Start by marking “The Hermitage Collections: Volume I: Treasures of World Art; Volume II: From the Age of Enlightenment to the Present Day” as Want to Read:

4.93 of 5 stars 4.93  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The definitive volumes celebrating the collections of the Hermitage Museum. For nearly 250 years the State Hermitage has been one of Europe’s most palatial museums. It encompasses more than three million works of art and artifacts displayed within a spectacular architectural ensemble, the heart of which is the famed Winter Palace. The two volumes of The Hermitage Collectio ...more
Published October 19th 2010 by Rizzoli (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Hermitage Collections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hermitage Collections

Marsha
Beautifully produced two volume set of art books featuring highlights of the vast collection of paintings, sculpture and furnishings acquired by the Czars.

Not quite the experience of visiting the museum itself but the chances of my taking the journey to Russia personally are slim to none.

I particularly liked volume 2 which covers more contemporary and less religious art. As I read about the history of the museum I also referred to the web site for additional information.

I recommend this book to
Andrew Corcut
This is a fitting tribute to a wonderful museum. The works of art are presented in the most attractive way possible and this book is the next best thing to a visit.
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
jcraven510
jcraven510 marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Antonio Gregorio
Antonio Gregorio marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Pascal C.
Pascal C. marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Cole
Cole added it
Sep 15, 2013
Kellie
Kellie marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Christina Narsis
Christina Narsis marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
James
James added it
Mar 15, 2012
Heather Moss
Heather Moss marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2011