Start by marking “Fail Nation: A Visual Romp Through the World of Epic Fails” as Want to Read:
Fail Nation: A Visual Romp Through the World of Epic Fails

Fail Nation: A Visual Romp Through the World of Epic Fails

From the underbelly of the nuts behind hit websites failblog.org and icanhascheezburger.com comes FAIL Nation, your silent guide and handler to the not-even-close-to-perfect nation of FAIL, chock-full of irrelevant tips and useless suggestions about why to shop, who to eat, and when to see. So fasten your exit and check for the nearest seatbelt—your FAIL plane departs now.
Published October 6th 2009 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Fail Nation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fail Nation

Holden Attradies
Nov 04, 2013 Holden Attradies rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
I was pretty darn disappointed in this. There didn't seem to be too much to the book and it felt like what was there was a little representative. Things were just not as funny as I had hoped for and a lot of the pictures seemed to only be "fails" because their context wasn't shown.
Paul Bassinson
Jan 04, 2017 Paul Bassinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-books
Another bite-sized tome from the world the Internet has given us, this laugh-a-minute image collection parades on display the ineptitude of individuals who only had ONE JOB...and failed miserably! Yet another soundbite of a book leaves us wondering when this genre will grow into something more substantial, or, far more unlikely, fade away completely because of the loss of the novelty factor! A very enjoyable read, nonetheless, and a comforting reminder that, no matter *how* bad you are at your j ...more
Harris
This is a fairly standard blog spin off book with some random pictures submitted from the internet, some more “real” than others; ostensibly recording various incidences of gross incompetence, naive gaffs, accidental blunders, and other weird things somebody took a picture of once. There is no back story to any of the images collected, and a few seem suspiciously contrived; some are not even "fails," but simply bad luck or just random weirdness. However, setting the book up as a pseudo-travel bo ...more
Julia Brumfield
A book that will have you giggling or laughing to your heart's content as you look through pictures presented within the pages. This is mankind's best of the best spelling mistakes, errors and twisted thinking put into a humorous touristic guide to Fail Nation.

The book is easy to read while including some tips and/or tidbits that will help to tie everything together in one book that flows well. And since so many categories are covered there is guaranteed to be something for everyone.

~A Funny
Mark
Jan 31, 2010 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: friends who likes to laugh at others' mistakes
The "Fail Nation" actually has many similarities to picture books. What makes this book different is because it gains life from a blog. "Fail Nation" features many stupid, silly, ignorant, unnecessary yet unintentionally mistakes on signboards, public announcements (or other sources) from almost all over the globe; as photographed by many people (contributors to the blog). This book was interesting to me because I used to take pictures of the same "theme" and posted them into my Facebook account ...more
HeavyReader
Oct 29, 2016 HeavyReader rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
This book, a celebration of the poorly worded and mislabeled, was loaned to me. I'm please about that fact because I read this book quickly and probably wouldn't refer to it again. But I did enjoy it.

My favorites: "Dong" Insurance; "Cool American" flavored Doritos; a Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen sign reading "jalapenis chicken;" and "diesel fried chicken" proclaimed from the outside wall of a truck stop.

Yes, these were funny. Thank you Failblog for collecting the photos in one place.
Angel
Jan 25, 2010 Angel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
The book is from the folks at Failblog. But it has an interesting layout: it is organized as a tourist guide to the Fail Nation. The photos are funny, but funnier are some of the comments the authors add to the photos. If you have seen the blog, then you will enjoy the book. If not, then you owe it to yourself to go see the blog after reading the book. It is a very quick read. I had a couple of good laughs.
Remo
Nov 23, 2013 Remo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, 2013
El libro del blog Fail nation. Básicamente son unas cien fotos de carteles colocados con muy poca reflexión previa (sirva de ejemplo el de la portada ENTRANCE ONLY: DO NOT ENTER). Alguna sonrisilla cae por lo naïf de la gente a veces, pero poco más. No es un libro malo, es solo levemente irrelevante.
Jessica
A funny book of pictures full of failures, masquerading as a "travel book". However, it doesn't take too much examination to realize that some of those pictures are unfairly labeled as human "failures", due to either being the result of natural disasters or of creative photography on the part of the picture taker. Not as good or as fun as their "Fail Harder" book by the same people.
Maddy
This was between 3 and 4 stars for me. I thought it was going to be a lot more funny. There were a few times that I laughed so hard I cried but there were other points where I was found something awkward or just plain rude. I found Cake Wrecks to be much more hilarious.
Michael Hermann
Mar 04, 2015 Michael Hermann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rank this book right up there with the People of Wal-Mart books. Fun fast paced read that should put a smile on your face.
Alisa
Jul 27, 2010 Alisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
Another "We have way too much time on our hands at work" book.. it was fun
Emily
Oct 25, 2016 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, photos, funny
I bought this for my husband and ended up reading it on the train ride home :)
exactly what you would expect, something nice and light
Melissa
Aug 01, 2015 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Somewhat funny the first time you read and after that not funny at all.
Robert Samec
Got this for Christmas
Jul 15, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, nonfiction
An awful, shocking, fun read. (=
Kate
Sep 14, 2010 Kate rated it liked it
Recommends it for: failures, poor spellers, travelers
Recommended to Kate by: RPL
Shelves: miscellany
We are still eating kids for free!
Michael Lee Howard -Mayhew
This is basically a book version of FAILBLOG... it was a fast read read in about an hour or so ... great waste of time but that is about it
Tessa
Jan 07, 2013 Tessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty hilarious book XD
Jodi
Jan 16, 2012 Jodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it's scary that people are this dumb
Evie
Dec 26, 2009 Evie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
The spirit of photo blogs just don't translate well into books.
Claus Conrad
Claus Conrad rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2011
Kevin Malstrom
Kevin Malstrom rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2013
shakiti bobo
shakiti bobo rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Taye Shukin
Taye Shukin rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2017
Abbigail Seaver
Abbigail Seaver rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Maddie
Maddie rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2012
martina undurraga
martina undurraga rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Sh*t My Kids Ruined: An A-Z Celebration of Kid-Destruction
  • Creepiosity: A Hilarious Guide to the Unintentionally Creepy
  • I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes: From The Frontline Of Flatsharing
  • Signspotting 2 : More Absurd and Amazing Signs from Around the World
  • The Customer Is Not Always Right: Hilarious and Horrific Tales of Customers Gone Wrong
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • I Has a Hotdog: What Your Dog Is Really Thinking
  • 50 Boyfriends Worse Than Yours
  • Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF
  • When Parents Text: So Much Said...So Little Understood
  • Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • The Book of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks: A Celebration of Creative Punctuation
  • The Big Bento Box of Unuseless Japanese Inventions
  • Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won't Be Dating or Having Sex
  • Dear Old Love: Anonymous Notes to Former Crushes, Sweethearts, Husbands, Wives, &  Ones That Got Away
  • I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar: A Collection of Egregious Errors, Disconcerting Bloopers, and Other Linguistic Slip-Ups
  • 1,001 Facts that Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader