All That Mullarkey

All That Mullarkey

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  401 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Revenge and love: it’s a thin line …

Wounded and furious, Cleo embarks on a night out with the girls, which turns into a glorious one night stand with…

Justin, centrefold material and irrepressibly irresponsible. He loves a little wildness in a woman – and he’s...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Choc Lit

Tall, Dark and Kilted by Lizzie LambThe Runaway Year by Shani StruthersSophie's Turn by Nicky WellsI've Got Your Number by Sophie KinsellaRemember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
The Best British Chick Lit
16th out of 143 books — 334 voters
Catching the Barramundi by Rebecca  BurnsThe Whispers of Nemesis by Anne ZouroudiShod by Mark GoodwinThis Isn't the Sort of Thing That Happens to Someone Like You by Jon McGregorFresh Air and the Story of Molecule. John Gallas, Sarah Kirby by John Gallas
East Midlands Book Award
75th out of 119 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Jane Stewart
I really liked it. Cool ending.

The plot is about a woman who leaves her husband who deserves to be left. She eventually ends up with a good guy that she’s hot for. Along the way she has a baby, which is a significant part of the story.

It felt like it was moving kind of slow, but it was good that way. The reason it moves slow is because it’s a lot of time in the lives of ordinary people like us. This is not action and suspense. It’s about feelings, choices, finding love.

Cleo has been married to G...more
RLA
4.5 stars.

I picked this one up on the strength that I really enjoyed the last book by Sue Moorcroft I read (Starting Over), and out of the three books I have read from Choc Lit publishing I haven't met one I didn't like!

The story starts with a bang - with the heroine being left by her unpredictable husband after a silly argument, she then goes out a meets a really nice guy and ends up having a one night stand with him.

A really unexpected, and brave, opening and it is played out wonderfully. The...more
Blodeuedd Finland

Moorcroft did again and delivered another honest and lovely book. And she also gives us another ass who breaks it off in such an evil way. This time our heroine comes home and in the bedroom her ass of a husband has written on the bedroom wall, the marriage is over.

That is how the book starts, and Cleo goes out. There she meets hottie Justin who takes her home, and she is loving it. But as the dust settles the next day she goes home to find a husband who regrets his outburst. She tries to save h...more
Lucie Wheeler
Wow, what can i say, this is a fantastic book.

When i sat down to read this book, it was just to pass a couple of minutes so i thought i would make a start and read the opening chapter, 12 chapters later i was still reading it!Its a page turner right from the first paragraph.

There is no part of this book that fills you with unnecessary waffle or makes you feel as though it is dragging, its constant stream of excitement and surprises will full-fill every reader.
As someone who enjoys reading rom...more
Gail
loving this book so far brilliant read .well recomend this one so far .
Milka
Cleo and Gav. Gav and Cleo. In the eyes of their friends, they are the perfect couple with a perfect marriage. And that is what they both also believed. When Cleo finds the writing from their bedroom wall, everything changes. "This marriage is over". The writing on the wall drives hurt Cleo into a one night stand with Justin. Will Justin remain as a one night stand, or will he become something more?

Justin, good looking and charming. He meets up with Cleo at the local night club. A night of chatt...more
Karen
I bought this novel through Amazon's Kindle store after reading a review from a friend of another of this author's novels. I really enjoyed this story and will certainly look for more from Sue Moorcroft.

All That Mullarkey was quite different to any other romance I have read. It felt like an honest tale about a real marriage that has cracks under the surface. A tale about people making mistakes, trying their best, trying to make the right choices and falling in love. There were no lightening bol...more
Rea Sinfield
Sue Moorcroft is an author I have heard such great things about. Having been keeping an eye on some of her book reviews recently I decided to take the plunge and purchased All That Mullarkey for my new Kindle Fire I couldn't wait to try a book by this author to see if she was going to become one of my must have authors!

Revenge and love: it’s a thin line … The writing’s on the wall for Cleo and Gav. The bedroom wall, to be precise. And it says ‘This marriage is over.’

