Start by marking “Flashbacks: Twenty-Five Years of Doonesbury” as Want to Read:
Flashbacks: Twenty-Five Years of Doonesbury

Flashbacks: Twenty-Five Years of Doonesbury

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Since emerging from it's cozy campus origins in 1970 and making its national debut in 29 newspapers, "Doonesbury" has evolved to encompass a vast, interrelated cast of characters, and now appears in more than 1,400 newspapers worldwide. This unique quarter - century anniversary anthology offers the essence of the strip - over 800 daily and Sunday strips that form the core ...more
Published October 1st 1995 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Flashbacks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flashbacks

Mti Librarian
I'm a really big Doonesbury fan. There's just something facinating about that blend of humor, politics, history, sarcasm, and disfunctional people that I never get tired of. This volume covers the first 25 years of Doonesbury. It skips around and over some of my favorite story arcs, and if you've read any of the other large size Doonesbury collections you've already seen most of these cartoons. My favorite thing about this book is the triva and quotes included in the sidelines. George Bush and l ...more
Vanni Santoni
(Il voto è da considerarsi assegnato all'intera serie)

Doonesbuty è la mia striscia preferita (anche se ultimamente è un poco calata in qualità) e credo la migliore striscia moderna insieme a Calvin&Hobbes. Ottimo fumetto, ottimo giornalismo e una meravigliosa capacità di far ridere in centinaia di modi diversi.
Questo volume costituisce la raccolta ideale per chi non conosce l'opera di Trudeau in quanto ne ripercorre venticinque anni (correndo parallelamente alla storia recente degli USA) tra

David Ward
Flashbacks: Twenty-Five Years of Doonesbury by G.B. Trudeau (Andrews and McMeel Publishers 1995)(741.5973). Hilarity continues to ensue with this retrospective on the history of the comic strip from its inception to the publication date. My rating: 7.5, finished 7/14/14.
Oriana
Jan 13, 2009 Oriana marked it as to-read
It's really cool reading his old stuff piecemeal, in those little tiny four-panel-per-page disintegrating books from the late seventies, but I'm starting to feel the need for serious complete-ism, so maybe I will get this one (among, obvs, a bunch of others) to fill in all the gaps.
Jessica J
This had exerpts from Trudeau's Doonesbury cartoon. I think that I would have more fully appreciated it if I had followed the cartoon growing up. I appreciated the political ideas in the cartoons but was confused by my lack of knowledge of political issues of the 1980's.
Mike Horne
Though a conservative, I have a special place in my heart for Doonesbury. Someone lent me seven books. I don't think I have followed it in the last 15 years. This brought me up to 1995.
angrykitty
i used to think that this was a good comic, but now i realize that it's really kinda just for people that want to seem smart while reading a comic.
Rebecca
I like Doonesbury. But this anthology was badly done... hard to follow if you don't already know the characters.
Kris
great look at Doonesbury's beginnings, but it should be more complete!
Bc
Bc marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Marie
Marie added it
Apr 12, 2015
Mie
Mie marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Garretson Beekman "Garry" Trudeau is an American cartoonist, best known for the Doonesbury comic strip. In 1970, Trudeau's creation of Doonesbury was syndicated by the newly formed Universal Press Syndicate. Today Doonesbury is syndicated to almost 1,400 newspapers worldwide and is accessible online in association with Slate Magazine at doonesbury.com. In 1975, he became the first comic strip arti ...more
More about G.B. Trudeau...
Doonesbury's Greatest Hits The Doonesbury Chronicles Doonesbury Dossier: The Reagan Years 40: A Doonesbury Retrospective The People's Doonesbury: Notes from Underfoot, 1978-1980