Start by marking “Two-Headed Poems” as Want to Read:
Two-Headed Poems

Two-Headed Poems

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Published January 1st 1978 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Two-Headed Poems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two-Headed Poems

Anatha Latshaw
2.5/5 stars. I was kind of disappointed in this collection, but that doesn't mean that there weren't a few that didn't make my heart ache in the right way. (That, and I liked it a lot better than Selected Poems by Oscar Wilde, which got 2 stars, so it didn't feel like it fit into the same category).

Though most of the poems in this collection were less than memorable (or so I felt), the following five stuck with me (listed in order least to most favored):

1. The Man With a Hole in His Throat
2. Yo
Stephanie Kelley
some of these did nothing for me (maybe because i'm not a parent, nor have i ever farmed) but as usual many glimmers of light & some real gems, especially "marrying the hangman" & "the woman who could not live with her faulty heart"
Atwood's poems have a rich density to them that I am not sure I always like. I keep trying her, because sometimes I come across something that really speaks volumes. Reading her though, sometimes feels like I am toiling in mud to find the thing I want. The words sometimes fall into a basket of words accumulating in my body. Sometimes I want lightness and words that float through me, and tremble in the air.
Carly
Aug 17, 2014 Carly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
This was not like the last book of poetry that I read of Atwoods. There weren't as many that hit me hard and make me think, hence the star rating not as high.

But I still love the Atwood!
Sebastian
A number of exceptional poems, but I forget which collection of Atwood's poetry I'm reading, her voice begrudging in its consistence.

I won't discount the hard work that went into this collection, however; Atwood's craftsmanship is evident. Nothing feels casual or cast-off, as if she spent decades writing this collection.
C
All Bread
Emily
Apr 08, 2009 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Atwoood, fans of feminist poetry
Another wonderful collection from Atwood. Some of the poems lost me a bit, but the ones that were flat-out brilliant ("Two-Headed Poem" being a prime example) made up for that.
Amelia
I think I'll stick with Atwood's fiction.
Brooke
So good :)
Brittany Ross
Brittany Ross marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Shay
Shay marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Rainy
Rainy marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Cassie Fleurs
Cassie Fleurs marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Jaz Sufi
Jaz Sufi marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Randi Richards
Randi Richards marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Sep 01, 2014
Michelle Mooney
Michelle Mooney marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Suzi
Suzi marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Sari
Sari marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Margaret Atwood was born in 1939 in Ottawa and grew up in northern Ontario, Quebec, and Toronto. She received her undergraduate degree from Victoria College at the University of Toronto and her master's degree from Radcliffe College.

Throughout her writing career, Margaret Atwood has received numerous awards and honourary degrees. She is the author of more than thirty-five volumes of poetry, childr
More about Margaret Atwood...
The Handmaid's Tale Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam Trilogy, #1) The Blind Assassin The Year of the Flood (MaddAddam Trilogy, #2) Alias Grace