Start by marking “Encyclopedia of Sewing Machine Techniques” as Want to Read:
Encyclopedia of Sewing Machine Techniques

Encyclopedia of Sewing Machine Techniques

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  8 reviews
If the sewing machine does it, then the technique is here! Anyone looking for advice on those indispensable basics will find a variety of ways to do bias binding, buttonholes, edge finishes, gathering, hem finishes, mitering corners, seam finishes, topstitching, and zippers. Or sewers can learn how to make any item eye-catching with an array of creative touches, including ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by Sterling (first published October 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Encyclopedia of Sewing Machine Techniques, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Encyclopedia of Sewing Machine Techniques

Rosemary
Jun 14, 2011 Rosemary rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All sewists.
Shelves: sewing, non-fiction
This book was so great, I ordered it for my library. It's true, as one reviewer described, that this book has a lot of decorative techniques. However, those techniques have inspired me to use some of my presser feet and to buy a few more. Some of the techniques and projects were old-fashioned (not counting vintage) or obsolete because of the newer tools available, but all-in-all, this was a great read and will be an oft-consulted resource.

The edition pictured is the 1999 edition, but I'm buying
Nagy
Love it. Simple and accurate.
Mary
Again, just as the title implies. Each technique is shown with finished examples and some have photos of the process. There is a written description, too. Very helpful to me right now, as there are so many techniques (and some have several names). This made me feel more well-versed in a very short time.
Naomi
This is a book I'd like to have in my library. Covers all sorts of sewing techniques, the how to's are fairly well described, and if nothing else, gets the ideas flowing on how to add the finishing touches to clothes.
Cameron
Very informative. Pretty clear instructions. So many techniques that I will probably never use but interesting to read about just the same. Very dated projects. Overall excellent at home sewing resource.
Espera
Feb 15, 2008 Espera is currently reading it
Shelves: sewing, embelishment
Skimmed the book in the bookstore. It looked pretty promising. I'll see if it'll solve the mystery of my grandmother's pillow covers when I get to try some of the techniques.
Patty R.
I did not like it I was looking for emphasis on construction techniques not projects like embroidery.
Sandra
Color; clear, large print. Older techniques and newer techniques.
Judi
Judi marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Tonya Bilbrey
Tonya Bilbrey marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Knapp
Knapp marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Marla Harrison
Marla Harrison marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Denise
Denise added it
Mar 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Silk Ribbon Machine Embroidery Creative Serging: Innovative Applications to Get the Most from Your Serger encyclopedia of sewing machine techniques Encyclopedia of Sewing Machine Techniques Publisher: Sterling Gold Rush Thematic Unit