Start by marking “Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell” as Want to Read:
Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell

Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  4,066 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
Television's sauciest and sexiest program is nothing less than a national phenomenon. Now, after four wildly successful and critically acclaimed seasons, the show's winning formula of sex, glamour, humor, and candor is available in a one-of-a-kind, elegant, and uniquely entertaining hardcover book.

Sex and The City: Kiss and Tell is the ultimate fan bible, offering a compre
Kindle Edition, Updated Edition, 184 pages
Published October 11th 2002

PurplyCookie
"Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell" the official companion book, celebrates the show with behind-the-scenes stories on all six seasons and original interview with each of the primary actors. Packed with over 750 full-color photographs, complete with an introduction by Sarah Jessica Parker, it will excite anyone who has experienced even the slightest flirtation with the sexiest, funniest show on television.

The book contains interviews with the main characters; the four actresses, their leading men
Becky
Aug 20, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars because it's my favorite show. If you didn't watch the show, you won't "get" this book.
Patty
Oct 12, 2007 Patty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every girl that lived in NYC for a couple of months
Shelves: advisoryreading
My love to Sex and the City started with the TV series, but only couple of weeks ago i realized that there is actually a book that i can read.
same as the movie, the book was amazing. Carrie and the girls are new yorkers in 100%. what is funny that my mom says that I am becoming one of the.
the only thing i didn't really like about the book is that the narration is a little bit different. as everybody knows Carrie is a narrator of the TV series, while in the book she is just a friend of the narra
Stephanie Smith
Dec 12, 2012 Stephanie Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an AWESSOME book for someone who loves this show. I have read it multiple times. It is so cool to look at each episode, all the boyfriends, outfits and places they filmed. I love it!!
Danielle
Jul 28, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The best collectors book of all 6 seasons :)
J. Pierre Gardner
Jun 16, 2011 J. Pierre Gardner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sex
It tells you alot, that you might have thought or said, and been wrong.
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Inside look at the cast and crew. Profiles of the SatC men. Must have for SatC fans.
Trish
Feb 02, 2012 Trish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, 2012
If you love Sex in the City then you'll like this book.
Gigill
Mar 27, 2011 Gigill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a must-have book for any fan of the show. Loved the pictures, trivia and insider interviews with both cast and crew. It made me fall in love with the show all over again. The downside? Barely any mention about the end of season 6 and Carrie's move to Paris etc.! How did that get missed?
Dawn
Jun 14, 2008 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, non-fiction
This is a great book for anyone who really enjoyed the show. I am always curious about behind-the-scenes, what made the writers & directors pick specific lines, elements, etc, wha they were trying to convey, and this book shed some light on that.
♡ Kristina
such a cute and well laid out book! now I just need to find one of the later editions and read up on the last 2 seasons :)
Kamile
Mar 27, 2016 Kamile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know I am biased because I've watched the show like 10 times but I've enjoyed every minute of the book. Recommended for true fans of Sex and the City.
Kristin
Nov 09, 2009 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must for any fan of the HBO series.
Kylie Martin
Aug 15, 2011 Kylie Martin rated it it was amazing
fab companion to the series
Jaime
Jun 24, 2009 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a section dedicated to Ron Livingston. Enough said...
Meghan Moloney
Jun 09, 2011 Meghan Moloney rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Great souvenir for any true fan of SATC!
Wesam Karam
love it
If you loved the TV series, this book is wowwwww
Brittany
Jun 25, 2008 Brittany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sex & The City (duh)
Recommended to Brittany by: Myself
How I Came To Read This Book: I bought it for Gill as a Christmas gift awhile back and 'borrowed' it while she was living abroad tra la la.

The Plot: This isn't a plot book, it's a reference book for fans of the very popular show, Sex & The City. Essentially on the surface it's an episode guide, packed with fun facts and synopses. Secondly it gives you a chance to learn more about the actors behind the roles - with interviews and profiles. Thirdly, it profiles the key elements that really mad
Redfox5
Feb 18, 2016 Redfox5 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, usa, tv-show
Are you a fan of the HBO show Sex and the City?

