Start by marking “Meeow and the Pots and Pans” as Want to Read:
Meeow and the Pots and Pans

Meeow and the Pots and Pans

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Bang a pot, hit a lid, beat the mixing bowls: Meeow and his friends are cooking up a musical treat! With just a little imagination and a few colorful kitchen items, they’ve created an amazing animal orchestra.

Young readers will feel inspired to grab a spoon and a dish and join right in!

Published April 6th 2010 by Boxer Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Meeow and the Pots and Pans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeow and the Pots and Pans

Elisabeth
Perfect for the younger-just-graduated-from-lapsit toddlers and I like the use of great vocab words like "colander" too.
Paula
Bang a pot, hit a lid, beat the mixing bowls: Meeow and his friends are cooking up a musical treat! With just a little imagination and a few colorful kitchen items, they've created an amazing animal orchestra. Young readers will feel inspired to grab a spoon and a dish and join right in! Third title in the new MEEOW series from best-selling author-illustrator Sebastien Braun, which launched last season
Sarah Sammis
Meeow and the Pots and Pans by Sebastien Braun is from the Meeow series. In this book Meeow invites his friends over to make music from the different things in the kitchen, especially pots and pans.

The book uses simple, brightly colored illustrations, a clean typeface and a limited vocabulary to make the book easy to read aloud (or easy to read for a beginning reader). The illustrations will be easy to see during story time and the book could be used during an interactive story and music time at
Meg McGregor
The little one I am watching now loves cats and calls them "meows" instead of cats so when I saw this book at the library I picked it up immediately!

I just loved it and so did my little one! With a little imagination you can have your own band just like Meeow and his friends do!
Emmeline Guest
Both Meeow and the Pots and Pans and Meeow and the Big Box are excellent picture books for emergent readers. Large basic black text and the use of words that can easily be sounded out are perfect for children just learning to read (or recognize letters). Those who like both Mo Willems and Jan Thomas will likely enjoy Meeow and his friends. Meeow may not be as silly as Willems’s characters or as sarcastic as Thomas’s, but what he lacks humor and sarcasm, he makes up for in cleverness and imaginat ...more
Vivian
This is the first "Meeow" book I've read. Like the syndicated "Maisy" books, the illustratins are bright and bold. Meeow's pals are Woof, Moo, Baa, and Quack and they all want to help in the kitchen. They do just as children do--ask questions, demand attention, satisfy curiosity and play creatively. I can't wait to work the other Meeow titles onto my buying list.
Stories & Songs: Meeow
Tdavis
Mar 03, 2011 Tdavis rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Two - Kindergarten
Shelves: vocabulary, preschool
The illustrations are attractive, the story is simple (has a slight twist), and integrates great vocabulary words. I love Meeow books!

Early Literacy Skills:

Narrative Skills
Phonological Awareness
Print Awareness
Print Motivation
Vocabulary

Great for a younger audience.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This is a cute book for toddlers - goes through the various animals and sounds they make. And the end it fun. Simple text also makes it accessible for emerging readers. However, my biggest issue - and it may just be me - the book never refers to the animals by their name - only by the sounds they make.
Ratforcekids
We use the "Meeow" books a lot in storytimes. The primary colors make the simple illustrations easy to see for a group of listeners. This book along with Meeow and the Little Chairs and Meeow and the Big Box helps imaginations soar as the children try to figure out just exactly what Meeow is up to.
Library Quine
A lovely little story to introduce young children (and their careers) to the joys of playing with everyday items. When meeow and his friends explore the pan cupboard it isn't to do some cooking, Meeow has a much more fun activity planned. Lots of great noises from Meeow's band are created.
Ubalstecha
Simple picture book about a cat and her friends who use kitchen implements to pretend they are a marching band. Be warned, reading this book to your pre-schooler may lead to recreation of scenes from the book in your own kitchen.
Jess Brown
I could almost give this one 5 stars just for how cute Meeow is! Great, simple book about Meeow and his friends and the music they find in the kitchen. Best for toddlers and young preschoolers.
NixLapi
We discovered Meeow at the library and this story in particular is a huge hit with my music loving daughter! Simple bold illustrations and fun story-line that my toddler can easily relate to.
Melissa
Love these books. Simple enough for toddlers with just a bit of an opportunity to stretch their prediction muscles. Plus clear, bright, simple pictures that will work in storytime.
Kristen
These books are great. Whenever a book features imaginative play I want to use it in story time, and this is a great one for toddler time. Meeow is always a reliable choice.
Amy
Playing with pots and pans is definitely interesting when the animals playing with them have names that are the sounds that each animal makes (such as Meow).
Vicki
Meeow and her friends are getting out the pots and pans - what are they making? Great read with short text and great pictures for Tiny Tots
Lori
An adorable picture book about a cat named Meeow who hangs out in the kitchen with his friends. (I'm perusing picture books to get book ideas.)
Angie
The Meeow books are great for toddlers! Interactive...great for vocabulary and encouraging pretending and imagination.
Angela
uses very simple text and bold artwork to introduce and review color words and name kitchen utensils.
Greta
Reminiscent of what we gave our 6 month old for his first Christmas. Doesn't ever kid love pots and pans?
Marie
The book will be lots of fun to share with toddlers, who know exactly what to do with pots and pans!
Kate Hastings
Jun 19, 2010 Kate Hastings rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Toddlers, music and movement
animals make their own musical instruments from pots and pans in the kitchen. Perfect length for toddlers.
Susan
Great book for toddlers - would be fun to read as an intro to making a kitchen band.
Nancy J.
Another good one for younger class. Color words included.
Peacegal
I am so glad real cats don't bang on pots and pans.
Trisha
Predictable but clever. Great read for kids.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Brownie & Pearl Step Out
  • The Busy Little Squirrel
  • Worms for Lunch?
  • Mama Cat Has Three Kittens
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • Oh, Daddy!
  • Little Chicken's Big Day
  • This Little Chick
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • Shape by Shape
"I’m French and studied fine and applied arts at Strasbourg University.
I taught applied arts before becoming a freelance illustrator, first of all for editorial clients in Paris.
When I moved to London in 2000 I developed my illustrations for children and since then have been
working exclusively on children’s picture books.

If you’d like more information about my work, please drop me a line.
I’m a mem
More about Sebastien Braun...
Back to Bed, Ed I Love My Daddy Meeow and the Little Chairs Meeow and the Big Box On Our Way Home