Start by marking “Vegas Two-Step” as Want to Read:
Vegas Two-Step

Vegas Two-Step (Oak Stand #1)

A post-makeover vacation fling. That's all Nellie Tucker wants from Jack Darby. After all, a librarian from a small Texas community doesn't have a lot in common with a cool business guy like Jack. Sure, their week in Las Vegas is wonderful, but Nellie has her real life to get back to.
So imagine her surprise when Jack suddenly appears in her hometown. And not only does he
Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about Vegas Two-Step, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegas Two-Step

Elisa Beatty
Feb 05, 2011 Elisa Beatty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I haven't left a review for this book yet! Liz Talley became an auto-buy right out of the gate...She has a terrific, funny voice that makes me think of a Southern Kristan Higgins, and she's created a wonderfully imagined small town (which doesn't seem imaginary...it's so REAL), and the most wonderful characters. If you don't love Bubba, you don't have a heart! And he's just a secondary character.

I loved the central story--a great twist on the buttoned-up librarian on a bender...
Cate Rowan
Sep 18, 2010 Cate Rowan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such fun!

I had a wonderful time with this story. Nellie wants some freedom and a change, but who isn't sure how far that change should (or can) go, considering her background in the small town in which she lives. But then she gets to Vegas, and, well, Jack Darby is absolutely DELICIOUS...

There's more to both these characters than meets the eye, and it's a pleasure watching their relationship fire up in Vegas, and again in Texas (with complications) when he follows her there. The writing is smar
Rakisha
Apr 26, 2011 Rakisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-pb
Small town good girl and children's librarian, Nellie Hughes, is stuck in a rut. After being convinced by her citied best friend, Nellie agrees to a makeover, an assumed identity and a week long trip to Vegas. Nellie falls head over heels for her fling with club owner Jack Darby, but when she leaves him heartbroken with more questions than answers, he tracks her down to Oak Stand, Texas where he tries to break down her resolve. The story was tightly paced, relatable, and PG-13 steamy. The dialog ...more
Joy
Feb 22, 2011 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Geeky librarian gets a makeover and cuts loose in Vegas, including a fling with a handsome nightclub owner; when she returns to her Texas hometown, she discovers that her Vegas lover has followed her home and bought a horse farm right outside town. I loved the small-town characters and setting of this book, particularly the wise-cracking old women and the Bubba who is almost, but somehow not, a stereotype.

If you like Kristan Higgins and/or Jeannie Watt you will probably also like Liz Talley.
J.
Jul 09, 2010 J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those interested in plain jane or librarian romance with humor
I don't read romance for inspiration or encouragement, just entertainment. But I got just that when I read Vegas Two Step by Liz Talley. A hero who knows his life is lacking and a heroine confused about just who she is find each other, lose each other, and then find each other AND themselves again. A great uplifting, funny, sexy, romantic read and fresh take on the mousy librarian theme, with all the excitement of Vegas! Can't wait for her next book.
Fedora
Jul 29, 2011 Fedora rated it liked it
Nellie Tucker's a straitlaced librarian whose grandmother drummed into her duty and responsibility. She finally decides to take her friend up on her offer to show her a good time in Las Vegas one weekend after overhearing some high school girls mock her for her uptight and boring way of acting and dressing.

Jack Darby is a wealthy Las Vegas club owner; he and Nellie meet in passing at the airport, but he's preoccupied and she doesn't make much of a first impression. That is clearly not the case w
Maureen Howard
Feb 09, 2014 Maureen Howard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great addition to the Oak Stand world. I realize I'm reading this group out of publishing order, but Liz makes it very easy to love each couple no matter what order you read it in. I was surprised that the majority of the story took place away from the small town, but not disappointed in the least. Liz brings to life the worry of always having to fit in a neat little bow when your soul is screaming out for something else no matter what that bow looks like. I really hope you will take a look at ...more
Ani
Apr 10, 2016 Ani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vegas Two-Step is a warm and sexy book.
Nellie (Elle) is creating her own Cinderella story, with her best friend. Jack is in the middle of his own major life changes. After the two have chance meeting in an airport, Nellie decides the makeover and a fun-time is just what she needs.
The couple is great together, and when the weekend is over and Nellie returns to her real world she has much to think about.
Mar
May 25, 2013 Mar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Story is grrreat! It grabs you right in the beginning and you gallup through rooting for Nellie the whole way.
Laughing with her, cringing with her and ultimately triumphing with her. Jack is a perfect Foil for Our Nellie and sees her as desirable when she is clueless about her own charms and abilities.
Packed with Southern Charm and Humour.
Right up there with Susan Mallery, Jill Shalvis,Kristin Higgins,Victoria Dahl,Rachel Gibson,Carly Phillips.....
I loved it.
Darynda Jones
Sep 29, 2010 Darynda Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was so much fun!!! I just loved it. It was cute and funny and the romance was sweet and sizzling at the same time. Jack is my kind of hero, strong yet caring and willing to learn from his mistakes. Nellie is just a doll and they really suited each other. Very nice job! I can't wait for more from Liz Talley!
Sandra
Nov 09, 2013 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Idk I really loved this book. I thought the plot was great and the main characters were believable. jack darby sounds really sexy, tbh.
Angel
Jul 07, 2011 Angel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!!!! It was so awesome!!! I have met liz and she is a great person and writes pure romance and comedy!!!
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2010
Agnieszka
Agnieszka rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2015
Michele Lacroix
Michele Lacroix rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2011
Angie Cain
Angie Cain rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
 Chele
Chele rated it really liked it
May 18, 2011
M.K. Clinton
M.K. Clinton rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2013
Laurie Kellogg
Feb 07, 2011 Laurie Kellogg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute story!
Theresa
Theresa rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2011
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
May 14, 2010
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2012
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2011
Alyssia
Alyssia rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2011
Ruth Lafler
Ruth Lafler rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2013
Mary Pitre
Jan 08, 2014 Mary Pitre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed.
Christy
Christy rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Family Plan
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
  • Cowboy, Take Me Away
  • More Than One Night
  • Northern Exposure
  • Unexpected Family
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Housekeeper Mistress (At His Service, #3)
  • A Not-So-Perfect Past
  • The First Wife (The Chapman Files, #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Playboy's Proposition
  • Skylar's Outlaw
  • Hot Boss, Wicked Nights
  • That New York Minute
  • Touch and Go
  • Greek Doctor, Cinderella Bride
  • More Than Perfect (Perfect #2; Billionaires and Babies, #24)
I unashamedly read, write and love romance books. I adore the weight of a book in hand and the anticipation of a happy ending. I love the journey, the word play and the magic of story. Nothing's better than reading a good book...except writing one. You can learn more about me and my award-winning romances at http://www.liztalleybooks.com
More about Liz Talley...

Oak Stand (5 books)
  • The Way to Texas (Oak Stand, #2)
  • A Little Texas (Oak Stand, #3)
  • A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)
  • A Touch of Scarlet (Oak Stand, #5)