Start by marking “Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3)

Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection)

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Greg Wilson is in a real fix. Upon his father’s death, he expects to inherit the ranch. Only, he can’t because his father owed a substantial amount of money to John Meyer and he doesn’t have enough to settle the debt. Now in order to protect the land and livestock, he must make a very unpleasant agreement. He must marry Patty Dixon.

Patty has been in love with Greg since ch
ebook
Published by Ruth Ann Nordin at Smashwords (first published May 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Patty's Gamble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patty's Gamble

Jae
I've always loved RA Nordin's writing. This story was kinda too short for my liking, but still was enjoyable without too many complicated and twisted story line.

Finished this in one siting.
Judy Lavik
Perseverance (along with a little deception) finally pays off

Patty has been in love with Greg forever, and everyone knows it. Unfortunately, Greg's determination to avoid the marriage trap is also well-known in Lewistown. So what's a girl to do? Over the years, she's tried everything, but she refuses to give up, so Patty sets a trap, with the help of the town's most unsavory character. Poor Patty. She thought she'd finally gotten her heart's desire only to find out that her "catch" still has a l
Patricia
Forced weddings, square dances, and rattlesnakes

Those are just a few of the things in this story, which takes place in central Montana.
Patty - of - title is a young ranch woman, living with her father on the same ranch she grew up on, still loving the boy next door - or as it happens in that sort of country, the boy next ranch. Grown up into the rancher, since his father has passed on, and left him the ranch.
But the man has, for some unknown reason, decided that he is not going to fall into any
Judy
Patty’s Gamble by Ruth Ann Nordin
Montana Series Book Three
Patty Dixon is sure that Greg Wilson cares for her. So she sets up a trap to get him to marry her. And it works...sort of. Just because she is his wife in name,
it doesn’t mean he’s going to give her a real marriage. Patty gets ready to hang on for the ride of her life because she is going to win her husband’s heart.

Greg Wilson realizes all the things he could have done differently to get out of this marriage. A marriage he’s pretty sure
Connie Taylor
Another outstanding book from Ruth Ann Nordin!
Kelly
This novella about a girl being forced to marry an outlaw has her "pa" force a local ranch owner to marry her by gunpoint.
The story was described as a romantic comdedy. But it is neither romantic or comedic.

After 2 days of the Patty trying everything and anything (including washing clothes in the nude) to convince Greg not to get an annulment, Greg decides he loves her.
The only thing sillier than this is the non-believable sex scene at the end. The story would have been better without it.
The
Tash
The story was okay for a novella but don't understand why the author classified the book as romantic comedy. One of my least favourite stories of this author, but the concept of this series is interesting and will read the next book .
Jody
Happening same time as Boaz's Wager. Gets everything about Patty and Greg cleared up but I just didn't love this one but can't put my finger on the exact problem. Disguises, snake shooting and scheming!
Gretchen Fatouros
Another great one by Ruth Ann Nordin! Love her stories & enjoyed seeing how Patty got her man :-)

Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Lani
This wasn't a bad story, but I don't know if I would call it a comedy. Most of the heroine's actions seemed desperate more than humorous.
Dwayne
I like the author's other works, (Eye of the Beholder is superb!) but this one didn't work for me, sadly.
SheLove2Read
Cute and predictable but a nice interlude if you have an hour or two to spare.
Rosepetal78
Romantic Comedy, no. It was an ok read though. Seemed rushed
Carolyn
This was a good book - I just wish is was longer.
Kate
Cute story. Very short and quick to read.
Tina
Another great by Ruth Ann Nordin!!
Barbie
Barbie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Pippi
Pippi added it
Mar 07, 2015
Mandi Morgan
Mandi Morgan marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Sara V
Sara V marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Caroline G'wattage
Caroline G'wattage marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sing My Name
  • Scandal of Love (Scandals & Secrets, #1)
  • The Spinster & The Beast
  • Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #2; McCutcheon Family, #3)
  • Her Colorado Man
  • Brazos Bride (Men of Stone Mountain, #1)
  • To Take This Lord (Brides of Bath, #4)
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • Mail Order Mama (Brides of Beckham, #2)
  • The Reluctant Bride
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • California Caress
  • Her Reluctant Groom (The Grooms, #2)
  • Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek
  • Love on Assignment (Ladies of Summerhill, #2)
  • Streiker's Bride
  • The Royal Marriage Arrangement
  • Another Year
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...

Montana Collection (3 books)
  • Mitch's Win (Montana Collection, Book 1)
  • Boaz's Wager (Montana Collection, Book 2)
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage By Scandal, #1) A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals, #2) A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals, #3) Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals, #4) Suddenly a Bride (Across the Stars, #1)