Start by marking “Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days” as Want to Read:
Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days
Preview

Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  9 reviews
"Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days, Fourth Edition" provides a straight-forward tutorial approach to programming in C++. It assumes no prior knowledge of programming and offers both solid instruction and the authors insights into best programming and learning practices. The book also provides a foundation for understanding object-oriented programming.
Published March 15th 2001 by Sams (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days

Alvaro Tejada Galindo
When I started learning C++, this book was my guide...I have read it at least 5 times, and never get bored of it...Wish more Programming writers could write half as good as Jesse Liberty.
Mykhailo Moroz
It is very good and concise book when you need to get basic C++ syntax. Really enjoyed it!
Dgg32
I have read this book twice. Once in Chinese and once in English. It is the very foundation of my C++. I feel it is better suited as a entry book than C++ Primer.
Kelsey Breseman
I'm actually really enjoying the tone with which theory is introduced– e.g. the very simple explanation of interpreted vs. compiled languages, the point of event-driven paradigms, etc.

I wasn't planning to actually learn C++, but this book is applicable across the board for my programming exploits.

The exercises are good, the writing clear throughout, and many important concepts are introduced. The author is pretty clearly biased toward C++ above other languages, but he knows it and makes it clear
P. Aaron Potter
This is an outrageously accessible approach to what can seem an intimidating language.

Interpreted languages have the same basic structure as narrative, so they are relatively straightforward to comprehend GOTO and similar loops notwithstanding. Object Oriented languages like C++, on the other hand, though they can do a fantastic job of modelling and simulation, are somewhat foreign at first ni their approach to the basic components of code. Functions attach explicitly to classes and instances, r
Ric Morte
I purchased several books on C++ in an attempt to get to grips with this language. I was driven in part by the need to program some microprocessors for a project. The internet provided many of the answers but I found myself turning again and again to Jesse Liberty's boook.

Learning C++ in 21 days is for me a completly hopeless notion. I don't need to learn the language in 21 days nor do I want to. Curiously I found myself reading whole chapters rather than using the book as a reference. I am the
Zach Klippenstein
I'll never forget, after having checked this book out of my local library for the better part of two summer vacations, reading through the linked list sample code and understanding what was going on!

In hindsight, this book probably does not teach the best practices, and I would not recommend it as an introductory read on C++. However, everything I learnt externally was either on forums, from articles, or in class, so I can't really recommend a substitute. That said, Google. Online communities a
Toni
This was the book I first used to learn C++ 15 or so years ago - my copy is literally falling apart due to the number of times I've read and reread it. Fantastic book - as mentioned, definitely more useful as an intro than a comprehensive C++ reference, but it covers all the major topics and does a great job explaining more OOP areas.
Eric Reinholt
Aug 13, 2008 Eric Reinholt rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to learn to code.
Very educational and easy to understand.
Nazmus Sakib
Nazmus Sakib marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Marek Macovsky
Marek Macovsky is currently reading it
Mar 21, 2015
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Lenin Perez
Lenin Perez marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Yves
Yves is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2015
Zsolt
Zsolt added it
Mar 04, 2015
Evgeniy Lapin
Evgeniy Lapin is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2015
K
K added it
Mar 03, 2015
Sagar Acharya
Sagar Acharya is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
  • Programming Perl
  • Java: How to Program
  • Windows® Internals (PRO-Developer)
  • Numerical Recipes in C: The Art of Scientific Computing, Second Edition
  • Software Engineering (International Computer Science Series)
  • Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied
  • OpenGL SuperBible: Comprehensive Tutorial and Reference
  • Designing Visual Interfaces: Communication Oriented Techniques
  • C++ Primer

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Programming C# Programming C# Programming ASP.Net Programming C# 3.0 Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 24 Hours (Sams Teach Yourself...in 24 Hours)