Start by marking “Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days” as Want to Read:
Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days

Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days, Fourth Edition" provides a straight-forward tutorial approach to programming in C++. It assumes no prior knowledge of programming and offers both solid instruction and the authors insights into best programming and learning practices. The book also provides a foundation for understanding object-oriented programming.
Published March 15th 2001 by Sams (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days

Alvaro Tejada
When I started learning C++, this book was my guide...I have read it at least 5 times, and never get bored of it...Wish more Programming writers could write half as good as Jesse Liberty.
Dgg32
I have read this book twice. Once in Chinese and once in English. It is the very foundation of my C++. I feel it is better suited as a entry book than C++ Primer.
Kelsey Breseman
I'm actually really enjoying the tone with which theory is introduced– e.g. the very simple explanation of interpreted vs. compiled languages, the point of event-driven paradigms, etc.

I wasn't planning to actually learn C++, but this book is applicable across the board for my programming exploits.

The exercises are good, the writing clear throughout, and many important concepts are introduced. The author is pretty clearly biased toward C++ above other languages, but he knows it and makes it clear
P. Aaron Potter
This is an outrageously accessible approach to what can seem an intimidating language.

Interpreted languages have the same basic structure as narrative, so they are relatively straightforward to comprehend GOTO and similar loops notwithstanding. Object Oriented languages like C++, on the other hand, though they can do a fantastic job of modelling and simulation, are somewhat foreign at first ni their approach to the basic components of code. Functions attach explicitly to classes and instances, r
Ric Morte
I purchased several books on C++ in an attempt to get to grips with this language. I was driven in part by the need to program some microprocessors for a project. The internet provided many of the answers but I found myself turning again and again to Jesse Liberty's boook.

Learning C++ in 21 days is for me a completly hopeless notion. I don't need to learn the language in 21 days nor do I want to. Curiously I found myself reading whole chapters rather than using the book as a reference. I am the
Zach Klippenstein
I'll never forget, after having checked this book out of my local library for the better part of two summer vacations, reading through the linked list sample code and understanding what was going on!

In hindsight, this book probably does not teach the best practices, and I would not recommend it as an introductory read on C++. However, everything I learnt externally was either on forums, from articles, or in class, so I can't really recommend a substitute. That said, Google. Online communities a
Toni
This was the book I first used to learn C++ 15 or so years ago - my copy is literally falling apart due to the number of times I've read and reread it. Fantastic book - as mentioned, definitely more useful as an intro than a comprehensive C++ reference, but it covers all the major topics and does a great job explaining more OOP areas.
Eric Reinholt
Aug 13, 2008 Eric Reinholt rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to learn to code.
Very educational and easy to understand.
Hussain
Hussain marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Neil Mather
Neil Mather marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Steavy
Steavy is currently reading it
Nov 03, 2014
Rshwan Hai
Rshwan Hai marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Armen Martirosyan
Armen Martirosyan marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Satyajit Tudu
Satyajit Tudu marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Ecenhua Maiz
Ecenhua Maiz marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Eddnkj
Eddnkj marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Mark Trương
Mark Trương marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Phil
Phil marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
M
M marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Programming Perl
  • Java: How to Program
  • Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied
  • Software Engineering (International Computer Science Series)
  • Windows® Internals (PRO-Developer)
  • C++ For Dummies
  • The CSS Anthology
  • Communication Systems
  • The Humane Interface: New Directions for Designing Interactive Systems

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Programming C# Programming C# Programming ASP.Net Programming C# 3.0 Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 24 Hours (Sams Teach Yourself...in 24 Hours)