Start by marking “The Evidence: A Novel” as Want to Read:
The Evidence: A Novel

The Evidence: A Novel

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The discovery of life on Mars coincides with adesperate terrorist attack on earth. Navy Commander John Wells musttake a giant step for mankind, his family, and his God.
Published March 8th 2006 by NavPress (first published March 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Evidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Evidence

Kate
May 30, 2007 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of political thrillers, science geeks, and all in between
Austin is one of my favorite authors to work with, and if I have been impressed by anything, it's his incredible imagination and work ethic.

This is a blend of biography and alarm. Written from his own experience as a Navy pilot, nuclear weapons officer, and spacecraft engineer, the plot will suck you in.

Is this sci-fi? No. Hit you over the head Christian stuff? No to that, either. But it will make you think and you'll probably lose sleep, too. If the prospect of life on Mars threatening a NASA
Erin
John Wells was called by God to make a difference in the world by becoming an astronaut. While he is serving on the space station in 2011 the U.S. comes under a terrorist attack, a famous speaker predicts a visit from aliens, and a 28-year-old NASA lander is suddenly broadcasting again from Mars. Who is behind the attack? Why is the Viking 1's signal back online? Very captivating make-you-think story. Have the sequel handy when you finish!
Beka
I thought this book was extremely well-written, believable, and entertaining. I don't usually read books like this, but I was really drawn in from the beginning. I think Austin Boyd did a great job of portraying his characters as real, believable, and didn't portray all Christians as perfect and all non-Christians as bad people. He portrayed Christ without being too pushy. I am excited to read the other books in the series!
Debi
The first book in the trilogy - took me a while to get into it, but once I did - whoa! The book took off - a mixture of sci-fi and suspense: humans first trip to Mars. Are we really alone in the universe or are there other beings out there?
Charlie
A novel about an overtly Christian astronaut and his personal struggles amid terrorism and possible alien contact. Poorly done science. Amateurish writing. But, I hear there's two sequels. No thanks.
Dock Hoilman
Very good book with a good mix of science fiction, reality and Bible. Very believable, not too weird. Plan on reading the series, though, as the first book doesn't really end.
Eric
A bit slow to get off the ground, but overall a good read. Interesting premise.
Phillip Lemons
Phillip Lemons marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Richard
Richard is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Meredith Pierce
Meredith Pierce marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Brent Meyers
Brent Meyers marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Codi
Codi marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Austin is an award-winning author who writes extensively about faith issues related to technology and business. He published award winning poetry and more than two dozen technical articles and papers during his career as a Navy pilot, NASA astronaut finalist, and spacecraft engineer. The author of six novels, he is a Christy Gold Medal finalist (The Proof, 2007) and the winner of the Mount Hermon ...more
More about Austin Boyd...
H2O the Novel Nobody's Child The Proof: A Novel The Return: A Novel The Evidence (Mars Hill Classified Series)