Start by marking “Chained: Create Gorgeous Chain Mail Jewelry One Ring at a Time” as Want to Read:
Chained: Create Gorgeous Chain Mail Jewelry One Ring at a Time

Chained: Create Gorgeous Chain Mail Jewelry One Ring at a Time

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Unchain your creativity!

Whether you are new to chain mail or a seasoned weaver, "Chained" will introduce you to the art of combining metal jump rings into intricate designs, in a new way. No other book shows how to use so many weaves in so many ways, or gives this ancient art such a beautiful and modern twist. Techniques once used for armor now have a new life and can be u
Published December 13th 2010 by Northlight (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Chained, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chained

Christa
This book has got to be added to the library of every mailler or wannabe mailler out there! The pictures are outstanding - you can see each step. The detailed instructions make even the hardest of weaves understandable. For the beginning student, each section starts with an easy weave and then progresses to intermediate, advanced and expert. The beauty of this is that you are able to learn each weave (or review it) then go on to more difficult, intrecate variations. You'll feel like an expert in ...more
Kerry
I can't wait for this book! I've learned so much from the kits at Blue Buddha Boutique and I am now addicted to making chain mail jewelry!

My book arrived today!!! It's absolutely fantastic! The instructions are clear and concise and the pieces are absolutely beautiful. I've already planned out my Christmas gifts and I can't wait to get started.

This is absolutely THE chainmail book for everyone especially beginners.
Deanna Lack
I've been making chainmaille for 5 years now, and I know Rebecca as a customer of Blue Buddha Boutique, and have bought tutorials from BBB before. Her tutorials are thorough, easy to follow, with fantastic pictures. As such, I would have expected her book to be great.

I wasn't in the least disappointed. This book should be the bible for ANY person who makes chainmaille or wants to. She takes you from the ground floor - how to open and close jump rings properly - spending several pages on the subj
Karen
Outstanding step-by-step color photography, this resource made me feel like I took a workshop retreat! Learned historical tidbits, detailed metal facts (pros, cons, how to clean...), 4 different weave families (Japanese, Byzantine, Helm, Coiled), a great website with an extensive library (M.A.I.L)., and MATH! Who knew there was so much math in chain maille?! Something for every skill level - the charts make it worthwhile even for advanced weavers. Dozens of projects from beginner to expert with ...more
Amy
Seven Out of Five Stars

This is the book I used to learn how to make chain maille jewelry. I used this book so much it finally fell apart, so I bought the ebook version. Instructions are clear and simple, and the pictures really help a lot. I would recommend this book to newbies and pros alike!
Artha Lynn Horine
Fantastic ! 5 Big Stars

So easy to understand. Graphics are the best and charts in back of book are invaluable. This book is a must for anyone interested in Chainmaille.
Brenda
Very beautiful and impressive!
Abigail
really psyched to make some of these
Bethany N Wallace
Feb 21, 2014 Bethany N Wallace rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those readers who are interested in making chain-mail jewelry.
Love this book! So easy to use, with step by step pictures to help you learn. The author lists all the tools and techniques you need to use. Then she gives projects in four different categories: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, & Expert. "Chained" will really be a help to me as I learn to make Chain-mail jewelry.
Georgina
This is actually my second copy; the first one went to a good friend. Large photos and great color choices make the directions easy to follow. Each basic project has wonderful variants to challenge and delight the intermediate and advanced weaver. (And Blue Buddha Boutique, the author's store, offers quality pre-made rings online so you can start making chain-maille anywhere.)
Jane
This book actually assumes the reader is using pre-made jump rings instead of making them. Great projects with lots of alternatives. As a new chain mailler, it was just the book for me. It contains specific information for using ready made rings which other books lack.
Erika
Brilliant! There are projects for those new to Chain Maille, but also for those more advanced.

The instructions are clear and precise, accompanied by lovely photographs which makes the whole experience that much better.

Susan
Clear instructions. Very easy for a beginner to follow. My items came out just like the pictures!
Victoria Falzo
Victoria Falzo marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth is currently reading it
Jul 10, 2015
Dan J
Dan J marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Amy Milillo
Amy Milillo marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
T. L.
T. L. is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2015
Laurie Davis
Laurie Davis marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015