Start by marking “Meeow and the Pots and Pans” as Want to Read:
Meeow and the Pots and Pans

Meeow and the Pots and Pans (Meeow)

Bang a pot, hit a lid, beat the mixing bowls: Meeow and his friends are cooking up a musical treat! With just a little imagination and a few colorful kitchen items, they’ve created an amazing animal orchestra.

Young readers will feel inspired to grab a spoon and a dish and join right in!

Published April 6th 2010 by Boxer Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Meeow and the Pots and Pans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeow and the Pots and Pans

Jan 25, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-star
We loved the whimsical illustrations in this board book! The story follows Meeow and friends as they decide to empty the kitchen cupboards with plans to make a band using the things that they find. I'm secretly glad my son is too young to do that himself!
Elisabeth
May 21, 2011 Elisabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for the younger-just-graduated-from-lapsit toddlers and I like the use of great vocab words like "colander" too.
Sarah Sammis
Oct 31, 2010 Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meeow and the Pots and Pans by Sebastien Braun is from the Meeow series. In this book Meeow invites his friends over to make music from the different things in the kitchen, especially pots and pans.

The book uses simple, brightly colored illustrations, a clean typeface and a limited vocabulary to make the book easy to read aloud (or easy to read for a beginning reader). The illustrations will be easy to see during story time and the book could be used during an interactive story and music time at
Emmeline Guest
Both Meeow and the Pots and Pans and Meeow and the Big Box are excellent picture books for emergent readers. Large basic black text and the use of words that can easily be sounded out are perfect for children just learning to read (or recognize letters). Those who like both Mo Willems and Jan Thomas will likely enjoy Meeow and his friends. Meeow may not be as silly as Willems’s characters or as sarcastic as Thomas’s, but what he lacks humor and sarcasm, he makes up for in cleverness and imaginat ...more
Kenneth
Apr 27, 2015 Kenneth rated it it was amazing
I don't know why but my daughter loves this book. We borrowed it from the library, and have not put it down since. She loves the colors on each page. She likes the part when they take out all the pots and pans and start banging on them. She must relate. I enjoy reading books that get her excited. My wife says she had to read the book numerous of times before my daughter decided it was time to play.
Paula
Bang a pot, hit a lid, beat the mixing bowls: Meeow and his friends are cooking up a musical treat! With just a little imagination and a few colorful kitchen items, they've created an amazing animal orchestra. Young readers will feel inspired to grab a spoon and a dish and join right in! Third title in the new MEEOW series from best-selling author-illustrator Sebastien Braun, which launched last season
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This is a cute book for toddlers - goes through the various animals and sounds they make. And the end it fun. Simple text also makes it accessible for emerging readers. However, my biggest issue - and it may just be me - the book never refers to the animals by their name - only by the sounds they make.
Tdavis
Mar 03, 2011 Tdavis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Two - Kindergarten
Shelves: vocabulary, preschool
The illustrations are attractive, the story is simple (has a slight twist), and integrates great vocabulary words. I love Meeow books!

Early Literacy Skills:

Narrative Skills
Phonological Awareness
Print Awareness
Print Motivation
Vocabulary

Great for a younger audience.
Ratforcekids
Oct 16, 2012 Ratforcekids rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, animals
We use the "Meeow" books a lot in storytimes. The primary colors make the simple illustrations easy to see for a group of listeners. This book along with Meeow and the Little Chairs and Meeow and the Big Box helps imaginations soar as the children try to figure out just exactly what Meeow is up to.
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Baby Lap Time on 5/20/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Drop-In Story Time on 9/4/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Toddler Lap Time on 11/8/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Vivian
Jul 01, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This is the first "Meeow" book I've read. Like the syndicated "Maisy" books, the illustratins are bright and bold. Meeow's pals are Woof, Moo, Baa, and Quack and they all want to help in the kitchen. They do just as children do--ask questions, demand attention, satisfy curiosity and play creatively. I can't wait to work the other Meeow titles onto my buying list.
Meg McGregor
Jan 18, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
The little one I am watching now loves cats and calls them "meows" instead of cats so when I saw this book at the library I picked it up immediately!

