Ghostlands (Magic Time #3)

Ghostlands (Magic Time #3)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The Barnes & Noble Review
Magic Time: Ghostlands, the third and concluding volume of Marc Scott Zicree's Magic Time trilogy, is a post-apocalyptic epic comparable to Stephen King's The Stand. It follows visionary Cal Griffin and his misfit band of followers as they travel across a much-transformed America where machinery no longer runs and the surviving populace are slo...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 1st 2005 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published May 1st 2003)

Clarice
This ended up being a fun trilogy. It has its moments of cliched fantasy tropes and it has its moments of pure fun. It's a quest story with a nice troop of characters. Characters evolve and change, face problems, face the brink, and lots happens. There are a few moments when the story drags a bit, but for the most part it's fairly well-paced and pretty enjoyable.

Also, any character in a story that can reference Star Trek and Blade Runner is awesome.
Aaron
Fun/Inventive post apocryphal story of the loss of tech and the rise of magic, similar to the Shadow Run role playing game that game out in the late 80s. (except Shadow Run kept tech as well).

The payoff in the end was a bit of a let down for me. The buildup was great but the payoff didn't live up to expectations. Great series overall.
Judah
Dec 01, 2008 Judah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of DeLint who want something a bit *more*
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Kind of "simple" in some ways, yet still well done and enjoyable. As I've said about other books in this style, it's not going to change how you view the genre, there are no mind-bending twists or what-have-you...but it's also not going to detract from your overall opinion of it either.

Natalie
I love characters and endings like this, well almost. I like total wrap up and this leaves it wide open for episodes and continued interpretation. But I like the character development and the, to me, unexpected resolution.
Lori
After following the trails leading to the Source, what changed the world forever, a small band of travelers must work to save the remaining pieces of humanity from being consumed by the all-hungry Source.
April Kimmel
Best of the three books in the series, great ending. Detail and imagery was amazing. When Zicree described 'The Source' I could just SEE it!
Tric
Possibly one of my favourite series, ever.
Brandon
Was a good ending for the series.
Chris Mahnken
Chris Mahnken marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Joey Gilbert
Joey Gilbert marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Sol
Sol marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
M.H.
M.H. marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Vicky Cahill
Vicky Cahill marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Hezzy
Hezzy marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Arliss
Arliss marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Jamie Welch
Jamie Welch marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Debbie Holtman
Debbie Holtman marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Twilight Zone Companion Magic Time (Magic Time #1) Angelfire (Magic Time #2) Magic Time: Ghostlands Cabinet of Curiosities: My Notebooks, Collections, and Other Obsessions