Start by marking “Meeow and the Blue Table” as Want to Read:
Meeow and the Blue Table

Meeow and the Blue Table (Meeow)

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  95 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Meeow, the irresistibly clever cat created by bestselling author-illustrator Sebastien Braun, is back and ready to play! Like every young child, Meeow loves to make things. So what will he do with a blue table, a red blanket, and lots of wooden blocks? Why, turn them into an amazing castle, of course! Meeow's friends Quack, Moo, Baa, and Woof are delighted--and young reade ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Boxer Books (first published September 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Meeow and the Blue Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeow and the Blue Table

Miss Sarah
Mar 02, 2016 Miss Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pretend
meow and his friends are playing dress up on a rainy day. What will they become? Cute and simple enough for many age groups.
gina
Jul 27, 2015 gina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: board-book
I thought it was very cute! Woods however was not impressed. Maybe when he's a tad bit older.
Antonis Moras
Jan 22, 2015 Antonis Moras rated it really liked it
Pointy hats and pink capes and a sheep that is named Baa (looked like a bunny to me). Clever Meeow
Erin
Jun 15, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute board book where animal friends play make believe.

Good for toddler storytimes.
Anne
Dec 31, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
Clever story celebrating imaginative play. Purrrrfect amount of text for toddlers.
Heather
Jun 30, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
Cute story about Meeow and his friends being creative.
Ruth Ann
Jan 30, 2015 Ruth Ann rated it really liked it
Good for craft and creative play ideas!
Jessica Howard
Jan 30, 2013 Jessica Howard rated it it was amazing
I wrote about this one back in October. We took a little Meeow break over the holidays, what with all the Christmas books, but Eleanor was so excited to find this one at the library again last week. We've read it about six times a day since then.
Jen
Aug 04, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
"Meeow, the irresistibly clever cat created by bestselling author-illustrator Sebastien Braun, is ready to play! Like every child, Meeow loves to make things. So what will he do with a blue table, a red blanket, and lots of wooden blocks? Why, turn them into an amazing castle, of course! Meeow's friends are delighted--and young readers will be enchanted, too. What will Meeow inspire THEM to do?"

-from Amazon
Mary
Meeow and friends get creative with a toy box full of treasures like foil, tape, and cardboard. A gentle imagination story that will remind young ones that a red blanket over a table can make a theater. Young listeners always get a kick out of all the characters being named after the sound they make. This would also be a good warm-up before a makerspace activity.
Lady Susan
May 10, 2012 Lady Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My 25 month old loves these books. I am not quite sure though what the appeal is. The books though are illustrated in bright colors, have simple sentences often emphasizing colors/relationships etc. We will continue to check out the other books.
Rachel
Jun 08, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 1 year olds
Recommended to Rachel by: Library
Shelves: kiddos
Violet loves Meeow. She says his name in a distinctly different way than her cat "meow" sounds. We just picked up a new Meow book today at the Oak Hill library. Hooray for library day!
Lara
Really cute illustrations, but the text didn't really catch my attention. I can see what might appeal to the little ones though...
Vicki
Dec 11, 2013 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tiny-tots, board
If you love Meeow books, this is the one for you. A sweet book demonstrating how friends to use their imagination to have fun.
Melissa
Nice, straightforward depiction of creative play. Bright & simple illustrations. Large, clear font.
Scottsdale Public Library

Just not a hit for us.
Peacegal
Themes: Cats, imagination
A.C. Bauch
A.C. Bauch rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Marissa Burkey
Marissa Burkey marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Trinity
Trinity rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Aiden
Aiden rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Marin Sophia
Marin Sophia rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Seneca
Seneca added it
Jan 17, 2016
Katy Bennett
Katy Bennett rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Annamarie Carlson
Annamarie Carlson rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2015
Sarah Pee
Sarah Pee rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
"I’m French and studied fine and applied arts at Strasbourg University.
I taught applied arts before becoming a freelance illustrator, first of all for editorial clients in Paris.
When I moved to London in 2000 I developed my illustrations for children and since then have been
working exclusively on children’s picture books.

If you’d like more information about my work, please drop me a line.
I’m a mem
More about Sebastien Braun...

Meeow (4 books)