Patty's Gamble

Patty's Gamble

2.85 of 5 stars 2.85  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Greg Wilson is in a real fix. Upon his father’s death, he expects to inherit the ranch. Only, he can’t because his father owed a substantial amount of money to John Meyer and he doesn’t have enough to settle the debt. Now in order to protect the land and livestock, he must make a very unpleasant agreement. He must marry Patty Dixon.

Patty has been in love with Greg since ch...more
ebook
Published by Ruth Ann Nordin at Smashwords (first published May 2010)

Jae
I've always loved RA Nordin's writing. This story was kinda too short for my liking, but still was enjoyable without too many complicated and twisted story line.

Finished this in one siting.
Kelly
This novella about a girl being forced to marry an outlaw has her "pa" force a local ranch owner to marry her by gunpoint.
The story was described as a romantic comdedy. But it is neither romantic or comedic.

After 2 days of the Patty trying everything and anything (including washing clothes in the nude) to convince Greg not to get an annulment, Greg decides he loves her.
The only thing sillier than this is the non-believable sex scene at the end. The story would have been better without it.
The...more
Tash
The story was okay for a novella but don't understand why the author classified the book as romantic comedy. One of my least favourite stories of this author, but the concept of this series is interesting and will read the next book .
Lani
This wasn't a bad story, but I don't know if I would call it a comedy. Most of the heroine's actions seemed desperate more than humorous.
Dwayne
I like the author's other works, (Eye of the Beholder is superb!) but this one didn't work for me, sadly.
Sherri needs a twin
Cute and predictable but a nice interlude if you have an hour or two to spare.
Rosepetal78
Romantic Comedy, no. It was an ok read though. Seemed rushed
Carolyn
This was a good book - I just wish is was longer.
Kate
Cute story. Very short and quick to read.
Judith Jenkins
Judith Jenkins marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Teresa Lam
Teresa Lam marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Clementina
Clementina marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Seema Gupta
Seema Gupta marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Riz Anne
Riz Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Crystal Parker
Crystal Parker marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Amanda Lane
Amanda Lane marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
R
R marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Vicky
Vicky is currently reading it
Oct 31, 2013
Rachel Gauntt
Rachel Gauntt marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Hannah Louthan
Hannah Louthan marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Jeana
Jeana marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Diana Chukwu-otieno
Diana Chukwu-otieno marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...
A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals) A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals) The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Regency Collection, #1) A Chance In Time (Native American Romance prequel) Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals)