Start by marking “Simple Deceit (Harmony, #2)” as Want to Read:
Simple Deceit (Harmony, #2)

Simple Deceit (Harmony #2)

In the sequel to Simple Secrets, watch how a raging current of deceit runs through the once peaceful Mennonite community of Harmony, Kansas. As soon as Gracie decides to stay in town and take freelance work involving a local land developer, the townspeople blame her for bringing on this change that could ruin life as they know it. Gracie’s motives in romance with Sam, in h ...more
Published December 1st 2010 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about Simple Deceit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simple Deceit

Martha
Oct 11, 2016 Martha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a strong, faith-based mystery with a sweet romance is challenged by rumors and tension. Rating 4.5.

Gracie inherited her Uncle’s home and land in Harmony, Kansas. Although she was an outsider when she arrived, she soon found a warm welcome among the close knit, loving Mennonite community. Gracie has been away at work for several months. Now she has returned to her boyfriend, Sam, and the warm community she has learned to love. But it seems that trouble may have followed her.

The night Grac
Camille
Simple Deceit is the second book in the Harmony Series by Nancy Mehl, and I have to say I wasn't disappointed.

I really enjoyed Simple Secrets and I was so glad to get a chance to read Simple Deceit before it came out. Thanks again to NetGalley for allowing me to review this book!

If you want to read my review of Simple Secrets then go ahead and go to http://books-camilleelise4.blogspot.c... to read it!

Gracie has returned to Harmony, this time to live there for good, but once again the peace and q
Lorie
Oct 18, 2010 Lorie rated it it was amazing
Simple Deceit by Nancy Mehl is the second book in her Harmony series. I was given an advance copy of this book to review through NetGalley and Barbour publishers. Grace Temple is returning to Harmony, a small Mennonite Commuinty after finishing her job and moving out of her apartment to live in the house her late Uncle Benjamin left her. She also going back to work on a freelance project her boss has given her. She is working for a group who is trying to build a retirement center close to ...more
Brenda
May 30, 2011 Brenda rated it really liked it
Simple Deceit is the second book in Nancy Mehl's Harmony Series, and in this story Gracie Temple has decided to make Harmony, Kansas her permanent home, but staying hinges on the fact that she will be able to do freelance work and her first job is for a land developer who wants to build a retirement community outside Harmony. As she wraps up her job in Wichita and heads home to Harmony, things start to go awry as soon as she gets back into town. The local sheriff pulls her over, and then she ...more
Aug 26, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: SIMPLE DECEIT
Author: Nancy Mehl
Publisher: Barbour Books
December 2010
ISBN: 978-1-60260-781-1
Genre: Inspirational/Mennonite/Romantic suspense

Gracie Temple has grown to love the Mennonite community in Harmony, Kansas, but she didn’t think she’d ever leave Wichita until she met and fell in love with Sam Goodrich. Now she’s moving to her late uncle’s house to do freelance graphic design work.

Her arrival in town is anything but smooth. A police officer pulls her over for seemingly no reason. A
April
May 12, 2011 April rated it really liked it
SIMPLE DECEIT: A Mennonite Community's Way of Life Is Threatened by Outsiders by Nancy Nehl is a wonderful inspirational Mennenoite romance/suspense set inHarmony, Kansas in present day. This is a sequel to "Simple Secrets",a Harmony series,but can be read as a stand alone.It is a wonderful story with an abandoned baby,murder,faith,some humor,danger,secrets,deceit,romance,love,the Mennonite faith,the Mennonite way of life,community,and change.When Gracie goes back to Harmony she finds that not ...more
Paula-O
Nov 17, 2012 Paula-O rated it really liked it
The Harmony Series by Nancy Mehl book #2 "Simple Deceit"

this continues the story of Gracie Temple and her move to Harmony, Kansas...

Grace lived in a big city and worked as graphic designer but when she went to Harmony after her uncle dies, she meets a different type of folks and falls in love with them and also Sam, a quite strong gentle man who is so kind and generous. She had forgot there were men like this and likes the feeling.

Grace moves back to Harmony and plans to work part-time with her
Abbie
The 2nd book in the series starts with Gracie heading back to Harmony for good after settling everything in Wichita. The night she arrives she sees a lady leave a baby on the steps of the church. This begins another adventure for Gracie. She also finds herself in the middle of a possible retirement home development plan which some in the town are not to sure about. Sam and her hit a rough spot in their relationship which leads to a new possible suitor for Gracie. Will Gracie and the people she ...more
Maureen Timerman
Mar 12, 2011 Maureen Timerman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-read
This book has a bit of everything! Romance, danger, abandoned baby, humor, murder, blizzards, and faith!! I enjoyed this book, being set in a quiet Mennonite Community in Kansas. I haven't read the first book in this series, but even though there were reference to the first book, I was able to read along. Throughout the book there seems to be on going fear to turn their problems over to God.
Once you start reading this book, it is hard to put down. You are drawn to the quiet KS town of Harmony..
Lauren
Feb 17, 2011 Lauren rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys Christian fiction, Christian mysteries
Shelves: netgalley
I received an advanced reader copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and NetGalley. (Thank you!)

This is the second book in the Harmony series by Nancy Mehl. I did not, unfortunately, read the first book, Simple Secrets, but after reading this one I plan on going back and reading it. I do think this one will stand alone just fine, but a back story would make it more enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Grace returns to the small town of Harmony after living in the city to immediately
Cleffairy
Apr 05, 2011 Cleffairy rated it liked it
Published at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 10th Feb 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=121

Simple Deceit by Nancy Mehl is the second book in The Harmony Series. I’m not quite sure what to make of this story. It’s a cross between romance and mystery, and the plot was rather overwhelming for me. I think I should read the first book first before reading this one, because I feel slightly out of place as I flip through the first few pages of this book.

Anyway, the storyline is somehow someth
Tammy
Jun 28, 2011 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Well seeing on how I totally missed the first book in this series I loved this book. Gracie is such a loveable character and there is a bit of mystery in the small town of Harmony, Kansas. The people of this town are so close knit and most of them look out for each other and I love the fact that meal times are such a big thing. This book kept me wanting to read more and more and not wanting to quit. I was totally surprised by the ending with the Sheriff. I highly recommend this book.

You can see
Jodi
Jan 17, 2011 Jodi rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
The second book in the Harmony series and much more suspenseful than the first!

Gracie returns to Harmony for good in this book and before she even returns to town she finds troubled when she's pulled over. Once in town she discovers a baby abandoned on the church steps and is hurt trying to chase the mother. Immediately there is mystery as to who the mother is. There is also a mysterious person outside gracies house at night, a huuge storm, and conflict over a new retirement community proposal.
Pegg
May 19, 2011 Pegg rated it really liked it
Nancy Mehl did a wonderful job of pulling the reader back into Harmony in this sequel to "Simple Secrets". With numerous plot twists and turns, she keeps the story moving and the reader guessing. In this sequel, Gracie cuts her ties to the city and moves back to Harmony, only to find an abandoned baby on the church steps, some skulking around her back yard, another dead body, and an arsonist. All of these events unveil more of Sam's background and how that might impact their future together. ...more
Debbe Jantz
Aug 25, 2014 Debbe Jantz rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but not as much as the first one. The author always seems to have a couple of twists in her books that are not resolved until the last few pages. I suspected one but the other was a complete surprise. I never saw it coming. I felt the middle of the book dragged a bit but the end was worth it. It's fun to read books set in Kansas because I live there. Most people don't realize what a great state it happens to be.
April Suter
Jan 10, 2011 April Suter rated it liked it
The mysteries continue in theis 2nd part of the Harmony Series. Grace seems to have trouble following her. Wants me to read the next book in the series as soon as it is out! I enjoy reading about how Grace puts pieces of the puzzle together by picking up little tibits from what different people say. It is neat to read about characters and their relationship with God, especially from various ages and different places in their walk with God.

318 pages
Cricket
Mar 31, 2016 Cricket rated it it was amazing
Simple Deceit is book 2 of the Harmony Trilogy. Another good book of Mennonite families and a mild mystery filled with deceit. I want to keep reading to find out whose baby was left at the church and who was trying to implicate Gracie. You also wanted to know who killed the guy in snow bank. A great book filled with questions for you to think about in your own life. I would recommend this for people who like this genre.
Janet
Jan 07, 2011 Janet rated it really liked it
This was the second book in Nancy's series. I thought she did a very good job of story telling and keeping us guessing as to who would want to harm the town.
She also left it open ended enough for the third installment that will be coming later this year.
Becky
Aug 21, 2014 Becky rated it liked it
I liked this book, and I wanted to keep reading to the end. The writing could use a little work, but overall, it's worth reading. Great spiritual messages!
Tayler
May 04, 2014 Tayler rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4
Was very good, I enjoyed it and dang I did not expect the thing in the ending to happen, in the middle of the third book, going well also!
Lynda
Feb 26, 2016 Lynda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The normal rating would have been 4 stars except for some typos that definitely should have been caught.
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Karol Emmett
Karol Emmett rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Desiree
Desiree rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Annissa
Jan 13, 2014 Annissa rated it really liked it
Read my comments with book #1
Cristi Payton
Cristi Payton rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • A Stranger's Gift (Women of Pinecraft, #1)
  • Hiding in Plain Sight (Place of Refuge #1)
  • An Uncommon Grace
  • Where Love Grows (Fields Of Home #3)
  • A Rose Revealed (Amish Farm Trilogy, #3)
  • Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)
  • Vanish in Plain Sight (The Brotherhood of the Raven #2)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
  • Cherry Blossom Capers
  • What the Heart Sees: A Collection of Amish Romances
  • A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas
  • Something Blue (Plains City Bridesmaids #3)
  • Sarah's Choice (Brides of Lehigh Canal, #3)
  • Never Far from Home (Miller Family, #2)
  • When Love Returns (The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy #3)
  • Beyond Hope's Valley (The Big Sky Series, #3)
  • The Heart's Frontier (The Amish of Apple Grove, #1)
  • Grace (Sisters of the Heart, #4)
Nancy Mehl lives in Wichita, Kansas with her husband, Norman, and her very active puggle, Watson. First published in 2001, she has now authored nine books, including an omnibus mystery collection, Cozy in Kansas, which contains three of her previously published Ivy Towers mysteries. Book three in the series, For Whom the Wedding Bell Tolls, won the American Christian Fiction Writers Mystery Book ...more
More about Nancy Mehl...

Harmony (3 books)
  • Simple Secrets (Harmony, #1)
  • Simple Choices (Harmony, #3)