Pure Temptation

Summer Projects:
1) Get in shape
2) Prepare for NY move
3) Lose virginity

Tess Blakely's innocence is getting downright embarrassing. But growing up in a small town with four very big brothers ...well, she might as well have been wearing a chastity belt. She's read loads of books about sex, but now she needs some hands-on training. And her best friend, "Mac" MacDougal, looks...more
Published April 19th 2010 by Harlequin Temptation (first published July 1st 1999)

Maldivianbookreviewer
Stuff I liked:

1- I loved Mac from the stetson on his head to his delectable toes and everything in between. His tenderness and the way he understands and puts first each and every desire of Tess is what made me fall in love with him. Even with his desire raging out of control for Tess, Mac shows her the sensual side of love as only a man in love can and in the process made my heart go flip-flop every time he came up in the story.

2- Tess. She makes for a unique combination with her innocence (w...more
Andrea Guy
Vicki Lewis Thompson's books are almost always fun books. That said, Pure Temptation just didn't do it for me, and I'm hard pressed to figure out why, besides the obvious, 26 year old virgin thing.

Dear god, I wish writers would stop with this. Its just a little too unrealistic. It may work for a cute comedy, but in a romance novel where the heroine is supposed to be gorgeous, its just silly.

All that aside, Tess and Mac are cute and funny. Tess has a summer project to lose her virginity and Mac i...more
Marie
this is a book I read years and years ago.....it stuck with me if you are into hot reads where the hero and heroine are best friends who turn into lovers this is awesome.....tess turns to Mac to break out of her viginity.....love this
Netanella
What an awesome friends-to-lovers story! Reading Vicki Lewis Thompson is like returning to your auntie's house after an extended absence - warm, cozy, heart-warming awesomesauce, vanilla-scented goodness.
What can I say Harlequin all the way!
Cem73
Titre vf : L'été en flamme
Stacy Robbins
Stacy Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Jacqueline Kelly
Jacqueline Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Cintia
Cintia added it
Jul 07, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Mariska
Mariska marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Jaguane Mchenry
Jaguane Mchenry marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Melanie Sausser-Burke
Melanie Sausser-Burke marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Lana
Lana marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...
Nerd in Shining Armor (Nerds, #1) A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You, #1) The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2) Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3) Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)