Start by marking “Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3)

Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection)

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  158 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Greg Wilson is in a real fix. Upon his father’s death, he expects to inherit the ranch. Only, he can’t because his father owed a substantial amount of money to John Meyer and he doesn’t have enough to settle the debt. Now in order to protect the land and livestock, he must make a very unpleasant agreement. He must marry Patty Dixon.

Patty has been in love with Greg since ch
ebook
Published by Ruth Ann Nordin at Smashwords (first published May 2010)

Jae
I've always loved RA Nordin's writing. This story was kinda too short for my liking, but still was enjoyable without too many complicated and twisted story line.

Finished this in one siting.
Judy Lavik
Sep 05, 2014 Judy Lavik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perseverance (along with a little deception) finally pays off

Patty has been in love with Greg forever, and everyone knows it. Unfortunately, Greg's determination to avoid the marriage trap is also well-known in Lewistown. So what's a girl to do? Over the years, she's tried everything, but she refuses to give up, so Patty sets a trap, with the help of the town's most unsavory character. Poor Patty. She thought she'd finally gotten her heart's desire only to find out that her "catch" still has a l
Patricia
Dec 04, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forced weddings, square dances, and rattlesnakes

Those are just a few of the things in this story, which takes place in central Montana.
Patty - of - title is a young ranch woman, living with her father on the same ranch she grew up on, still loving the boy next door - or as it happens in that sort of country, the boy next ranch. Grown up into the rancher, since his father has passed on, and left him the ranch.
But the man has, for some unknown reason, decided that he is not going to fall into any
Judy
Jul 14, 2014 Judy rated it it was amazing
Patty’s Gamble by Ruth Ann Nordin
Montana Series Book Three
Patty Dixon is sure that Greg Wilson cares for her. So she sets up a trap to get him to marry her. And it works...sort of. Just because she is his wife in name,
it doesn’t mean he’s going to give her a real marriage. Patty gets ready to hang on for the ride of her life because she is going to win her husband’s heart.

Greg Wilson realizes all the things he could have done differently to get out of this marriage. A marriage he’s pretty sure
Connie Taylor
Sep 04, 2014 Connie Taylor rated it it was amazing
Another outstanding book from Ruth Ann Nordin!
Kelly
Sep 04, 2010 Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This novella about a girl being forced to marry an outlaw has her "pa" force a local ranch owner to marry her by gunpoint.
The story was described as a romantic comdedy. But it is neither romantic or comedic.

After 2 days of the Patty trying everything and anything (including washing clothes in the nude) to convince Greg not to get an annulment, Greg decides he loves her.
The only thing sillier than this is the non-believable sex scene at the end. The story would have been better without it.
The
Anneka
Apr 22, 2015 Anneka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good, but short.
Tash
Jan 02, 2012 Tash rated it liked it
The story was okay for a novella but don't understand why the author classified the book as romantic comedy. One of my least favourite stories of this author, but the concept of this series is interesting and will read the next book .
Jody
Aug 20, 2014 Jody rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books, ebook
Happening same time as Boaz's Wager. Gets everything about Patty and Greg cleared up but I just didn't love this one but can't put my finger on the exact problem. Disguises, snake shooting and scheming!
Gretchen Fatouros
Oct 05, 2014 Gretchen Fatouros rated it it was amazing
Another great one by Ruth Ann Nordin! Love her stories & enjoyed seeing how Patty got her man :-)

Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Lani
This wasn't a bad story, but I don't know if I would call it a comedy. Most of the heroine's actions seemed desperate more than humorous.
Dwayne
Apr 11, 2011 Dwayne rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-book-copy
I like the author's other works, (Eye of the Beholder is superb!) but this one didn't work for me, sadly.
SheLove2Read
Dec 09, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
Cute and predictable but a nice interlude if you have an hour or two to spare.
Rosepetal78
Apr 07, 2011 Rosepetal78 rated it it was ok
Romantic Comedy, no. It was an ok read though. Seemed rushed
Anneka
Apr 22, 2015 Anneka marked it as to-read
Didn't they get married in "The Keeping of Greg Wilson"???
Carolyn
Jun 02, 2010 Carolyn rated it really liked it
This was a good book - I just wish is was longer.
Kate
Mar 12, 2011 Kate rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Cute story. Very short and quick to read.
Tina
Jul 17, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing
Another great by Ruth Ann Nordin!!
Alisson
Alisson marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Amina Ector
Amina Ector marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Shaan Shakir
Shaan Shakir rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Judy
Judy added it
Jan 16, 2016
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Kitty Mccaffrey
Kitty Mccaffrey rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2016
Monique Kelly
Monique Kelly rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Jodi Dowell
Jodi Dowell marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Brenda J. Moore
Brenda J. Moore rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Simmy allen
Simmy allen rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
  • Broken Angel (Unconventional, #2)
  • Her Colorado Man
  • MacLain's Wife
  • Sing My Name
  • Love by Secrets
  • The Spinster & The Beast
  • Prairie Bride
  • The Reluctant Bride
  • The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1)
  • Scandal of Love (Scandals & Secrets, #1)
  • To Take This Lord (Brides of Bath, #4)
  • Brazos Bride (Men of Stone Mountain, #1)
  • Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #2; McCutcheon Family, #3)
  • California Caress
  • His Hired Baby (Safe Harbor Medical, #2)
  • Rose (Suitors of Seattle, #1)
  • Love on Assignment (Ladies of Summerhill, #2)
  • For The Sake of Sin
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...

Montana Collection (3 books)
  • Mitch's Win (Montana Collection, Book 1)
  • Boaz's Wager (Montana Collection, Book 2)