Start by marking “Shadow of Doubt (Newpointe 911, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of Doubt (Newpointe 911, #2)

Shadow of Doubt (Newpointe 911 #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  2,362 ratings  ·  53 reviews
A poisoned past. A bitter present.
Is Celia a murderer ... or a victim?
Detective Stan Shepherd lies comatose in the hospital, a victim of arsenic poisoning. The Newpointe police have a suspect: Celia Shepherd, Stan's wife.
Celia is no stranger to such charges. When her first husband died of poisoning, a technicality scuttled the case against her and Celia got of scot-free. N...more
Published July 27th 2009 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of Doubt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of Doubt

Mimmsan
At first I couldn't put it down. But then the main character got really
annoying doing one self incriminating thing after the next.
Also, if she was innoncent, which we have to believe, there is only one suspect, her brother, to choose from. (after learning that her ex-boyfriend was in jail at the time)
Valerie
Think I have a new favorite author! The book was full of murder, suspense and romance...but it also had a spiritual side to it as well. If you are looking for thrillers to read by a Christian author, Terri Blackstock books are the ones to read! Can't wait to read the others I have by her!
Peggy
Purchased books 3,4 & 5 of this series at the Jamerson YMCA book sale last year, found 1 & 2 at Bookshop on the Avenue on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - great series, each book better than the next.
Carolyn E
Another great story by Terri Blackstock. I love her books.
Nancy
Very faithfilled story. Main characters are police officers and fire fighters. Jealousy fuels the plot.
Suzan
Loved this series want to read again!
Janie  R.

Wow, this book reads fast, hard to put down, lots of suspense. Though, some of the police officers were so annoying, esp. Sid and Vern- I could have slapped them both! I fell in love in with Stan.
For people that called themselves Christians, it was surprising how this town of people judge and condemned one of the main characters, before she was given a trail. I think the main theme in this story was that we can get betrayed, hurt, deceived and let down by even our own loved ones, yet love and...more
Shacoria
This book starts off with action, which I love. There is no boring introduction. It just goes directly into the main plot of the story. This book clearly displays itself to be a work of Christian fiction. There is constant mention of praying. The book, however, is not annoying in its Christian undertones at first. In the beginning the Christian part of the book is sort of a background and not the main story. I think Celia's questioning of why god would put her through such misery is very honest....more
Nola
Mar 26, 2008 Nola rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a good, clean crime novel
As if almost losing your husband wasn’t bad enough, Celia Shepherd finds herself arrested for attempted murder. Once the police realize that her first husband died from the same method – poisoning – the case seems open-and-shut. But Celia insists that she is innocent, and only her attorney, Jill Clark, seems to believe her. The rest of the town of Newport views her with doubt and distress.

In Shadow of Doubt,the second book of the Newpointe 911 series, Terri Blackstock creates another murder myst...more
Patti
Another good book by Terri Blackstock! Stan Sheppard is poisoned and everyone in town thinks that his wife Celia is the guilty person. Even her Pastor thinks she is guilty for a short time. Celia's lawyer and friend develops a plan to draw the killer out and it just explodes from there. I really enjoyed this book!
Jeannie E. Hennig
A very good read.

As usual, I enjoyed this book by Terri Blackstock. She keeps your interest all the way through to the end. And I never have to worry about coming across foul language or steamy hot sex scenes. All her books are based on Christianity and her love of the Lord and his book. I read her books over and over again.
Karen
Okay, I know people love her books so again I tried to read one. Someone gave me this and though I have really only liked about 3 of hers( never loved them); I gave it a whirl. the premise of the book sounded great. The book started with a bang the got annoying. I cannot tolerate whiny weak protagonists and that is what we had here. I did not like the auntie dear, did not care for sheriff irr-itater. I did not like Jill and that man; I did not like the whole silly clan. Mom and pop should have b...more
Kristel
Found it very predictable. Only one suspect who had a decent motive, so it was easy to figure out very early on.
Deborah
Despite guessing immediately who the killer was, it was still a good read with some surprising twists.
Mary
Good Suspense book with a little romance.
Barbara
"The mysterious arsenic poisoning of detective Stan Shepard has his coworkers and friends worried--especially since most of them now know that his wife, Celia, had a first husband who died of the same thing.

The book lacks a decent plot and characterization. Allie and Mark, central to the first book, are afterthoughts here. Aunt Aggie, while charming in the first book, now is a vengeful shrew. Guessing the killer isn't hard and it feels as though Blackstock phoned this one in. Here's hoping the...more
Becky
Better than private justice...
S
Great Series! This is the second book in the Newpointe 911 series and Terri Blackstock has definitely met the mark with this series. Her books are solid, well written and interesting. She definitely knows how to grab the reader’s attention and reel them in, keeping their attention throughout the book. This book was no exception. It has intrigue and suspense, while viewing them from a Christian perspective. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.
Will
Patti
Unfortunately. someone posted a review on this site that said who the killer was, so there wasn't the element of surprise. (I usually check some of the reviews when deciding what to read.) This is the second book of the series I've read. It kept my attention and jumped right in at the start. I want to read the rest of the 911 Newpointe books. I'm just starting to get interested in murder mysteries these days.
Elaine
Celia's husband Stan has been poisoned with arsenic and she is a suspect.

Far-fetched isn't just for television. Just the fact that some of the stuff here can be pulled off, puts Shadow of Doubt in the "ya-right" zone. The author has characters in this book being able to tell whether someone is guilty or innocent by looking at them. This just gets hokier and hokier.

I guessed the perp early on.
Angie Mitchell
Couldn't put this book down. It was awesome. Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. This verse is the key message she wants you to see, no matter what God is with you.
Lisa
this one changed from the first one, a character from the first one suddenly talks in deep slang on the second one, but the storyline was good, I really thought it was a 3.5 star! looking forward to the next one
Beverly
Very fast-paced, intriguing plot with interesting characters and a Christian message. I did figure out early on who the perpetrator was, but needed to know how everything was going to work out.
John
Not as good as the first in the series. It has more religious themes in it and isn't too preachy. I was a little disappointed with the ending...but I think Terri will fix it eventually.
Erika
on the edge of my couch...it made me so mad though that barely anyone believed the main character was innocent, not friends or family. i would hate for that to happen to me.
Kathy
A detective's wife is accused of poisoning her husband with arsenic. Her first husband died of arsenic poisoning and now she is accused again. Good book. Another quick read.
Rebekah
i read this book this summer and i really enjoyed the suspense and mystery of the book. it is really good and i recommend this to anyone who loves mysteries!!
Ashlea Nicol
This book was absolutely amazing!It kept me turning the pages and even though I knew who the killer was from the beginning it still had me in suspense .
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • Brink of Death (Hidden Faces Series, #1)
  • Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)
  • An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2)
  • Life Support (Alexi Lindale, #1)
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived...more
More about Terri Blackstock...
Night Light (Restoration #2) Last Light (Restoration, #1) Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1) Southern Storm (Cape Refuge Series, #2) Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)