Start by marking “Fail Nation” as Want to Read:
Fail Nation

Fail Nation

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  17 reviews
From the underbelly of the nuts behind hit websites failblog.org and icanhascheezburger.com comes FAIL Nation, your silent guide and handler to the not-even-close-to-perfect nation of FAIL, chock-full of irrelevant tips and useless suggestions about why to shop, who to eat, and when to see. So fasten your exit and check for the nearest seatbelt—your FAIL plane departs now.
Published October 6th 2009 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Fail Nation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fail Nation

Spoonbridge
This is a fairly standard blog spin off book with some random pictures submitted from the internet, some more “real” than others; ostensibly recording various incidences of gross incompetence, naive gaffs, accidental blunders, and other weird things somebody took a picture of once. There is no back story to any of the images collected, and a few seem suspiciously contrived; some are not even "fails," but simply bad luck or just random weirdness. However, setting the book up as a pseudo-travel bo ...more
Mark
Jan 31, 2010 Mark rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: friends who likes to laugh at others' mistakes
The "Fail Nation" actually has many similarities to picture books. What makes this book different is because it gains life from a blog. "Fail Nation" features many stupid, silly, ignorant, unnecessary yet unintentionally mistakes on signboards, public announcements (or other sources) from almost all over the globe; as photographed by many people (contributors to the blog). This book was interesting to me because I used to take pictures of the same "theme" and posted them into my Facebook account ...more
Angel
The book is from the folks at Failblog. But it has an interesting layout: it is organized as a tourist guide to the Fail Nation. The photos are funny, but funnier are some of the comments the authors add to the photos. If you have seen the blog, then you will enjoy the book. If not, then you owe it to yourself to go see the blog after reading the book. It is a very quick read. I had a couple of good laughs.
Jessica
A funny book of pictures full of failures, masquerading as a "travel book". However, it doesn't take too much examination to realize that some of those pictures are unfairly labeled as human "failures", due to either being the result of natural disasters or of creative photography on the part of the picture taker. Not as good or as fun as their "Fail Harder" book by the same people.
Remo
El libro del blog Fail nation. Básicamente son unas cien fotos de carteles colocados con muy poca reflexión previa (sirva de ejemplo el de la portada ENTRANCE ONLY: DO NOT ENTER). Alguna sonrisilla cae por lo naïf de la gente a veces, pero poco más. No es un libro malo, es solo levemente irrelevante.
Holden Attradies
I was pretty darn disappointed in this. There didn't seem to be too much to the book and it felt like what was there was a little representative. Things were just not as funny as I had hoped for and a lot of the pictures seemed to only be "fails" because their context wasn't shown.
Maddy
This was between 3 and 4 stars for me. I thought it was going to be a lot more funny. There were a few times that I laughed so hard I cried but there were other points where I was found something awkward or just plain rude. I found Cake Wrecks to be much more hilarious.
Michael Lee Howard -Mayhew
This is basically a book version of FAILBLOG... it was a fast read read in about an hour or so ... great waste of time but that is about it
Alisa
Another "We have way too much time on our hands at work" book.. it was fun
Evie
The spirit of photo blogs just don't translate well into books.
Jodi
it's scary that people are this dumb
Tessa
This was a pretty hilarious book XD
An awful, shocking, fun read. (=
Amber
Super fast read and very funny!
Kate
Sep 14, 2010 Kate rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: failures, poor spellers, travelers
Recommended to Kate by: RPL
Shelves: miscellany
We are still eating kids for free!
Robert Samec
Got this for Christmas
Denise Toibes
Denise Toibes marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Taran
Taran marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Deidra Dawn
Deidra Dawn marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Gem
Gem marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Roman
Roman marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sh*t My Kids Ruined: An A-Z Celebration of Kid-Destruction
  • Creepiosity: A Hilarious Guide to the Unintentionally Creepy
  • The Customer Is Not Always Right: Hilarious and Horrific Tales of Customers Gone Wrong
  • Signspotting: Absurd and Amusing Signs from Around the World
  • I Has a Hotdog: What Your Dog Is Really Thinking
  • Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found
  • 50 Boyfriends Worse Than Yours
  • 1,001 Facts That Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader
  • I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar: A Collection of Egregious Errors, Disconcerting Bloopers, and Other Linguistic Slip-Ups
  • The Book of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks: A Celebration of Creative Punctuation
  • Dear Old Love: Anonymous Notes to Former Crushes, Sweethearts, Husbands, Wives, &  Ones That Got Away
  • Passive Aggressive Notes: Painfully Polite and Hilariously Hostile Writings
  • Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won't Be Dating or Having Sex
Fail Harder: Ridiculous Illustrations of Epic Fails Fail Nation