Start by marking “Bingo's Big Adventure” as Want to Read:
Bingo's Big Adventure

Bingo's Big Adventure

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Providing a "cat's eye view" of the world, a kitten named Bingo describes life from his perspective while exploring the outdoors on his new farm. Told in the first person with rhyming stanzas, Bingo's Big Adventure will appeal to children ages 3-8 with colored, farm-scene action photos and exciting moments including an encounter with a pesky rooster. Sniffing, watching, an ...more
Hardcover
Published June 1st 2010 by King Publishing (CA)

To ask other readers questions about Bingo's Big Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bingo's Big Adventure

Wooden Horse
Why only four stars? Four stars leaves a little room for Bingo's next adventure to score even higher. If I had 10 stars to work with I'd give him a 9! Now I am not a cat person so giving even 4 stars to a cat is rather difficult for me. Being named after one of the most widely known dogs definitely adds to his credentials as a true winner though and I am more than willing to both buy this book and recommend it for everyone else to buy. The pictures are so cool! It's as though Bingo posed for the ...more
Mymcbooks
My Review: Bingo is an adopted cat and Julia King describes the world Bingo lives in through his own eyes. Bingo is curious about his environment and goes out exploring the farm on which he now lives. He founds out first that there are no dogs. “Hmm… I think my life is going to be fun” said Bingo. On his adventures, he met Jimmy the cat for the first time, chickens and a mean looking rooster named Danish Leghorn.

The photographs are amazing and stunning. After you have read the story you will ke
Heather Poinsett Dunbar
Bingo's Big Adventure is a beautiful story about a rescued cat living on a farm and his adventure outside. Bingo explores a tractor, chickens, a tree, and it brings back wonderful memories of my cats adventures.

Believe it or not I read it to my three cats and they seemed to enjoy it and the pictures of Bingo and his friends as much as I did. Even my husband, thought it was a wonderful tale.

I also love that the author's book is based on cats that were adopted.

It's a book I'll probably take into
Carrie
Aug 11, 2010 Carrie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cat lovers
Shelves: first-reads
Won this book through the First Reads contest, waiting for it to arrive to review! Can't wait, I think my daughter will love it...

Update! Got the book - beautiful hardcover edition with fabulous pictures! The story is loose, but basically it is based on photos of Bingo the cat as he explores his new home. The story is really the author's take on what Bingo's thoughts and feelings are from the photos. Really enjoyed this! It is a little lengthy for a young toddler, but my daughter (14mo) still en
Snorkle
I was impressed with most of the photography in this book and enjoyed that the story was told this way instead of with illustrations. The colorful backgrounds that accompanied the text was also pleasing because it was not a boring white layout. I was a little disappointed in the textual story though and didn't feel like it was as engaging as the photos. But for the most part I enjoyed this book.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2010...
Barb
Won on First-Reads giveaway. A really quick read since it's for children. Love the adventures through the cats eye and the pictures in this book are beautiful. I really love the cat holding onto the tree with the three chickens on the fence. Another photo I adore is the cat in the tree with the fall colors. My grandson loves cats and it's easy for him to follow the story or even read this book himself. He'll be turing 8 yrs old in a few months. The pictures just go along so well with the story.
Bridget
Bingo is a fun cat with a great story. Kids will go nuts to join Bingo on his adventures. The book is entertaining and has beautiful pictures. This would be a great way to get your kids to learn to love reading.
Jenny
Loved it, of course, because I know Bingo personally, and Julia. The photos are great, and I like the perspective of the curious cat as a cat!
diana burns
diana burns marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Virginia
Virginia marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2011
Amy
Amy added it
Jun 07, 2011
Marcy Strahan
Marcy Strahan marked it as to-read
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Chris Ryan
Chris Ryan marked it as to-read
Kenaia
Kenaia marked it as to-read
Dori
Dori added it
Jae Park
Jae Park marked it as to-read
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Gabriel
Gabriel marked it as to-read
Robyn Brown
Robyn Brown marked it as to-read
Connie Harrison
Connie Harrison marked it as to-read
Zoltan Almasi
Zoltan Almasi marked it as to-read
Christine Yvonne
Christine Yvonne marked it as to-read
Sneak a Peek! See more about this book. 1 5 Jun 21, 2010 02:19PM
The Flowering Of Art Nouveau Graphics Suicide The Library of Leonard and Virginia Woolf: A Short-Title Catalog Bingo Explores the Farm Pathways to History, Charles County, Maryland, 1658-2008