The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!)

The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy! #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Watch out, Junie, there's a new kid on the block! It's Freddy Thresher, a first grader who knows it's a jungle out there. A new chapter book series written by an elementary teacher who's seen it all!

Freddy Thresher has a problem: a really, really, big problem. He never has anything cool to bring for show-and-tell. This week, his best friend, Robbie, has brought the most am
Published August 1st 2004 by Blue Sky Press

Mary
Apr 01, 2013 Mary rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: libros
This rating is based off the Spanish translated version of this book, "El Rey de las Sorpresas." I'm not a native Spanish speaker/reader, however Spanish is one of my B languages.

For a book that is meant for 4-8 year olds, I actually discovered many Spanish words I didn't know. However, I found that these words were words that are not commonly used where I live in the midwest, where we mostly have central American native speakers. An example of one word I didn't recognize was "nevera," which me...more
PWRL
Jun 24, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
O
Ms.
Freddy always wanted to be the king of show and tell. But he normally had nothing to bring. So he would bring things from his shark collection. Until one day he found a bird that fell out of a nest and got a broken wing. So Freddy decided to keep it for show and tell. The one problem is that his parents don't like animals in the house so Freddy needs to keep it a secret.
Callie Stillion
Uh-oh! Freddy`s doing show and tell on Monday, nothing to bring in... at least he thinks he doesn`t. Then Robbie and him find a little bird with a broken wing. When he brings it in to show and tell, it peeps and peeps and peeps! Then the first grade bully, Max gets in trouble and Freddy speaks up. It`s wonderful that Max doesn`t get in trouble... for once.
Audrey
Dec 19, 2013 Audrey rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children
This book was about a little boy who wanted to bring something cool to show and tell. And he did. He was the King of Show and Tell in the end. My only concern was that it had a bit of disrespectful language in it. But I guess no more that what is normal these days. Just not exactly what I would like as a parent. But my son loved it.
This series is engaging for young minds, secretly teaching them things about real life, such as what baby birds eat, what do they drink, etc. Many resources available online to utilize for comprehension checks as well. Looking forward to reading all books in this series with my five year old or allowing him to read them on his own.
Katie
This is not amazing literature, but my 5 year old son enjoyed it. He learned some things from the book and I liked it better than Junie B. Jones or Magic Tree House. My 7 year old son is cruising through most of these Ready Freddy books on his own so I wanted to read one myself.
The Reading Countess
Youngest and I are zooming through this series. We like how there are plenty of pictures to keep (ahem) "us" hooked into the story. The characters are so believable that Abby Klein is either a former teacher or has a really good ear for what is currently being said in the classroom.
Duane
I really enjoy this series and this is another great one. Freddy is worried he won't have anything "cool" to show to next week's show-n-tell at school. Great fun with bonus hide-n-search illustrations included! Great for beginner readers.
Janine Parsons
I was not particularly fond of this book. I was disturbed by some of the word usage and ideas. The overall idea of writing a book about a boy worrying about what he will bring for show-and-tell and finding something cool is a good idea.
Lacey Butler
This book demonstrates the crazy things that students will bring to show-and-tell, but that every object they bring has a story behind it. Those objects have a personal meaning to the students.
Hannah
FREDDY'S CLASS IS HAVING SHOW AND TELL BUT HE NEVER HAS ANYTHING COOL, BUT ANOTHER KID IN HIS CLASS ALWAYS HAS AWESOME THINGS TO BRING IN. WILL HE FIND SOMETHING FASANATING?
Owen
Freddy is trying to find something iteresting for sharing.
Tanya
Apr 26, 2012 Tanya added it
These books are super cute. My 6 year old loves them.
Joy
suit with begining reader. Easy vocab and creative story
Shiyne
Shiyne marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Tobin
Tobin added it
Jul 30, 2014
Od
Od marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Maloy Kids
Maloy Kids marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Shynise Nunley
Shynise Nunley marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Abby Klein was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She earned her teaching credentials at Dartmouth College, where she majored in psychology and education. She then went on to earn her master's degree in reading and language development at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.

Currently she teaches in the same public elementary school she attended as a child in the Los Angeles area. She...more
More about Abby Klein...
Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1) Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!) Don't Sit On My Lunch! (Ready, Freddy!, #4) Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6) Halloween Fraidy-Cat (Ready, Freddy! #8)