Keep Me in Your Heart: Three Novels

Keep Me in Your Heart: Three Novels

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  262 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Three of Lurlene McDaniel's bestselling novels in one volume. Readers will relate to the compassion and strength of the characters as they piece their lives back together after tragedy strikes.

Letting Go of Lisa
Nathan Malone has been home schooled his whole life. He hasn't spent much time with kids his own age, let alone dated. Now that his mother is busy with his new twi...more
Published December 28th 2010 by Ember

Chelsie
I would have to give it a 3.5 star point average. Don't get me wrong Lurlene McDaniel is one of my favorite author that always touches my heart with her sad, and strong and powerful touching stories.

The three novels in the book were very strong, and struck to the heart. But sometimes I feel like there wasn't enough in her stories..

The 2nd novel in this book... TELLING CHRISTINA GOODBYE..
It broke my heart with the accident that happened in the book, and it made me tear up in some parts in the b...more
Mikayla S
McDaniel, Lurlene, (1996). Saving Jessica. New York: A Random House Book. (198 pp).
“You’re in kidney failure, Jessica” Jessica is an 18 year old senior in high school, and now she has to be on dialysis (A kidney’s “job” is to filter waste products from the blood, and the dialysis machine is a substitute for your kidney.) for the rest of her life, unless she can get a kidney transplant. Lurlene McDaniel the author of Saving Jessica does an amazing job telling the terrifying truth about kidney fa...more
Carissa Bookworm
This book is a collection of 3 novels that revolve around two main topics; love/ romance and death/ deathbed. Not a very happy book. But still good.

I usually write my own summaries, but I'm super busy and way behind on reviews, so y'all get the back cover.

Saving Jessica Jessica McMillan and Jeremy Travino are a perfect couple. When they met in high school, Jessica's upbeat spirit helped Jeremy to see that there must be a reason he was spared in the car accident that killed his brother. But now...more
Dreamwalker
The book Keep Me in Your Heart by Lurlene McDaniel is a three novel book. All three novels have tragedy strikes to the characters. Keep me in your heart is in the genre Realistic Fiction and Romance. The theme to the book is love is a force for happiness and fulfillment, and that when in love, one must suffer. Mrs. McDaniel is married and have a brother that is three years younger than her and has several other bestselling novels such as Don’t Die, My Love and Till Death Do Us Part. Also Mrs. Mc...more
Klaudyna Z.
This book is made up of three novels, all having to do with loss.

The first one, I thought started out kind of cheesy but then I got into it and it turned to b really sweet.

The second one I rally didn't care for. I felt like it dragged on and even the end was lacking in interest.

The third was by far the best one. It was sweet and not over the top with just the right amount of emotion. If that one stood alone I would have given 4 stars, it was well worth the read.
Rachel
Feb 28, 2011 Rachel rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Big-time fans of Lurlene McDaniel
Recommended to Rachel by: Borders
The first story in this trio of novels was the worst story by McDaniel I have ever read. She unsuccessfully tried to make her audience feel sympathetic for a whiny, overly dramatic, know it-all boyfriend. And guess what? In the end, he gets what he wants, and his father is suddenly praising him for all he did, even though they fought throughout the whole novel.
The second story is why I gave this 2 stars instead of 1. It was still somewhat cheesy, but SO sad and dramatic that I really enjoyed i...more
Kayla Boone
I thought this book was very good. The first book was called Saving Jessica which is about a girl named Jessica who is going through kidney failure and is dating a boy named Jeremy who just faced his brother's death a few years ago and still hasn't got over him and now he is facing losing Jessica. Jessica's life is in danger and the only way she can survive without being on dialysis is getting a transplant. However, Jessica's parents health aren't well enough to transplant their kidney to Jessic...more
Rena
Overall, the stories were very sad but also about overcoming grief and tragedy. Plus, the characters are thrown into interesting situations that some people do go through, but the rest of us do not quite understand or have exposure to. It definately opened my eyes to some of the grief that is out there in the world.

The first story was pretty good with a lot of legal drama to even out the emotional drama. I personally thought it was really a neat story.

The second one was a little predictable. Wit...more
Whitney Grant
It was a great book. They were very heart breaking and made you feel sorry for a lot of the characters. The second book was the sadist but was my favorite one. And i cried to this story. The other 2 were good also. I like how she didnt just focus on one character in the story and she focused equally on all the characters equally and what they were all going through as individuals
Michala
This book was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. I actually didn't get tired of the annoying teen girlness in it too. I thought the story about Christina was the best. I really recommend this book.
Siobhan Morris
This book was also one that made me cry. Lurlene McDaniel does an amazing job in helping her readers to emotionally connect with the characters. And I could not put this book down!
Ashley Jackson

This book is very interesting. The author has away of writing. The stories were very touching. The author illustrates how young adults deal with tragic news.
Vianey
All three novels were great. Very touching love stories that were inspirational. I definitely cried in some parts and got very into the stories.
Bella
This book was so amazing! i still cant believe how amazing it was. i cried but it was really funny at times too!:)check this book out!
Jamie
Broke my heart about 85 times. I found that the stories ended too abruptly, with mediocre endings, especially the third story.
Claudia Burgoa
3 short heartbreaking stories, all well written, but they wrenched my heart. Not apt for sentimental criers like me.
Courtney
The books were very good, but I did not enjoy how long it took for actually get into the stories.
Luna maxwell
i loved every story but the last one ohh and have some tissues near by
Anapaola Correa Gomez
it was okay not the best detailed stories but it was okay.
Brittany
This book is really uplifting and amazing!
amyyy
Apr 23, 2011 amyyy added it
Three great books in one!
Sarina
first novel was my favorite
Sydney
done awhile ago
Fille Fleur
Fille Fleur marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Rebecca L.
Rebecca L. marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Who has read this book? Do you like the author Lurlene McDaniel? 3 7 Mar 10, 2014 03:29PM
  • Rich Girls (Confessions of a Teen Nanny, #2)
  • Hereafter (Shadowlands, #2)
  • Triple Shot Bettys in Love (Triple Shot Bettys, #2)
  • Starling (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #3)
  • A Funny Thing About Love: Dancing Queen; Prom Crashers; Drive Me Crazy
  • Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
  • The Twice Lost (Lost Voices, #3)
  • The Farther You Run (A Time for Dancing, #2)
  • Weeping Underwater Looks a Lot Like Laughter
  • Secret of the Unicorn (Avalon: Web of Magic #4)
  • It's Not Like I Planned It This Way (Alice, #16-18)
  • Just Another Girl
  • Fairest of Them All
  • Breaking Up is Hard to Do: Stories About Falling Out of Love by Four Incredible Authors
  • Lost Summer
  • Love In The Corner Pocket
  • Reality Chick
  • Under Cover
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...
Don't Die, My Love Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1) Angels Watching Over Me (Angels Trilogy, #1) I'll Be Seeing You Telling Christina Goodbye