Start by marking “Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon

Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon

4.54  ·  Rating Details ·  21,446 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
This collectible Harry Potter pop-up book, based on the creative development of the films, features exquisite original artwork by Andrew Williamson, concept artist for all eight movies. With dynamic pop-ups animating memorable moments and locations — like the Triwizard Tournament, Diagon Alley, and Hogwarts Castle — Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book offers a 3-D glimpse into the ...more
Unknown Binding, 12 pages
Published November 16th 2010 by Insight Kids (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harry Potter

Mohammed Arabey
Oct 30, 2012 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing

دايما كتب الـ"بوب أب" زي كدة "مجسم" كان ممنوع في مكتبة الحضانة والأبتدائي لمسه..تابو، لازم يتقرأ بأشراف الميس
ولما كبرت ولأني مهووس هاري بوتر، أكيد مفوتش المناسبة دي واخيرا اشتريت كتاب منهم...وبصراحة الكتاب ساحر فعلا
Welcome Harry..

Welcome, to Diagon Ally

You'll go to Hogwarts..

And you can hang out at Hagrid's Hut.

And his huge "pets", and the creatures of the forest.

There's "a lot of fun" competitions :)

And a sad curse.. an old unlikely enemy...

ستدخل حارة دايجاون و ستري بهاء قلعة مدرسة هوجوارتس اك
Ahmad
Mar 01, 2016 Ahmad rated it it was amazing
Do I even need to explain why I gave this a 5 stars. Okay I'll tell you why it's Harry Potter that's why!
My bestie bought this pop up book for me when he went to a vacation to London, which I'm so grateful for. Thank you so much!
I loved everything about this pop up book!
Mostly I loved the pop up pictures there will all beautiful and it reminded me of the movie scenes in the movies, which is always magical to remember!
Now I have a more depth idea of how the movies were created and how they made t
Youngmi
Sep 10, 2012 Youngmi rated it it was amazing
gorgeous book. you won't find any new facts or trivia if you've already read harry potter: film wizardry or harry potter page to screen: the complete filmmaking journey but the pop-ups are beautifully done. i now understand what they mean by "paper engineer". the pop-ups are so intricate and the scene literally unfolds before your eyes. definitely a must-have for harry potter collectors.
Jenna
Mar 19, 2012 Jenna rated it it was amazing
A colleague had this book and brought it in for me to use during my current Harry Potter unit with my students. I was blown away! This is one of the best pop-up books I have ever experienced. My students loved it as well. The book is well crafted, with great snippets of information and tons to explore. It is a visually stunning book.
Emily Ark
Apr 02, 2012 Emily Ark rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2-childrens
This is the best pop-up book I've ever seen. Not because it's Harry Potter, but because the pop-ups have pictures on almost every visible part of them! You can look through doors and around corners and up streets, and then you can turn the book around and do the same thing on the back. It's really great.
Emily
Dec 08, 2010 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: harry-potter
This book is super cheesey, but I had to get it. The pop-ups are really cool, but there wasn't a ton to read or really any information that was new. The best part were the 3 posters it came with(an "Undesirable #1" poster, a Ministry of Magic poster, and one of Hogwarts and the grounds).
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Sabrina
Apr 29, 2014 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels-owned
I have no shame in calling this ia book and counting it towards my goodreads challenge!!! if youre a harry potter fan this is an awesome novelty to have
Zulekha Saqib
It's absolutely gorgeous and something any Potter-head would surely enjoy.. along with the pop-ups, there loads of little intricate flaps to open.. so happy I bought it❤!!
Jocelin Willshaw
Jan 23, 2017 Jocelin Willshaw rated it it was amazing
Any Harry Potter fan will Marvel at the intricately designed pop ups in this book and the attention to detail certainly doesn't fall short here. Filled with key locations from the films you get to explore the grounds of Hogwarts, Little Hangleton Graveyard and Diagonal Alley to name but a few.

