Start by marking “The Job Search Solution: The Ultimate System for Finding a Great Job Now!” as Want to Read:
The Job Search Solution: The Ultimate System for Finding a Great Job Now!

The Job Search Solution: The Ultimate System for Finding a Great Job Now!

The employment expert Dr. Phil called the best of the best supplies readers with a surefire job search system!
Published January 2nd 2006 by AMACOM/American Management Association (first published January 2nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Job Search Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Job Search Solution

StoryTellerShannon
This seems to have been put out for people who have two weeks to find a job and has a lot of desperation in its tone. That said, there's some good info within if you can stomach that part (and only getting Sunday off with religious references).

Audio version by the author.

MY GRADE: C.
Catherine
As someone who is currently ‘employment challenged’ (thank you, Portland economy) I’ve read a lot of books about job hunting. I’m pleased to report that The Job Search Solution does not follow the crowd and focus solely on the best websites and job boards to use (hint: it’s not Monster, no one uses them anymore). Instead author Tony Beshara concentrates on some of the more intangible aspects of getting a job. Anyone can search a database and apply for jobs but writing cover letters and great int ...more
Lori Gertz
Apr 07, 2013 Lori Gertz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Beshara's no nonsense philosophy, though some of it feels sort of old school...he repeatedly makes the great point that being afraid to appear pushy may make the difference between getting the job or not. He always asks, what have you got to lose? Very helpful in shifting the paradigms of job search.
Ayelet
Jun 25, 2013 Ayelet rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me as I am currently looking for a job. I can't yet comment on whether it has been effective. Most of the techniques involve being outgoing and assertive, the exact opposite of my personality type. The situations described seem most applicative to larger companies. I kept trying to picture how they applied to my former job and couldn't quite see it.
Heather
I borrowed some of the latest interview books from my library to help me prepare...

This one had good overall information, and I liked the format. The interview sections did a good job of guiding you to the right kind of responses.
Ginger Heskett
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Angie
May 08, 2010 Angie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, job-search
I downloaded this as an mp3 from my library, and made it through 4 of 12 hours. It was just too "sales-y" for me. I understand that finding a job is a matter of selling yourself, but I didn't find the author's presentation appealing, or motivating for that matter.

The book appeared to be read by the author - definitely READ, not "performed". His presentation was rather stilted, and the sound quality was poor in several places, which was distracting.

There was one particular section where Beshara t
Keith Kendall
May 28, 2011 Keith Kendall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: career
Beshara's point of view is: 'I've been doing this for a long time. Do like I say and it will work.' He views it as a numbers game. He also emphasizes direct contact with real people.

I liked the book enough to read it in about a week. Much of it is familiar material, sometimes with bit of a difference in the viewpoint. The part I liked best was in the Epilogue.

"The purpose of this life is not prosperity as we know it, but rather the maturing of the human soul."
Alexander Solzhenitsyn

"But the pro
Mckinley
It's a full time work itself - only take on if 1. out of work or 2. committed to changing job. (Don't use to leverage current job. And don't say in current job after you've resigned/said you are leaving.) Very detailed and helpful for looking for jobs in certain fields and for casting a broad net for non-specific job. Spin your story to put your best foot forward - but don't lie. (Will be found out and fired.) Network - reach out to everyone you know. Push for 2nd interviews if told that is the ...more
Rebecca Lynne
This book was alright, but you really don't need it as long as you've had some job search experience prior. The beginning has a lot of fluffy emotional guidance, but I personally wasn't concerned about that, so there was a lot of irrelevant writing for me. The resume and cover letter guidance was most pertinent, and there was good information there, but don't go get this book just because you think you need advice. It's basically all the same information you should be able to find in other books ...more
Debra Kaitschuck
Jun 07, 2010 Debra Kaitschuck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't finish reading this book because I received a job offer shortly after starting the book. But in just reading the first few chapters of the book, I felt rejuvinated in my job search and felt like I could create a plan of hard work and dedication with purpose that helped me get a job. If I find myself looking for employment down the road, I will definitely turn back to this book to help set up a game plan of success in that job search.
Ernest
Jul 30, 2010 Ernest rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Aggressive in technique. I could have been spared with the part on getting in touch with my feelings... anger, depression, whatever -- especially matching one's personality with the interviewer. I know some people who are really good at this, albeit, much later only to be revealed on a superficial level, if prodded enough over time. Not really all that bad.
Susan
May 28, 2013 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book, like so many career advice books, is oriented toward sales jobs, with little or no consideration for other types of careers. There is some helpful advice. Some not so helpful. Beshara forcefully asserts that his way is the best/only way. From personal experience, the tactics would not work for someone seeking a job from me.
Dec 05, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked that it cut through the B.S. and talks about how managers think and they are just as lazy as the rest of us. It tells you how to break through some of that in a manner that is fairly assertive.
Johnny Flores
Jan 29, 2008 Johnny Flores rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a job.
Job searching is a job! Finding one is something Tony Beshara knows a bit about. I will let you know how it goes when I find my new gig! So far its a great read.
John Ryan
Jul 25, 2008 John Ryan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
This seems to be rehashed late night infomercial type information. If you don't already know these simple steps covered in this book then you need more than this book to help you.
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2009
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it did not like it
Aug 29, 2011
Kasheahan
Kasheahan rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2008
Sergei
Sergei rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Jillian Lusk
Jillian Lusk rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Lester's Dishont
Lester's Dishont rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2011
Jared
Jared rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2010
Rick Riddle
Rick Riddle rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Nlizzynmyway.com
Nlizzynmyway.com rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Niki
Niki rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2011
Fox
Fox rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
192727
TONY BESHARA is the owner and president of Babich Associates, the oldest placement firm in Texas. He is the author of The Job Search Solution (978-0-8144-7332-0) and Acing the Interview (978-0-8144-0161-3).
More about Tony Beshara...