's personality.
after all, it's a woman's novel. not expecting so much ..
Keri Anne Tabor
In all fairness, I should have probably read the other books prior to reading this one, but I felt like I didn't really need all the back story. I was a decent book. Just not as good as I had expected.
HÜLYA
Bu ayki Harlequin Desiredeki hikayeler güven üzerine kurguluydu..

Madox İletişimin sahibi Brock Maddox asistanı ile hiç istemediği halde ilişkiye girmişti..Ama bir süre sonra şirket bilgilerinin dışarıya sızdırıldğını öğrenir ve araştırıldğında ise bunu hem asistanı hem sevgilisi olan Elle Linton'un yaptığını öğrenir..Ondan hesap sormaya gittiğinde ise hiç ummadığı bir şey ile karşılaşır Ellie onun çocuğuna hamiledir.Bu durumda onu polise vermesi imkansızdır..Ve Ellie'nin annesi ağır bir kanser h
Lena
klišé, ale stejně tyhle typy prostě číst budu. člověk někdy to klišé k životu potřebuje.
Melissa Maxwell
This was probably the most anticipated story of the series for me. I thought there story would be right after his brother's. Elle had been selling trade secrets to Brock's biggest threat. She did it to save her mother's life but it still killed her because she loved Brock. She was relieved he found out but when he found out she was pregnant that changed everything. Can he ever truly trust Elle again and more importantly can she ever truly forgive herself.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Maddox Communication, CEO Brock Maddox had been betrayed by his lover...his own secretary, Elle Linton. He things one thing but it is something different and he feels the need to propose marriage. In this little arrangement love is not a part of the package until it does become the answer to the issue at hand.

Not a great story but a quick read.
Robin *loves sexy books*
i really loved this. i knew from previous books that these two would end up together and i'm so glad they got their story told. this whole series has been a treat and i love that they were all written by different authors.
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
sonuç iyiydi de o başı neydi öyle.
ne yaptılar ne konuşun neden kavga ettiler hangi ara evlenmeye karar verdiler anlamadım..
yazar doğumhaneye sedye yetiştiriyor mübarek..
keşke maya bank yazsaymış bunuda..
ms bookjunkie

I liked it, and might just have to read the rest or the series (Kings of the Boardroom). I'm definitely checking out the author.
Jessica Alcazar
i'm not gonna lie...i'm frikkin glad this series is over because 75% of it was craaaaaaap. but THIS story was cute and well written :)
Yogita Kumar
Yogita Kumar marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Michelle Trujillo
Michelle Trujillo marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
curlz
curlz marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Amma Kisswah
Amma Kisswah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Ann Crisi
Ann Crisi marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Sophia
Sophia added it
Jun 15, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
  • Bachelor's Bought Bride (Kings of the Boardroom #5)
  • Money Man's Fiancee Negotiation (Kings of the Boardroom #4)
  • Executive's Pregnancy Ultimatum (Kings of the Boardroom #2)
  • The CEO's Accidental Bride
  • Seduced: The Unexpected Virgin (The Takeover #2)
  • Claiming King's Baby (Kings of California, #5)
  • Dante's Ultimate Gamble (The Dante Legacy #5)
  • The Billionaire's Unexpected Heir (Silhouette Desire, #1972)
  • His Heir, Her Honor (Rich, Rugged And Royal #3)
  • His Ring, Her Baby
  • Pride & a Pregnancy Secret (Diamonds Down Under, #2)
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover #3)
  • Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809)
  • Bought: His Temporary Fiancee (The Takeover #4)
  • Millionaire's Wedding Revenge (The Garrisons, #3) (Silhouette Desire, #1819)
Leanne Banks was born on 14 May 1959 in Roanoke, Virginia, USA. She holds a Bachelors degree in Psychology, which she claims she can only use on fictional characters. When her first book was published in 1991, she used the money from her advance to take her family to Disney World.

Leanne is known for telling a story with strong emotion, characters with whom everyone can relate, a kick of hot sensua
More about Leanne Banks...

Kings of the Boardroom (6 books)
  • Bossman's Baby Scandal (Kings of the Boardroom #1)
  • Executive's Pregnancy Ultimatum (Kings of the Boardroom #2)
  • Billionaire's Contract Engagement (Kings of the Boardroom #3)
  • Money Man's Fiancee Negotiation (Kings of the Boardroom #4)
  • Bachelor's Bought Bride (Kings of the Boardroom #5)
Underfoot (Bellagio #2) Feet First (Bellagio, #1) Footloose (Bellagio, #3) Some Girls Do (Sisters Trilogy #1) Trouble in High Heels (Sisters Trilogy, #3)