Start by marking “The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)” as Want to Read:
The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)

The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy! #2)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  328 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Watch out, Junie, there's a new kid on the block! It's Freddy Thresher, a first grader who knows it's a jungle out there. A new chapter book series written by an elementary teacher who's seen it all!

Freddy Thresher has a problem: a really, really, big problem. He never has anything cool to bring for show-and-tell. This week, his best friend, Robbie, has brought the most am
Published August 1st 2004 by Blue Sky Press

To ask other readers questions about The King of Show-and-Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King of Show-and-Tell

Scott Seiler
Jan 31, 2015 Scott Seiler rated it really liked it
It's a good kids book! I read it to my son.
Mary
Apr 01, 2013 Mary rated it liked it
Shelves: libros
This rating is based off the Spanish translated version of this book, "El Rey de las Sorpresas." I'm not a native Spanish speaker/reader, however Spanish is one of my B languages.

For a book that is meant for 4-8 year olds, I actually discovered many Spanish words I didn't know. However, I found that these words were words that are not commonly used where I live in the midwest, where we mostly have central American native speakers. An example of one word I didn't recognize was "nevera," which me
Christy
Aug 03, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-reader, popular

Amanda Pfeifer
Oct 02, 2014 Amanda Pfeifer rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This was my sons first chapter book. He is 4.5 years old, and really enjoyed it.
Wendy
Oct 07, 2014 Wendy rated it liked it
Read this one with Ryan for his class at-home reading.
Trevor Goldman
Nov 18, 2014 Trevor Goldman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emily
O
Ms.
May 17, 2009 Ms. rated it it was ok
Shelves: josiah-s
Freddy always wanted to be the king of show and tell. But he normally had nothing to bring. So he would bring things from his shark collection. Until one day he found a bird that fell out of a nest and got a broken wing. So Freddy decided to keep it for show and tell. The one problem is that his parents don't like animals in the house so Freddy needs to keep it a secret.
Callie Stillion
Nov 22, 2013 Callie Stillion rated it really liked it
Shelves: all-others
Uh-oh! Freddy`s doing show and tell on Monday, nothing to bring in... at least he thinks he doesn`t. Then Robbie and him find a little bird with a broken wing. When he brings it in to show and tell, it peeps and peeps and peeps! Then the first grade bully, Max gets in trouble and Freddy speaks up. It`s wonderful that Max doesn`t get in trouble... for once. ...more
Audrey
Dec 19, 2013 Audrey rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children
This book was about a little boy who wanted to bring something cool to show and tell. And he did. He was the King of Show and Tell in the end. My only concern was that it had a bit of disrespectful language in it. But I guess no more that what is normal these days. Just not exactly what I would like as a parent. But my son loved it.
Sep 29, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This series is engaging for young minds, secretly teaching them things about real life, such as what baby birds eat, what do they drink, etc. Many resources available online to utilize for comprehension checks as well. Looking forward to reading all books in this series with my five year old or allowing him to read them on his own.
Katie
This is not amazing literature, but my 5 year old son enjoyed it. He learned some things from the book and I liked it better than Junie B. Jones or Magic Tree House. My 7 year old son is cruising through most of these Ready Freddy books on his own so I wanted to read one myself.
The Reading Countess
Youngest and I are zooming through this series. We like how there are plenty of pictures to keep (ahem) "us" hooked into the story. The characters are so believable that Abby Klein is either a former teacher or has a really good ear for what is currently being said in the classroom.
Duane
Nov 04, 2008 Duane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this series and this is another great one. Freddy is worried he won't have anything "cool" to show to next week's show-n-tell at school. Great fun with bonus hide-n-search illustrations included! Great for beginner readers.
Janine Parsons
Sep 19, 2007 Janine Parsons rated it did not like it
I was not particularly fond of this book. I was disturbed by some of the word usage and ideas. The overall idea of writing a book about a boy worrying about what he will bring for show-and-tell and finding something cool is a good idea.
Lacey Butler
Dec 04, 2013 Lacey Butler rated it really liked it
Shelves: rdg-4050-11
This book demonstrates the crazy things that students will bring to show-and-tell, but that every object they bring has a story behind it. Those objects have a personal meaning to the students.
Hannah
Aug 03, 2008 Hannah rated it really liked it
FREDDY'S CLASS IS HAVING SHOW AND TELL BUT HE NEVER HAS ANYTHING COOL, BUT ANOTHER KID IN HIS CLASS ALWAYS HAS AWESOME THINGS TO BRING IN. WILL HE FIND SOMETHING FASANATING?
Owen
Mar 01, 2010 Owen rated it really liked it
Freddy is trying to find something iteresting for sharing.
Tanya
Apr 26, 2012 Tanya added it
These books are super cute. My 6 year old loves them.
Joy
Feb 08, 2011 Joy rated it really liked it
suit with begining reader. Easy vocab and creative story
Kristi
Kristi added it
Jul 26, 2016
Sonia
Sonia rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
La'Nija Williams
La'Nija Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Sarah added it
Jul 20, 2016
Jennifer rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2016
Mateo Graif
Mateo Graif rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Reyna
Reyna marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
  • Catching The Velociraptor (Dinosaur Cove, #5)
  • April Adventure (Calendar Mysteries, #4)
  • Muttley (The Puppy Place, #20)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery Writer Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #27)
  • Horrible Harry and the Purple People
  • Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown, #1)
  • Never Swim in Applesauce (Roscoe Riley Rules, #4)
  • Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Strikeout
  • Nate the Great and the Pillowcase
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
Abby Klein was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She earned her teaching credentials at Dartmouth College, where she majored in psychology and education. She then went on to earn her master's degree in reading and language development at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.

Currently she teaches in the same public elementary school she attended as a child in the Los Angeles area. She
More about Abby Klein...

Ready, Freddy! (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
  • Don't Sit On My Lunch! (Ready, Freddy!, #4)
  • Talent Show Scardey-Pants (Ready, Freddy! #5)
  • Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)
  • Yikes Bikes! (Ready, Freddy!, #7)
  • Halloween Fraidy-Cat (Ready, Freddy! #8)
  • Shark Tooth Tale (Ready, Freddy!, #9)
  • Super-Secret Valentine (Ready, Freddy!, #10)
  • The Pumpkin Elf Mystery (Ready, Freddy!, #11)