Each page has a tidbit of information and the book comes with a few extra pieces of Harry Potter paraphernalia including Ron Weasley's infamous howler and an Undesirable No. 1 poster encased in a Ministry o
Pepper
Feb 25, 2017 Pepper rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Harry Potter fans and pop-up book fans.
Adorable and creatively informative, if a bit short. I really liked all the little flaps and pop ups!
leynes
Jul 06, 2016 leynes rated it it was ok
This was finally restocked on Amazon and I am so happy that I got my hands on this.
The pop up art is def not the best, I mean I own a pop up book by Robert Sabuda which is just some next level shit and in comparison this pop up book really isn't that good because a lot of the times the scenery is just flat out printed on the paper and remains 2D.
Nonetheless I love it because I'm Harry Protter trash. The little howler in the front. :D Seeing a miniature of Hogwarts castle and Hagrid's hut - oh
Jax Holt
Dec 22, 2013 Jax Holt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2013-reads
Great short book! This is great material if you are a Harry Potter fan! I read it quiet quick and learned a lot of new trivia which I never knew prior reading this book. The images and the great work that went into this was defiantly worth it.

It is also the ultimate source to brand new information that you probably didn't know prior reading this. This is a must read if you are a Harry Potter fan! :)
Avinash
Jan 20, 2017 Avinash rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
"Amazing" is the word for this. Total 5 pop up that include diagon alley, hogwarts, hagrid hut/Forbidden forest, Triwizard cup & Quidditch pitch and graveyard. First page is non pop-up dubledore's office but this has ministry of magic envelop which includes 3 poster, apart from this there is a howler nice pop card in this page. Overall detailing is very good and it looks very real. the size is quite big for good detailing. overall a must have product for all the potterheads
Melissa
Mar 20, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any Harry Potter fans
The pop-ups in this (Hogwarts Castle, Diagon Alley, the Forbidden Forest, etc.) are amazing! The text was brief, but full of interesting tidbits about how the scenes were created and filmed and what parts are "real" and what parts are computer-animated. Very cool!
Jodie
Jan 09, 2011 Jodie rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for all things Harry Potter, and for a good pop-up book. This one did not disappoint. The pop-ups are awesome! I loved the detail and the design. Well done Mr. Foster.
Lynndell
Jan 29, 2014 Lynndell rated it it was amazing
SO MUCH FUN!
Neo Lung
Nov 21, 2010 Neo Lung rated it did not like it
?
Emma
Aug 25, 2012 Emma rated it it was ok
Pop up books are cool but this wasn't my favorite. I didn't really have a plot and the pop ups were kind of lame.
Hector Parayuelos
Jun 14, 2013 Hector Parayuelos rated it it was ok
This was a REALLY poor attempt at making a pop up book. Most of it are just things printed on some paper that's popping up, instead of actually using paper in a way that was original or creative.
FanMom
Dec 22, 2013 FanMom rated it really liked it
There is more reading involved in this book than you would think. But it is fun and very interesting.
Samiha Azim
Dec 21, 2012 Samiha Azim rated it really liked it
I really really really loved this.
Only issue was that I felt like it was too short and could do with a few more pages.
Jenni
Nov 02, 2013 Jenni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome
So cool...want for Christmas!
Meherin
Sep 29, 2011 Meherin rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book from the clearance section of my local bookstore and I knew right away I had to have it. The details are so amazing it feels like I'm on a Harry Potter set!
Faeeza
Aug 27, 2012 Faeeza rated it it was amazing
Not going to lie, looking through this made me tear up. The artwork is absolutely gorgeous and you learn some fun facts.
Abrielle Bell
Abrielle Bell rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Kerry O'
Kerry O' rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2014
Maryam
Maryam rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Maria Mastromarhci
Maria Mastromarhci rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2013
Dave Janey
Dave Janey rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
  • MuggleNet.com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls in Love and How Will the Adventure Finally End?
  • Who Killed Albus Dumbledore?: What Really Happened in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Six Expert Harry Potter Detectives Examine the Evidenc
  • Harry Potter's Bookshelf: The Great Books behind the Hogwarts Adventures
  • An Unofficial Muggle's Guide to the Wizarding World: Exploring the Harry Potter Universe
  • The End of Harry Potter?
  • Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter: Analysis of Books 1-4
  • Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter
  • Harry Potter and History
  • Dear Mr. Potter: Letters of Love, Loss, and Magic
  • The Ultimate Harry Potter and Philosophy: Hogwarts for Muggles
  • The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works
  • Muggles and Magic: J. K. Rowling and the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • Mapping the World of Harry Potter: Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Explore the Bestselling Series of All Time
  • Mugglenet.com's Harry Potter Should Have Died: Controversial Views from the #1 Fan Site
  • Gospel According to Harry Potter: Spirituality in the Stories of the World's Most Famous Seeker
  • Repotting Harry Potter: A Professor's Book-by-Book Guide for the Serious Re-Reader
  • Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey