Meet Me at Midnight (With This Ring, #2)

Meet Me at Midnight (With This Ring #2)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,001 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Victoria Fontaine's mischievous nature and brilliant, biting wit have scandalized the ton...and earned her the nickname "Vixen." But her reputation pales before the infamous Lord Althorpe's, known as "Lord Sin." The years Sinclair Grafton spent on the Continent have done nothing to quell the rumors about his past. And when the stunning Vixen and the handsome rogue find the...more
Mass Market Paperback, 377 pages
Published October 3rd 2000 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Meet Me at Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Me at Midnight

Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnThe Bride by Julie Garwood
Best Humorous Historical Romances
160th out of 434 books — 400 voters
The Duke and I by Julia QuinnRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnAn Offer From a Gentleman by Julia QuinnIt's in His Kiss by Julia Quinn
Best Avon Historical Romance
39th out of 58 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

Eastofoz
Not one of Enoch’s best. The story drags in some parts and the back blurb is very misleading. The reader is led to believe that a battle of wits and some good banter is going to happen between the h/h but it’s very tame compared to Enoch’s other novels which was disappointing because she can write a funny tit-for-tat-right-back-at-ya story like the best of them.

Vixen (Victoria) and Sin (Sinclair) get together for the first time because of a dare but then they’re caught in a compromising situatio...more
Viohlet
Nisha
Amongst the rake series, this happens to be about the hero pretending to be a rake so that he can spy on the French and now he's trying to figure out who killed his brother. Its essentially a mystery with romance as a central theme or something. There is a bit of funny dialogue, though not the expected banter. This couple fell for each other pretty hard early on and there were no significant misunderstanding between them. The murder mystery is a new concept for me. I usually avoid them, but it w...more
Graylark
Perhaps I'm being unfair due to suspense-spy-thriller romances being one of my favorite genres, but it felt like Enoch's habitually flimsy plots finally outweighed any appeal the romance might have held.

A young woman is able to unravel in a matter of days a closely held secret that he kept for years against trained professionals?

Having figured it out, she then proceeds to blab it to anyone she can, such as her boarding school mistress friend or by stating it baldly in unsecured locations, or o...more
Mary
Wow, I did not expect this.

I was avoiding this book and reading everything except it. I just thought it will be boring or badly written.

Well, I was wrong. From their first moment, Victoria and Sinclair were great characters. I enjoyed their fights, thoughts, passion... They weren't boring or annoying to me at all.

Victoria was brave, wild, smart, passionate, cared about others..She was a perfect girl. Sinclair was sexy, smart, strong, loyal. I liked how he pretended to be a rake and she saw more...more
Elii Vela
No recordaba haber leído esta novela, y no fue hasta que me topé con una escena ya muy avanzado el libro, que dije: ¡esto ya lo leí antes! Sin embargo, en ese momento no pensé que había leído este libro, más bien creí que había leído una escena como esa en otra parte... después de eso ya me fui dando cuenta de que en realidad sí era esta novela la que leí en algún momento. Estuvo bien como relectura la verdad.

Me gustó la relación entre la pareja, Victoria era una mujer muy divertida e inteligent...more
Cherie Jensen
Another good one in this series. Ms. Enoch is good at writing rakes. They are real rakes. Except this one isn't, he's pretending to be a rake. It's his guise as a spy and in his determination to find his brother's killer. But he's really good at being the rake he isn't.

Victoria, Vixen, is a spirited lass. The two get caught in a very compromising situation. I don't usually like stories where the couple marry this way but it works for this story especially because each are unusually attracted to...more
Lady Darcie
Jul 28, 2011 Lady Darcie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Recommended to Lady Darcie by: with this ring #1
Lady Victoria "Vixen" Fontaine is known to be a bit wild in her ways and this will be her down fall...or so she thought. When she first sets eyes on Sinclair "Sin" Grafton, Marquis of Althorpe she wanted to kiss him and that is exactly what she did but that also led to the one thing she never wanted and that was marraige. Now she's forced to marry this handsome man she barley knows and oddly shes okay with that.
Sinclair Grafton just inherited a title (which he didn't want) because his brother w...more
Ivana
Or three and a half, to be perfectly honest.

I guess the first one out of this trilogy was so amazing, that everything else just pales in comparison. I liked Vixen as a character, but because I liked her fire and unortodox behavior so much, I think she gave in too soon. The whole story and falling in love process seemed too rushed at times, and that is why I wasn't so in love with this story, as I was with the first one ...
SAHMwIssues
A spy, a naughty girl, and her father walk in to a party... no seriously, I loved this book. I wanted the next books to be about his two co-conspirators, but alas, they were not.