Wounded and furious, Cleo emb...more
Mark
Jul 30, 2010 Mark rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: drama
Cleo is a free spirit, a wonderfully realised character in a gripping, thoroughly entertaining novel of modern life. Told in two parts, the first sees her splitting from controlling husband Gav and then falling pregnant during a one-night stand with Justin. The second part sees Cleo coping with being a single mum to Shona, the return of Justin (he went abroad), who then suffers a dreadful hate campaign and also the return of Gav, who doesn’t quite get the message that things are over. As with al...more
Christina L
Cleo's husband Gav storms out of their family home as Cleo was getting ready to attend a high school reunion that Gav was adamant he didn't want her going to. Upon Cleo's return, she sees the words "This marriage is over" spray painted on her bedroom wall. Furious, Cleo heads out on a night out and ends up having a one-night stand with Justin. We follow Cleo as she juggles an ex-husband, new love interest/fling and even a possible pregnancy. Well-written and precise, Moorcroft tells a predictabl...more
It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Sue's writing style. Having read and loved Dream A Little Dream, I wanted to take a look at the lives of its peripheral characters who have their own story in All That Mullarkey.
What struck me was how easily all the events in the book could happen. The characters are very real, the dialogue spot on, and the descriptions vivid enough to visualise, without impinging on the reader's own imagination.
I was angry on the hero's behalf, willed the heroine to take action,...more
Rebecca Emin
I have to admit I have got a little bit bored of reading the types of books where you know who's going to end up with who by the end of the first page. I am pleased to say, this is not one of those books. The characters are very strong, and without giving anything away, it's not completely obvious how things are going to pan out right from the start.

I was gripped once I started reading this, I can tell I am enjoying a book when I don't want to put it down. I also ended up with a bit of a crush...more
Joy
Mar 22, 2011 Joy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
When her husband writes "this marriage is over" on the bedroom wall and walks out, a young corporate trainer heads out to the bar and ends up in a one-night stand with a very attractive someone else. Then her husband returns, trying for reconciliation. What could be more fraught, except her ending up pregnant? Which, of course, she does. Who is the father? Which relationship will work out? Who is stalking this very attractive someone else? All done delightfully with well-drawn characters and (as...more
Annie
Really loved this one - Sue Moorcroft could, I'm sure, write any genre she turned her hand to, she writes so well. Her characters are so strong and so well developed, and she turns the one night stand/baby/broken marriage story into something much, much better. Loved the motivational training sessions Cleo ran too, many resonances from real life there! Highly recommended to anyone who likes their chick lit well-written and with a little edge.
Alison
Hmm what's the difference between chick lot and choc lit? Not sure I know, and this book didn't help! This was a gentle, at times amusing story about a woman who, following a row with her husband, has a one night stand. The fallout reveals bigger cracks in her marriage than she thought, and changes everyone's life forever. Easy to read, but I had to refer back to Amazon to remind me what it was about so it obviously didn't stay in my mind long!

SPOILER ALERT
***

I found the main charact...more
Carly
couldn't get into it properly due to lack of proper paragraphs. would be reading one sentence about what Cleo was up to with Justin, then on next sentence would be what gav was doing.
Bad writing style ...... sack the editor !!
Bookworm
After reading Starting Over I couldn't wait for this book to be released. I wasn't disappointed - another fabulous book from this author. Can't wait until November for her next novel. Read it!
Bea
This book has an horrendous start! About half way through the writing improves. It isn't my type of predictable, far too predictable and superficial.
Aileen
This is the second Sue Moorcroft book I have read, I loved this book from the first page, I couldn't put it down.
Mayfair Mum
Read this on my iPad. Badly edited but story was great! I literally couldn't put it down!
Teresa
I've been meaning to pick up this book for ages, especially after reading Starting Over (and loving it) and learning a bit part of Ratty stars in this book. And I when I eventually did start reading, I didn't want to put it down! It really has page turning quality.

I can't quite give this book five stars, because although I loved Justin, (Sue has a marvellous way of making us love her heroes) he still wasn't quite Ratty in Starting Over (who is my all time fave at the moment).

So it's more 4 and...more
Rhoda Baxter
I enjoyed ‘Can you keep a secret’ so much that I thought I’d try another book by Sue Moorcroft. I seem to be reading my way through the Choc Lit books at the moment.
Cleo’s marriage is on the rocks and she has a one night stand. Unfortunately, she forgot to use protection. Is she pregnant? Can she preserve her marriage? Does she even want to?
Cleo is a nice character, bright, sparky and fairly bloody-minded. Her habit of burying her head in the sand gets annoying by the middle of the book, but on...more
Kate
I got this eBook when it was available as a free download from Amazon.

