Start by marking “Flashbacks: Twenty-Five Years of Doonesbury” as Want to Read:
Flashbacks: Twenty-Five Years of Doonesbury

Flashbacks: Twenty-Five Years of Doonesbury

Since emerging from it's cozy campus origins in 1970 and making its national debut in 29 newspapers, "Doonesbury" has evolved to encompass a vast, interrelated cast of characters, and now appears in more than 1,400 newspapers worldwide. This unique quarter - century anniversary anthology offers the essence of the strip - over 800 daily and Sunday strips that form the core ...more
Published October 1st 1995 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Flashbacks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flashbacks

Mti Librarian
I'm a really big Doonesbury fan. There's just something facinating about that blend of humor, politics, history, sarcasm, and disfunctional people that I never get tired of. This volume covers the first 25 years of Doonesbury. It skips around and over some of my favorite story arcs, and if you've read any of the other large size Doonesbury collections you've already seen most of these cartoons. My favorite thing about this book is the triva and quotes included in the sidelines. George Bush and l ...more
Vanni Santoni
Jan 22, 2011 Vanni Santoni rated it really liked it
(Il voto è da considerarsi assegnato all'intera serie)

Doonesbuty è la mia striscia preferita (anche se ultimamente è un poco calata in qualità) e credo la migliore striscia moderna insieme a Calvin&Hobbes. Ottimo fumetto, ottimo giornalismo e una meravigliosa capacità di far ridere in centinaia di modi diversi.
Questo volume costituisce la raccolta ideale per chi non conosce l'opera di Trudeau in quanto ne ripercorre venticinque anni (correndo parallelamente alla storia recente degli USA) tra

Karen-Leigh
Sep 27, 2016 Karen-Leigh rated it liked it
Shelves: cartoons-comics
My last Doonesbury book finished one day after Clinton/Trump debate #1. I confess politics by Doonesbury is eye opening but not as frightening as the reality of how close Trump is to ....
The last bit of blurb on back of book is: Trudeau's fundamental message - we can do better - remains unchanged. Obama's election confirms his message but if Trump gets in it begs the question.
David Ward
Jul 29, 2016 David Ward rated it liked it
Flashbacks: Twenty-Five Years of Doonesbury by G.B. Trudeau (Andrews and McMeel Publishers 1995)(741.5973). Hilarity continues to ensue with this retrospective on the history of the comic strip from its inception to the publication date. My rating: 7/10, finished 7/14/14.
Oriana
Jan 13, 2009 Oriana marked it as to-read
It's really cool reading his old stuff piecemeal, in those little tiny four-panel-per-page disintegrating books from the late seventies, but I'm starting to feel the need for serious complete-ism, so maybe I will get this one (among, obvs, a bunch of others) to fill in all the gaps.
Jessica J
Jul 14, 2008 Jessica J rated it it was ok
Shelves: comedy
This had exerpts from Trudeau's Doonesbury cartoon. I think that I would have more fully appreciated it if I had followed the cartoon growing up. I appreciated the political ideas in the cartoons but was confused by my lack of knowledge of political issues of the 1980's.
Mike Horne
Dec 06, 2009 Mike Horne rated it liked it
Though a conservative, I have a special place in my heart for Doonesbury. Someone lent me seven books. I don't think I have followed it in the last 15 years. This brought me up to 1995.
angrykitty
Apr 04, 2008 angrykitty rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
i used to think that this was a good comic, but now i realize that it's really kinda just for people that want to seem smart while reading a comic.
Rebecca
Aug 27, 2011 Rebecca rated it did not like it
I like Doonesbury. But this anthology was badly done... hard to follow if you don't already know the characters.
Kris
Jan 08, 2008 Kris rated it really liked it
great look at Doonesbury's beginnings, but it should be more complete!
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Federico Gattini
Federico Gattini rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
David Longsmith
David Longsmith marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Alan Mapstone
Alan Mapstone rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Bernard Von Schulmann
Bernard Von Schulmann rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
M
M rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Jim Myers
Jim Myers rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Jose Bueno
Jose Bueno rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Silla Mein
Silla Mein rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Rich Gatlin
Rich Gatlin rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2015
Bc
Bc marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Garretson Beekman "Garry" Trudeau is an American cartoonist, best known for the Doonesbury comic strip. In 1970, Trudeau's creation of Doonesbury was syndicated by the newly formed Universal Press Syndicate. Today Doonesbury is syndicated to almost 1,400 newspapers worldwide and is accessible online in association with Slate Magazine at doonesbury.com. In 1975, he became the first comic strip arti ...more
More about G.B. Trudeau...