Start by marking “Salome at Sunrise (Eldwyn Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Salome at Sunrise (Eldwyn Chronicles, #2)

Salome at Sunrise (Eldwyn Chronicles #2)

Bryton Haruk sets out on a suicide mission to stop the bloodthirsty Skullmen from terrorizing the war-weary Land of Eldwyn. Consumed by guilt over the death of his wife, Bryton seeks revenge and reunion in the afterlife with his lost love. His purpose is determined, his bravery unmatched, until the queen casts a spell to save Bryton from himself.

Salome is that spell. A bir
Published June 1st 2010 by Carina Press (first published May 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Salome at Sunrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salome at Sunrise

Mei
Nov 18, 2015 Mei rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I loved it as much as I loved Myla by Moonlight! ... maybe even more!!!

Why? Because of both hero, Bryton and the heroine, Salome!

Both are wonderful people (ops... birdy... LOL). Very generous and giving. Bryton maybe too much. He, as he himself constantly reminds us, is ready to give his life for his king and country. It could have been annoying, but here I liked it because it was such a strong and true part of his being.

When Bryton loves, he loves deeply and fully...unconditionally! He doesn't
Emily Crow
A fantasy romance novel about a man on a suicidal quest for revenge against the evil "Skullmen" and the bird-spirit-woman who is summoned by magic to console him. Of course, I read this because magical bird spirit person has to be one of the coolest ideas I've come across. Also, the book was only 99 cents, so what's the harm of trying it? And...it was okay. The world-building was pretty generic fantasy-land, the bad guy was your generic fantasy bad guy, and the romance was okay but not compellin ...more
Suzan Isik
Jul 06, 2010 Suzan Isik rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-books, toberemo
I’ve been sitting on this book for several months, pretty much since it came out back in June. Yeah, my TBR pile is that chaotic and out of control. But I finally read it yesterday. Sigh. I can’t believe I waited that long to read this book. It was fantastic.

Bryton is the the king’s captain, and decides to go on this suicide mission to end the guy that killed his wife. He doesn’t care if he lives or dies, but he wants the guy that killed his wife to pay for his crimes. The king is worried about
Susi
Jul 24, 2010 Susi rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy, 2010-11, 2010
Salome at Sunrise is the second book in a romantic fantasy series but I noticed that after I already started the novel. Usually I really hate to read books out of order, it's one of those OCDs you just can't shed, but Salome at Sunrise drew me in nonetheless. At times I noticed that this has to be a book in a series and I felt like I missed some of the good stuff in the first book (btw it's Myla by Moonlight) but I never felt left behind or as if I missed any vital information.

Salome at Sunrise
Jasmyn
Nov 02, 2010 Jasmyn rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance, fantasy
Bryton Haruk has a sworn duty to protect his king and his country, but his duty has been difficult ever since the day he wife was killed by invaders. And now he finds the invaders returning and threatening all that remains dear to him. He swears vengence and justice, to be the lawful executioner of the invader's leader.

The King watches as Bryton is eaten up from within and summons a powerful spirit to help ease his pain and teach him to love life again. Salome, a bird-shifter, answers his summon
SaturNalia
Bryton lost his wife to the murderous skullmen, he accepts dangerous missions hoping to die so he can be with her in the afterlife. Salome is a spell, a bird shapeshifter, controller of wind and peacekeeper, sent to give Bryton peace. Salome is very innocent, she doesn't know anything about the human world. At first it's just Salome and Bryton traking the skullmen hide out, then toward the end the skullmen interacting with each other and their slaves. There is a lovely scene with Bryton and Salo ...more
Jeannie Lin
Jul 11, 2010 Jeannie Lin rated it it was amazing
I really wanted to read this book after enjoying the first one, Myla by Moonlight. I felt that this was everything Myla was and more. The worldbuilding is richer and deeper. The characters are more emotionally complex, from the tortured hero Bryton to the innocent, yet not so innocent Salome to even the villain. It's as if Inez Kelley is really getting comfortable in her writing skin. Really hope there's a third book in the series!
Danielle
Apr 22, 2011 Danielle rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! As good as Myla by Moonlight. The ending wasn't as epic as MbM was (bawled like a baby) but it was just as emotional. I felt so badly for Bryton and was so happy that the love he had for his wife was not somehow 'less' than his love for Salome. His relationship with Katina was not shown to be tainted or lacking and his pain was real. I cannot wait for Kelley to announce the third installment (final?! no!) for Jana, Bryton's daughter with Katina. Love this universe by Kelley!!
Ilona
Feb 15, 2013 Ilona rated it really liked it
The magic of this story is created by the ability of the author to make the reader believe in a living spell. I was pulled into the problems and anguish of Bryton's fight against the evil that took his wife and his guilt at his growing feelings for Salome. By the end of the story I was emotionally drained but happy.
Zury
Feb 08, 2011 Zury rated it really liked it
This was a great book.
Rebecca Morgan
Rebecca Morgan rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Yvette
Yvette rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2010
Jodie_what?
Jodie_what? rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Leontine
Leontine rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2010
C.M. Torrens
C.M. Torrens rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2010
Voirey Linger
Voirey Linger rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2010
Regan
Regan rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2011
FredTownWard
FredTownWard rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2010
Chantalle
Chantalle rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2011
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Shelley Birrell
Shelley Birrell rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2017
Julie D
Julie D rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2011
J
J rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2013
Babette James
Babette James rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2011
Lauren Stone
Lauren Stone rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Kalyee
Kalyee rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2010
Laura rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2010

INEZ KELLEY was born and bred in the mountains of West Virginia. She currently resides there with her lumberjack husband, their teenage drama queen, Spawnetta, and the Demolition Duo – Damien and his twin, the Omen.

She is a multi-published author of various romance genres. You can visit her at her website http://inezkelley.com/ Follow Inez on twitter at @Inez_Kelley or on Facebook at http://www.f
More about Inez Kelley...

Eldwyn Chronicles (3 books)
  • Myla by Moonlight (Eldwyn Chronicles, #1)
  • Time Dancer (Eldwyn Chronicles, #3)