The prologue indicated major problems in Cleo and Gav’s marriage, the argument was fierce and I could easily see where the story was headed at this point. What followed was an impulsive mistake from Cleo, I couldn’t condone her behaviour but I certainly understood it. I thought I had Justin all figured out so when it switched to his point of view I was surprised to find an unexpected reaction from him.

Cleo was a very stubborn...more
Sue
Cleo, a thirty-something businesswoman, sets out for a school reunion despite the disapproval of her husband Gav. He’s been in a bad mood lately, and this culminates in his insistence that if she goes out, their marriage is over. Cleo does feel a bit worried and turns back, but when she finds that Gav has not just gone out, he’s left a cruel message on the wall, she decides to go out and get drunk. And then she does something so bizarre and stupid that I totally lost sympathy with her.

I found th...more
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
​They say not to judge a book by its cover, that is what I had done with this book. As much as I think the cover on this is very pretty, I had been by-passing it for the usual chic-lit fronts. That is why it had been sitting in my ibook​s for a very long time. I decided to give it ago one night when I couldn't sleep and couldn't be bothered getting up for a paperback and book light.
By god, I was gutted I'd missed out on such a gem for so long.
This honestly is a fabulous read. It's like a big boo...more
Chanpreet
Cleo's husband Gav has decided to storm out of the house after Cleo decides she will attend a reunion he is adamant she not attend, all because he fears she will hook up with an old boyfriend she hasn't seen in 7 years. He ends the marriage instead of being sensible. Cleo goes out looking for her sister Liza, ends up getting drunk in the club, meets Justin, and ends up spending the night with him. They don't use protection and it slips Cleo's mind when she and Gav get back together. But what abo...more
Floe (Fernie_J)
I was attracted by the looks of this book. I never read the back of the book before buying it as I was running late for my train. I just want something to read for my journey going back to the country.

I got in to my train and I started reading it. My mind was caught by the book after reading the first page of the Prologue. It is very realistic, a woman thinking of what she wants and doing it.

This is a tale of Justin and Cleo. Cleo's husband Gav tells her what she can and can't do. Gav did a seri...more
BestChickLit.com
A great read with the plot being drawn out, but not to the point of boredom, to keep you guessing. Cleo is a likeable enough character who handles herself very well throughout all her trials and tribulations, with a real dig-your-elbows-in attitude. Although the problems are piled on her each one is dealt with throughout the book, giving you a satisfied ‘no loose ends’ feeling.

Gav, to be frank, is a bit of a pig and not great husband material – you’re sure to find yourself urging Cleo to stay aw...more
Kim Maya Sutton
I got this book when it was free in the Kindle store and really liked it. After a few chapters, I started involving Will, who once again became my audio book reader :)

The beginning of the book is fierce, Gav a real jerk and I immediately felt for Cleo. She went out on a hot date, Moorcroft made no excuses. I like that but did not think that Cleo needed excuses anyway - after all, Gav started it.

The development of the story was beautifully slow (in book-time that is - my reading was rather fast,...more
Mary Thompson
I cheered for the main character the whole story, wanting things to work out for her. She made me laugh and made me want to help her. The dance between the two characters was delicate and beautiful to watch. I wanted things to work out for them the whole time, hoping they could be happy together.
  • The Silver Locket
  • Highland Storms (Kinross Saga, #2)
  • To Turn Full Circle
  • Please Don't Stop the Music
  • Move Over Darling
  • A Stitch in Time
  • No Such Thing as Immortality (No Such Thing, #1)
  • Up Close
  • The Kafenion
  • The UnTied Kingdom
  • Watching Willow Watts
  • Close to the Wind
  • Monday to Friday Man
  • Wish Upon A Star
  • The Importance of Being Emma (Darcy & Friends #1)
  • The Difference a Day Makes
  • No Cure for the Broken Hearted
  • An Autumn Crush
I was born near Monchengladbach in Germany, where my mother happened to be at the time. We were an army family so moved on to Cyprus and Malta. Malta is my favourite place in the world.
More about Sue Moorcroft...
Starting Over Want to Know a Secret? Love & Freedom Dream a Little Dream Is This Love?