Then this is the book for you. This book allows you to relive the whole series again. The dresses, the drama, the sex, the men and most importantly, the friendship.
Filled with full colour photos, cast interviews and a small summary of every episode. It actually made it seem like the show wasn't very long but I remember feeling like it was on for ages and I remember things going slower. This makes me really want to watch the entire thing again, which
Dana Muwwakkil
Apr 05, 2016 Dana Muwwakkil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Have for Big fans of the show. Sex and the City is one of my fav shows of all time. I have every season on DVD and the collectors edition as well. DidI mention I love the show? This book is the perfect companion if you, like me, cant get enough of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte. Or the Fashion. Or the shoes. Or the gorgeous City. This book is your backstage pass to all things SATC. From the fashion choices, to filming locations, to the writers and episode guides one simply cannot ...more
Maria Casey
Okay, so this book is a guide on how SATC was created; the characters, locations, writing, the guys, producers, stylists... It details every episode. I don't know why I didn't enjoy this book, as I loved Sex & The City and Carrie Bradshaw/SJP. I did the SATC tour when I was in NY and it was my favourite thing that I did over there.

I guess there's just no need to know every bit of niggily background information about your favourite show.

It was a good book though, about a great show. It woul
Katya Vinogradova
May 12, 2013 Katya Vinogradova rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all the fans of SATC
This is a wonderful, colorful, comprehensive guide to "Sex and the City". It would've been even more wonderful if it were reissued to include THE ENTIRE sixth season, not just the first half of it.
... I'm really bad at writing these descriptions. Let's just say, whenever I get into another SATC marathon this book is a perfect companion.
Tasha Bibby
Jan 24, 2015 Tasha Bibby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good book. A lot of photos, interviews with cast members and production crew. Good tid bits of behind the scenes information. Some of the main character interviews are beautifully written and really give depth and understanding as to why the show is so well made where you struggle to find the right words yourself. Really enjoyed reading it.
Mandi
Aug 17, 2008 Mandi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you loved the TV series, this book is awesome. It has a page in the book for each episode over the six seasons, as well as background information on all the actors in the series. Also has funny notes and trivia that you would never know otherwise. Makes you want to sit down and watch each episode all over again.
Joy
Jun 16, 2008 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Sex and the City first aired, I was still in middle school and my family didn't have cable, let alone HBO.The only episodes I have watched have been reruns that are out of order. Nonetheless, I enjoy every second of this series. The book gives a unique behind the scenes look at a sexy and sassy show.
Carly
Jan 30, 2008 Carly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I admit that I am a Sex and the City addict, but this book offers a lot of information about the wardrobes for the show, something I am particularly interested in. I browse through it every now and again just for fun.
Marie Elena
May 17, 2008 Marie Elena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who liked the show/is excited for the movie
So much fun! My favorite part are the pictures of the girls' outfits from the show with the names of the designers for each piece. My only complaint: My favorite dress of Carrie's wasn't on there. This book gives a lot of other background information about the making of the show. I'm hooked again!
Priscila Di Bartolomeo
A friend gave me this book at our first trip to NYC, and I still love it! Good memories from the show and nice to remember favorite parts. I keep it around, so I can ready again every now and then! A must have
Tiffy Boom
Jan 26, 2015 Tiffy Boom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I stupidly got the edition that only goes up to Season 4 and so now I'd love to hunt down the one that covers all 6 seasons. But I felt this was a very in depth book about the show and I really liked learning about it.
Natascha
Jul 21, 2008 Natascha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tv
They said it contains all six seasons and all episodes, but in fact, the last episodes are missing in the book (at least in my edition) because the book came out before all episodes were aired in Germany.
  • Sex and the City 2: The Stories. The Fashion. The Adventure.
  • Friends 'til the End: The Official Celebration of All Ten Years
  • The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family
  • The Seinfeld Scripts: The First and Second Seasons
  • Harper's Bazaar Great Style: Best Ways to Update Your Look
  • The Imagineering Field Guide to Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Book
  • Sephora: The Ultimate Guide to Makeup, Skin, and Hair from the Beauty Authority
  • Without Mercy
  • A Short History of the Movies
  • The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics
  • Uncle John's Ultimate Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader #8)
  • The Nation's Favourite Love Poems
  • Diana's Story
  • Memoirs of a Professional Cad
  • Before I Say Goodbye: Recollections and Observations from One Woman's Final Year
  • Batman: The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight
  • If the Spirit Moves You
Amy Sohn is the author of the upcoming novel The Actress, which will be published by Simon & Schuster in July 2014. Her other novels are Motherland, Prospect Park West, My Old Man, and Run Catch Kiss. She has been a columnist at New York magazine, New York Press, the New York Post and Grazia (UK). She has also written for The New York Times, The Nation, and Harper's Bazaar. She has written pil ...more
More about Amy Sohn...