Loved the twist of mystery and how helpful Vixen actually got to be. Fun read. :)
Bebe Four
Series rating: 3
Each book centered on a woman who was connected to the others. The books were generally enjoyable with decent premises, but they didn't really rise above that.
Dancer
Victoria Fontaine makes a scene at Lady Franton's ball. Later, Sinclair Grafton, a notorious rake, enters and asks her to dance. They waltz and later are seen kissing in the garden. She is compromised, and he offers her marriage to protect her name. Sin is actually an agent for the Crown and is only pretending to be a rake. He wants to find out who killed his brother Thomas. There are lots of twists and turns in this novel, ending with a mad rush by Sinclair to save his family from Kingsfield. T...more
Lucimar
Mocinha tresloucada e mocinho arrojado que luta par vingar a morte do irmão. Para ler numa tarde tranquila.
Shari's Reading
Surprised myself - enjoyed this fluffy romance.
Julie
Fun story of Vixen Fontaine, the belle of London known for her hoydenish ways and flirting. She ends up in a scandalous clinch with the Marquis of Althorpe, a known rake, newly returned to town from abroad. Of course they must marry, but little does she know he's been a spy for the past five years fighting Bonaparte and is now home to find out who murdered his brother. Good story and I loved Vixen, who has smarts, looks, personality and gumption. 4/5

Sababa
I love Vixen and Sin together. Firstly, I loved their nicknames. You have to admit, Vixen seems so fitting to Sin and vice versa. I loved their pairing. I mean, Vixen was not one of those 18 year old "Victoria" debutante bringing somebody called Sin to his knees. I loved reading those innocent-rake pairings. But this was so much better than I could have hoped for. :D
Loved the plot and the suspense and the ending. I was smiling the whole time i was reading it.
LaFleurBleue
Not really fantastic
The heroine was indeed smart and cunning, but so immature in her behaviors all the time!
The hero was much nicer, except I could not really understand how he managed to get bewitched that much by his new-found wife, considering his past.
The whole story lies upon an investigation and without it there's just nothing.
2.5 stars max
Catalina Joseanne
I really liked the story, although it main focus was on Thomas's murderer instead of Sinclair and Vixen love story, I didn't care about that much because I was really into the mistery, so for me was an okay book. Not the best but it wasn't bad. It was just fun.
I loved it lol
ChloeLeeNH
Jul 06, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
This wasn't as strong as the first. I did like the mystery that they h/h had to solve and I thought the heroines saving the animals was a unique touch. But I did feel like they just fell right into this marriage without a lot there. But I did like it a lot.
Jody
Murder, deception and a motley critter crew make for some interesting adventures with Vixen and Lord Sin. I kept waiting for someone to overhear the parrot but he never presented himself to visitors. He just tortured Sin. Vixen is constantly underestimated my Sin!
Mya
For me this book was a very slow read. Didn't find it all that interesting and made it halfway till I started to skim the rest. I am not a big fan of "spies" in my novels. Which could attest for why I found it uninteresting. Other reviewers seemed to enjoy it.
Holli
sigh...the love making scenes are pure poetry. reminds me of why i began reading romance in the first place. it is slow in the beginning but gets better later on. i have highlighted a few passages they were written so well.
Nicole
LOVED this series, MUST READ, this is a sucky review on my part, cant remember half i wanted to say as i am 4 books further, but i really loved this series, and its funy!
Carito Cárdenas guevara
bueno q puedo decir, leí el primer libro y me encantó y ahora leo y también me encantó. me gustó x lo detectivesco y xq victoria era muy carga :)
Lady Kate
Aug 19, 2012 Lady Kate marked it as to-read
Book 1 and Book 2 of the With This Ring series are available on UK Kindle, unfortunetely not Book 2!
Sarah S
I have no idea what the title has to do with the plot. I (usually) like it when Enoch writes spies.
i'd give it about 3 1/2 stars i think- it was good, just not her best in my opinion
Trewen
2 1/2 stars

I felt no connection, sparks, warmth, nada.....
Nanette
Skimmed it

BJ Rose
Lord Sin and Vixen
  • The Forbidden Lord (Lord Trilogy, #2)
  • Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • Lady in Red (Talisman Ring, #5)
  • The Earl of Her Dreams
  • Fool for Love (Duchess Quartet, #2)
  • Seduced at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #3)
  • Seducing the Spy (Royal Four, #4)
Suzanne was born in Southern California sometime in the latter half of the 20th century. In the way that some people are born knowing they want to be astronauts or cellists, Suzanne always knew she wanted to be a writer. Early dreams of becoming a zoologist and writing true stories about her adventures in Africa were crushed, however, after she viewed a television special about the world’s most po...more
More about Suzanne Enoch...
London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2) The Rake (Lessons in Love, #1) England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3) The Care and Taming of a Rogue (Adventurers’ Club, #1) Sin and Sensibility (Griffin Family, #1)

“Sin was a powerful temptation, indeed” 5 likes