Start by marking “So Help Me God” as Want to Read:
So Help Me God

So Help Me God

Miraculously awakening from a twelve-year coma, television evangelist Thomas Jeremiah Luther eagerly resumes his world-wide ministry while secretly plotting to seize control of conservative Christian political power in America.

When a teenage member of Luther’s congregation almost dies from an abortion, he convinces her family to file a multi-million dollar medical malprac

Published January 13th 2004 by Booksurge Llc

To ask other readers questions about So Help Me God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So Help Me God

Jud Hanson
Feb 02, 2014 Jud Hanson rated it really liked it
"So Help Me God" is one of the best legal thrillers I have read in a long time. It has all the elements of a good legal thriller: a hot-button topic, clever lawyers and a colorful peripheral character to stir the pot. If you are a political junkie like me, this book is a must-read.
Anne
Jun 01, 2012 Anne rated it really liked it
Thompson is (or was when I read this) a practicing attorney in Texas. Entertaining legal fiction that tortloving lawyers will enjoy. I liked it so much I called Mr. Thompson-he was very gracious.
Anne
Dec 05, 2011 Anne rated it liked it
This should be a movie! It took forever to get to the trial, but the end was totally worth it!
Larry Thompson
Jul 16, 2012 Larry Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am the author of So Help Me God - it is soon to be released once again this time as a Kindle book and an Audio book.
LILLIAN C. KNOCKE
Mar 23, 2014 LILLIAN C. KNOCKE rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True crime

My favorite stories a good courtroom drama. never can tell the outcome till the end. It's a very .good read
Mickey Hoffman
Jan 01, 2013 Mickey Hoffman rated it it was ok
This is not the first book by this author. I expected to like it, but pretty early on I got an inkling I wouldn't. The plot started out promising with some interesting characters: a televangelist, a couple very experienced attorneys and a high school girl without much brain power. But my interest lessened quickly. The book is heavy on the philosophical/religious aspects of the abortion debate and I'm not interested in either. The dialogue is very stilted and unconvincing. The ending could have u ...more
Reader
Aug 08, 2013 Reader rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
This book, being about a topic that is very important to me, definitely held my interest. However, I was disappointed with the ending. It also had a little foul language, which I did not know was going to be in there. As a sincere conservative, I also didn't like the way the preacher was portrayed in this book, but that's just my personal view. I would have liked to see this conservative character portrayed as a sincere conservative rather than the hypocrite this character was. I would have give ...more
Ken Hobday
Mar 26, 2013 Ken Hobday rated it really liked it
My wife and I both thought this legal thriller was an excellent read. The lawyers on both sides of the issue were quite likeable characters and the author did a good job articulating both sides of the abortion debate.

My only real critiques are: (1) the televangelist character strethes believabilitiy and (2) the surprise ending has somewhat of a deus ex machina feel.

I'll definitely be reading Thompson's other novels in the coming months.
Rhonda
Jul 24, 2014 Rhonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
*Let me preface by saying I don't read a lot of courtroom legal drama style books but if they are all as good as this one, I might start.*
7 day read

I was on the edge of my seat most of the way throughout the book. I really liked how Thompson described the opposing lawyers, they each had a side to win but outside of the courtroom- they conversed civilly. Both lawyers deeply respected the other and it showed throughout the story.

I will be looking for more of Mr Thompson's books.
Claudette Smith
Jan 24, 2015 Claudette Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT reading

If you are looking for a book with twists and turns,then this is the book for you.
I hated to put this book down, and when I got to the shocking, jaw-dropping ending, I wanted more.
Mr. Thompson is now becoming 1 of my favorite new authors. The book is well worth the read.
Shelby Latney
Mar 25, 2016 Shelby Latney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read if you love legal thrillers!

Mr. Thompson had me on the edge from beginning to end! I enjoyed the descriptive narrative and storyline throughout the entire book, especially in the courtroom! One of the reviews said, "Move over John Grisham!" I am still a huge fan but I'll be making room for Mr. Thompson's books on my electronic bookshelf!
Shirley Alvarez
Jan 28, 2015 Shirley Alvarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO HELP ME GOD

One question. Why am I a person who regularly reads romance and mystery so caught up in Mr. Thompson books? One answer. They are great! Again I got this on KU but now I gotta buy because I will re-read. I urge you to read these books. They have kept me spellbound. You will be too.
Trina
Dec 05, 2014 Trina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I was surprised that this was so good, being a random choice. Well written and realistic portrayal of the real nature of "religious" cults. Loved the perspectives, and this book
Colt
Aug 06, 2011 Colt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compared to a John Grisham novel this is an easy read, but one that still keeps you involved and offers some good questions about the issue of Abortion, although it seems clear which side of the debate that the author might side with. Good ending makes it a good read.
Sheila
Jan 09, 2013 Sheila rated it really liked it
I liked this one because I learned a lot about the abortion issue that I was unawear of. It did not change my stance, but it did make me better understand the other side. A book that teaches you something in worth reading.
Michael espinoza
Great read

It usually takes me about a week to finish a book because of family life but I finished this book in one day! I could not put it down. Every page was more exciting than the next. The courtroom drama was so intense. Highly recommended!
Julie Montgomery
Dec 19, 2012 Julie Montgomery rated it really liked it
I have read all of the books by this author. The punch line on this was the best, but the journey was a little tedious. I forged through the middle and was glad.
MaryEllen
Aug 19, 2011 MaryEllen rated it it was amazing
veyr good read. i couldn't put it down. Definitely recomend to anyone.
Terri Stone
Terri Stone rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Janice Reilly
Janice Reilly rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Paige Grunberg
Paige Grunberg rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Stacy L. Holland
Stacy L. Holland rated it did not like it
Jan 19, 2015
Andrea Lewis
Andrea Lewis rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2011
RUSSELL IUNGERICH
RUSSELL IUNGERICH rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Martin
Martin rated it it was ok
Dec 12, 2016
Aishwarya Ramadas
Aishwarya Ramadas rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Linda Romo
Linda Romo rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Mj
Mj rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Kathy Iglar
Kathy Iglar rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
akira
akira rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Geek
  • Wizard Bound
  • Go Tell It!
  • Amber Dragon (The Dragon Chronicles, #2)
  • Golf Mind Play;outsmarting Your Brain to Play Your Best Golf
  • Gallery Pieces: An Art Mystery
  • The Starchild Compact
  • Kazungul: Blood Ties - Awakening of the Ancestral Curse
  • Awakened by You
  • The Rise of Nazil: Secret of the Seven (The Rise of Nazil #1)
  • Topaz and the Green Fairies
  • A Pigeon's Tale
  • Boundaries
Larry D. Thompson is a managing partner of the Houston trial firm he founded. He is the proud father of three grown children and admiring brother of the late author Tommy Thompson. He lives in Houston, Texas"
More about Larry D. Thompson...