Start by marking “Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face?” as Want to Read:
Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face?

Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face? (Stinky Face)

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Stinky Face is full of "What ifs" as he gets ready for kindergarten!

It's time to go to kindergarten, but Stinky Face has a question . . .

"But, Mama, what if the sink in my classroom pours grape juice instead of water?"

As the situations grow stranger, Stinky Face's mama always has just the right answer to make him feel better.

With Lisa McCourt's zany ideas and Cyd Moore's m
Published July 1st 2010 by Scholastic, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready For Kindergarten, Stinky Face?

Becky
Aug 23, 2014 Becky rated it did not like it
Shelves: childrens-ya
My 5 year old's review: "Mom, that wasn't very good."
Misty
Jan 25, 2011 Misty rated it liked it
This is a really cute book for a student who is nervous about starting school, especially a kindergarten student. However, I felt like it was a book meant more for a parent and child instead of a teacher and students. So basically parents, awesome book for your nervous kindergarten student. Teachers, leave it at home. There are books that are better fitting for the classroom. Otherwise, great book for reducing the "jitter-bugs" before arriving on the first day of school.
Evelyn
This book is about a boy who is worried about his first day of school. He makes up crazy scenarios that he thinks may happen on his first day. This book is good to read on the first day of school. This book could open a discussion about the things the students thought school was going to be like for them. This book is good to read for students in grades K-1.
Sebin
This book is about Stinky Face getting ready for his first day of kindergarten. He asks his mom all these silly questions about what might happen on his first day of school. He uses his imagination to create all his silly questions. I would recommend using this book for kids who are nervous about the first day of school and for kids who have big imaginations.
Monalisa Johnson-brown
Oct 17, 2010 Monalisa Johnson-brown rated it really liked it
A little boy was starting kindergarten and he was supposing all these things could happen. He supposed that the sink had grape juice instead of water, the fish tank grew larger, or if the the armadillo starts to chose him for his macaroni dinner. His mother told him that he would rfemain himself. he would drink the grape juice and swim in the pool.
Yadira
Jan 10, 2012 Yadira rated it liked it
Shelves: punctuations
This book is a very simple book that can be used to teach punctuations and can be used for emergent readers. There are simple sentence that include periods, exclamation points, and question marks. It can also be used for the first day of school. It can be used for children who worry or have anxiety about the first day of school.
Shelly Lindsey
This book was okay to me. It would be great for the first day of a Kindergarten class. It would allow the children to see other children have worries concerning school. It could open a discussion to see if the students had other worries about coming to Kindergarten. The teacher and students could help ease these concerns.
Julian
Sep 13, 2010 Julian rated it liked it
Very funny book. A mom reassures her son that kindergarten will be fine after he keeps coming up with all the silly things that could possibly go wrong. A great book to help children relieve some of the anxieties they themselves may have about first starting school. Could also be used for predicting...
Kiana Sims
Personally, i would never use this book in my classroom just because it was missing something to me. I didn't understand where the stinky face part really mattered or not but it would be good for students just beginning school. It has a funny perespective to looking at the anxieties some students may face.
Nancy Jo Lambert
May 31, 2011 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it liked it
This book was only just ok for me. This book will find its happy place in our collection about going back to school and easing into kindergarten. I think parents and teachers will enjoy it because of the content, but overall not a stand out book.
Satin
Feb 04, 2011 Satin rated it it was amazing
I loved how the illustrations in this story seemed very realistic. Kindergartners would love to hear this story on the first day of school and would eventually read it to themselves throughout the school year.
Sha-Quita Jordan
Feb 07, 2011 Sha-Quita Jordan rated it it was amazing
This book is full of laughter. A mother reassures her son when he imagines silly things that might go wrong on the first day of kindergarten. I would read this book on the first day of school to my students.
Tricia
Aug 07, 2011 Tricia rated it liked it
Level 1 beginning reader that is dialogue between son and mother about kindergarten. Humorous because he provides silly examples like, "what if the sink in my classroom pours grape juice instead of water?"
Miranda
Jan 02, 2014 Miranda rated it liked it
Shelves: grace-reads
This was cute, as all of the Stinky Face books are, but because of the mom's answers were very pared down, it lacked the charm of the true picture books by this team. Probably not a reread.
Monique Mcdonald
An insightful inquiring student, who has to know that everything will be okay when he starts school, as nearly every child does. This book would work for those who are starting school.
This book is good for helping students who may worry about starting school and the unknown. Also, it shows the importance of communicating to others how you feel.
Leah
Jun 14, 2012 Leah rated it liked it
Shelves: for-the-kids
Great for a parent to read to a kid who has the first day of school jitters. Very funny and perfect for imaginative kindergarteners.
Pynteya Bate
Feb 27, 2011 Pynteya Bate rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-read
I liked the book, it is funny and has cute illustrations. I would read this book for kindergarten students.

Samantha Penrose
Aug 19, 2012 Samantha Penrose rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books, parenting
LOVE the illustrations!
MariJo Zieroth
MariJo Zieroth marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Faith
Faith added it
Apr 23, 2016
Meryem
Meryem added it
Apr 21, 2016
Brayden Bryson
Brayden Bryson marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Taisha
Taisha marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Dequatta Cannon
Dequatta Cannon marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Rida Desai
Rida Desai marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Stinky Face (7 books)
  • I Love You, Stinky Face
  • I Miss You, Stinky Face
  • It's Time For School, Stinky Face
  • Merry Christmas, Stinky Face
  • Happy Halloween, Stinky Face
  • It's The 100th Day, Stinky Face!