I just loved it and so did my little one! With a little imagination you can have your own band just like Meeow and his friends do!
Ubalstecha
Nov 06, 2011 Ubalstecha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
Simple picture book about a cat and her friends who use kitchen implements to pretend they are a marching band. Be warned, reading this book to your pre-schooler may lead to recreation of scenes from the book in your own kitchen.
Library Quine
A lovely little story to introduce young children (and their careers) to the joys of playing with everyday items. When meeow and his friends explore the pan cupboard it isn't to do some cooking, Meeow has a much more fun activity planned. Lots of great noises from Meeow's band are created.
Melinda
Apr 06, 2015 Melinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J LOVES this book! He asks to read it about every five minutes. He loves to get down and dance with all the onomatopoeia at the end. We might need to buy this one eventually, I can tell he'll be sad to see it go.
Melissa
Love these books. Simple enough for toddlers with just a bit of an opportunity to stretch their prediction muscles. Plus clear, bright, simple pictures that will work in storytime.
Jess Brown
I could almost give this one 5 stars just for how cute Meeow is! Great, simple book about Meeow and his friends and the music they find in the kitchen. Best for toddlers and young preschoolers.
Lori
Jul 16, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An adorable picture book about a cat named Meeow who hangs out in the kitchen with his friends. (I'm perusing picture books to get book ideas.)
Amy
Jul 24, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
Playing with pots and pans is definitely interesting when the animals playing with them have names that are the sounds that each animal makes (such as Meow).
Vicki
Jan 24, 2013 Vicki rated it really liked it
Meeow and her friends are getting out the pots and pans - what are they making? Great read with short text and great pictures for Tiny Tots
Ruth Ann
This would be a great lead-in for a music/band activity!
Angie
Jun 19, 2010 Angie rated it it was amazing
The Meeow books are great for toddlers! Interactive...great for vocabulary and encouraging pretending and imagination.
Angela
Feb 22, 2012 Angela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
uses very simple text and bold artwork to introduce and review color words and name kitchen utensils.
Trisha
Feb 20, 2011 Trisha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Predictable but clever. Great read for kids.
NixLapi
Jan 03, 2013 NixLapi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
We discovered Meeow at the library and this story in particular is a huge hit with my music loving daughter! Simple bold illustrations and fun story-line that my toddler can easily relate to.
Heather
Cute story about Meeow and his friends playing pretend with pots and pans.
Stories & Songs: Meeow
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Meeow and friends explore the kitchen! They bring out a wide assortment of dishes. Will they bake a cake? No! They build a band!

2015 Theme: Dishes

Reviewed from a library copy.
Greta
Dec 11, 2010 Greta rated it liked it
Reminiscent of what we gave our 6 month old for his first Christmas. Doesn't ever kid love pots and pans?
Marie
Feb 14, 2011 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book will be lots of fun to share with toddlers, who know exactly what to do with pots and pans!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • I Love Bugs!
  • Flip, Flap, Fly!: A Book for Babies Everywhere
  • Kitty's Cuddles
  • Brownie & Pearl Step Out
  • Clip-Clop
  • Shape by Shape
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • Mama Cat Has Three Kittens
  • Little Chicken's Big Day
  • Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors
  • Tanka Tanka Skunk!
  • The Thingamabob
"I’m French and studied fine and applied arts at Strasbourg University.
I taught applied arts before becoming a freelance illustrator, first of all for editorial clients in Paris.
When I moved to London in 2000 I developed my illustrations for children and since then have been
working exclusively on children’s picture books.

If you’d like more information about my work, please drop me a line.
I’m a mem
More about Sebastien Braun...

Meeow (4 books)