Start by marking “60 Seconds and You're Hired!” as Want to Read:
60 Seconds and You're Hired!

60 Seconds and You're Hired!

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  21 reviews

Now fully revised and updated-the must-have guide to acing the interview and landing the dream job

For the past decade, 60 Seconds & You're Hired! has helped thousands of job seekers get the perfect job by excelling at the crucial job interview. Now, in this new edition, America's top career coach Robin Ryan offers proven strategies to help readers take charge of the i

Published January 29th 2008 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published December 31st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about 60 Seconds and You're Hired!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 60 Seconds and You're Hired!

Yousef
الكتاب يتحدث عن مقابلات العمل والتقنيات التي من الممكن أن تعزز فرصك في الحصول على الشاغر المتوفر،

يمكن اختصاره في فكرتين:
الفكرة الأولى هي "لا تتعدى 60 ثانية" -وهي عنوان الكتاب تقريبا- أي أن تجهز للتعريف عن نفسك في 60 بحيث تُظهر أهم المهارات والخبرات التي تربطك بالعمل الذي تسعى للحصول عليه خلال المقابلة، وأن لا تتعدى إجاباتك على أي من أسئلة المقابلة حاجز الـ60 ثانية. وفي كلا الحالتين فالتفسير أن الأشخاص الذين يقومون بمقابلة المرشحين للعمل غالبا ما يفقدون تركيزهم مع المتكلم بعد 60 ثانية، وإن كان هذ
Ron
"Believing in yourself is the starting point. Effectively communicating your abilities to others is the necessity."

When going through the long and arduous process of applying for jobs and participating in the interview process, it is necessary to have a seamless game-plan. The authur, Robin Ryan, shows how effective a prospective employee can convey/"sell" who they are to any employer in 60-seconds. I have learned to use Ryan's 5-Point agenda method to prepare for interviews. In choosing your 5
Kater Cheek
I got this book because it promised interview techinques, which it delivered... to a point.
I found a similar problem with this as with many other resume-writing and prepare-to-get-a-job type resources in that they seem to assume I've got a lot more work experience than I have. No, I've never been CEO of a multinational corporation nor have I increased their bottom line by 60%. It wasn't ridiculous though, because they at least offered different examples.

This isn't the sort of book you can easil
This book was recommended to me by someone in my field (academia), but it seemed like it would be much more useful for someone with a more "corporate" job.
Jakub Malinowski
It is not something Penguin would usually publish, it is actually a self-help book. Worth skimming.
Peter Owens
I hate these kinds of books, but it honestly helped me get a job. Do with that what you will.
josh
meh... it wasn't too bad. there were a lot of potential questions you might face in an interview presented and possible answers to base yours on given. Ryan was big on this 60 second sell where you try to summarize your 3-5 key skills and abilities to the interviewers and using it for a large percentage of questions.

some of the advice seemed good, but for an individual in the public administration field - i felt the focus on business examples were largely not applicable.
Natalia
A great book! It's short enough that you can use it to prepare for an interview in a day. Definitely recommended for people who don't have a lot of interview experience. The book includes potential questions and what you need to think of when answering those. Even if u don't necessarily encounter the exact same questions at the interview it is a great way to put your thoughts and skills in order to make u feel and be prepared to discuss your skills and assets.
Luigi
Comprehensive read equally relevant to the interview and the interviewee. The 60 seconds is analogous to the elevator pitch and a lot of the examples are relevant to several aspects of business. Worth reading whether you are looking for work, or looking for staff. I got bored at times but forced myself to finish the book and found useful information even in sections that I felt weren't relevant to me.
Monique
This seems like a common sense guide but it is amazing how many things I hadn't thought about when it comes to interviewing. Right now I am giving it three stars because I haven't had the opportunity to use what I've learned. So maybe an update is forthcoming if I have any job interviews in the near future.
Michelle
This book is full of tons of practice questions with suggested paths to take to answer the questions. It was all in all really helpful. I really liked the thought of a verbal business card. It made me think about 5 points in my career that I should focus attention on during an interview.
Sarah Camp
It was quite informative and a great study/prep book; but in all honesty, I stopped reading shortly before a big interview so that I could focus on my preparation for it and never picked it up again (since I got the job).
{eri}
Really good book with lots of helpful phrasing and tips. Much of it said what I wanted to express and had good answers to tricky questions. Great for highlighting and I will use again in the future I'm sure!
Diane Fisher
Simple, fantastic insights into a challenging process. Easily read in a short time. Focus on the key points.

Emily
One of the best books I've found to prepare you for job interviews. I've used it for years with pretty good success.
Katie Dale
What can I say, I'm looking for a job so I have to read the boring stuff before I can start fun reading again.
Fernando
Abarca principalmente posibles preguntas y respuestas de una entrevista.
Molly
This was good- jam-packed with good questions and ideas for good answers.
Colby Christian
Read this to prep for interviewing! Very very helpful
Chad
Good job hunt advice
Yolanda
Very informative. Great tips.
Faye Newfield
Faye Newfield marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Lakia Haywood
Lakia Haywood marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Leon
Leon marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Paula Henderson
Paula Henderson marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Fatfat
Fatfat marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Better Than Normal: How What Makes You Different Can Make You Exceptional
  • 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions
  • The Science of Skinny: Start Understanding Your Body's Chemistry--and Stop Dieting Forever
  • Annie's Hero
  • Don't Send a Resume: And Other Contrarian Rules to Help Land a Great Job
  • Inside a U.S. Embassy: How the Foreign Service Works for America
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Personal Finance in your 20'sand 30's
  • Bridges Out of Poverty: Strategies for Professionals and Communities
  • Open Wide The Freedom Gates: A Memoir
  • Soul Hunt (Evie Scelan, #3)
  • The Right-Brain Business Plan: A Creative, Visual Map for Success
  • Dreamer's Dictionary
  • The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living
  • The Lion Throne
  • J.D. Robb In Death: The First Cases (In Death #1 & 2)
  • In the Kingdom of the Sick: A Social History of Chronic Illness in America
  • Running with the Pack
  • With Red Hands (Violet Eyes, #2)
Over 40 & You're Hired!: Secrets to Landing a Great Job Soaring on Your Strengths: Discover, Use, and Brand Your Best Self for Career Success Winning Resumes, 2nd Edition What to Do with The Rest of Your Life: America's Top Career Coach Shows You How to Find or Create the Job You'll LOVE Winning Cover Letters, 2nd Edition

“Interview etiquette is now on center stage in corporate America. Dress, image, and personal presentation are undergoing greater scrutiny than ever before.” 0 likes
“You’ll never know what you can achieve until you try. Just never, ever give up.” 0 likes