Start by marking “Midnight Caller” as Want to Read:
Midnight Caller

Midnight Caller

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Three deaths, one connection--the anonymous calls all three women reported in the weeks before they died. Detective Tony Marino wants to close this case before another woman disappears. Especially when he meets a fatherless little boy whose mother is being stalked. Single mom Erin O'Malley tells Tony about her anonymous caller's heavy breathing and unnerving silences. And ...more
Published March 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Caller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Caller

Deb Kastner
I automatically pick up a Diane Burke book just because of her name. She knows the suspense genre well and writes a compelling, exciting read. I couldn't put down this book! Well done.
Paige
Pages 1-150

This book is about these misterious calls that keep bugging Carol and Erin. They both have a kid who is either physically or mentally challeged. Erin meets this guy who is a detective his name is Tony. They meet at this easter egg hunt thing. They didnt notice but there was a guy taking pictures of Erin and Carol. Erin's little boy Jack is going to go see the bunny where the detictive is. He sees the bunny and this event is a make a wish kinda thing. and jack goes and sees the bunny a
Sandi Hart
I loved it. I guessed the end right from the begining though. I knew who was killing everyone. I knew from the moment they metion the kid with aultism why they were killing the women. I just couldn't believe they killed Carol. I loved Carol. Loved the meesage and the verse in the beginning.
David
A splendid read indeed! 5 stars all the way... Diane Burke definitely gets my vote for up & coming author about to break into the big time!

After reading Midnight Caller, I can sincerely say that it is a must read for anyone who enjoys authentically real characters complemented by an original storyline that is very creative and totally unpredictable.

What a great story! I am glad I took the time to read this one for sure.

Monica Willyard
Mar 24, 2010 Monica Willyard rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic suspense fans
Shelves: bookshare
This is a romance with plenty of suspense. I'm not usually a romance fan, but I liked this one. It has its awkward places, but the author is new to writing in this genre. I think she'll improve in time and would be happy to buy a second book.
Bookworm1
it was awesome. it was so romantic, but the murderer's motives were weird. he thought that single mothers were abusing their handicapped children just because his mother was single, he was a handicapped kid, and he was abused.
Joanna
This book is one of my favorites! It was romantic but appropriate and it was very suspenseful, but also inspirational! Everything I love in a book! It was absolutely amazing!! :D Loved it!
Nancy Anderson
Couldn't get into this one.
Reading Faerie
Reading Faerie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Jojomonticelli
Jojomonticelli marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Bonna Pinol
Bonna Pinol marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Wenona
Wenona marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Keisha
Keisha marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Vinnie
Vinnie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Candace Herbst
Candace Herbst marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 29, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Nancy Klinger
Nancy Klinger marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
  • Dead Air
  • My Deadly Valentine
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Cowboy Protector  (Protecting the Witnesses, #3)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Snow Melts in Spring
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Made of Honor
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper (Women of the West Series #1)
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
Double Identity Hidden in Plain View Bounty Hunter Guardian Silent Witness One Perfect Day: A Mother and Son's Story of Adoption and Reunion