Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection, Book 3)

Patty's Gamble (Montana Collection)

2.97 of 5 stars 2.97  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Greg Wilson is in a real fix. Upon his father’s death, he expects to inherit the ranch. Only, he can’t because his father owed a substantial amount of money to John Meyer and he doesn’t have enough to settle the debt. Now in order to protect the land and livestock, he must make a very unpleasant agreement. He must marry Patty Dixon.

Patty has been in love with Greg since ch...more
ebook
Published by Ruth Ann Nordin at Smashwords (first published May 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Patty's Gamble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patty's Gamble

Jae
I've always loved RA Nordin's writing. This story was kinda too short for my liking, but still was enjoyable without too many complicated and twisted story line.

Finished this in one siting.
Patricia
Forced weddings, square dances, and rattlesnakes

Those are just a few of the things in this story, which takes place in central Montana.
Patty - of - title is a young ranch woman, living with her father on the same ranch she grew up on, still loving the boy next door - or as it happens in that sort of country, the boy next ranch. Grown up into the rancher, since his father has passed on, and left him the ranch.
But the man has, for some unknown reason, decided that he is not going to fall into any...more
Judy
Patty’s Gamble by Ruth Ann Nordin
Montana Series Book Three
Patty Dixon is sure that Greg Wilson cares for her. So she sets up a trap to get him to marry her. And it works...sort of. Just because she is his wife in name,
it doesn’t mean he’s going to give her a real marriage. Patty gets ready to hang on for the ride of her life because she is going to win her husband’s heart.

Greg Wilson realizes all the things he could have done differently to get out of this marriage. A marriage he’s pretty sure...more
Kelly
This novella about a girl being forced to marry an outlaw has her "pa" force a local ranch owner to marry her by gunpoint.
The story was described as a romantic comdedy. But it is neither romantic or comedic.

After 2 days of the Patty trying everything and anything (including washing clothes in the nude) to convince Greg not to get an annulment, Greg decides he loves her.
The only thing sillier than this is the non-believable sex scene at the end. The story would have been better without it.
The...more
Tash
The story was okay for a novella but don't understand why the author classified the book as romantic comedy. One of my least favourite stories of this author, but the concept of this series is interesting and will read the next book .
Jody
Happening same time as Boaz's Wager. Gets everything about Patty and Greg cleared up but I just didn't love this one but can't put my finger on the exact problem. Disguises, snake shooting and scheming!
Lani
This wasn't a bad story, but I don't know if I would call it a comedy. Most of the heroine's actions seemed desperate more than humorous.
Dwayne
I like the author's other works, (Eye of the Beholder is superb!) but this one didn't work for me, sadly.
SheLove2Read
Cute and predictable but a nice interlude if you have an hour or two to spare.
Rosepetal78
Romantic Comedy, no. It was an ok read though. Seemed rushed
Carolyn
This was a good book - I just wish is was longer.
Kate
Cute story. Very short and quick to read.
Tina
Another great by Ruth Ann Nordin!!
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Mary William
Mary William marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Alysen
Alysen marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Natalie Ryabenko
Natalie Ryabenko marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Cezine
Cezine marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Britney Mitchell
Britney Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage By Scandal, #1) A Bride for Tom (Nebraska Historicals #1) A Husband for Margaret (Nebraska Historicals #2) Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals #3) A Chance In Time (Native American Romance prequel)