Start by marking “Ransomed Dreams” as Want to Read:
Ransomed Dreams

Ransomed Dreams (Defenders of Hope #1)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  130 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Chained To Yesterday

When tragedy struck and Gracie Lang lost everything, her faith crumbled, and nothing but the drive for justice propelled her forward. But after two years of dead-end searching, the truth Gracie seeks is the very thing her stalker will stop at nothing to hide.

Forgiveness Unlocks the Future

An FBI agent in the Crimes Against Children Unit, Steven Kessler s

Published February 19th 2009 by Multnomah (first published April 17th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Ransomed Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ransomed Dreams

Nora St Laurent
Jul 13, 2015 Nora St Laurent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fast paced; suspenseful book. I connected with these characters right away. Something happens that is so unexpected. The author takes you on a journey through life’s hurtful situations and helps you see the forgiveness process. It is a very powerful story. You won't put it down until you are done.

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I a
Katrina Burchett
Gracie Lang is a happily married woman and the mother of two. But then tragedy strikes and she loses her family because of a drunk driver. She's determined to find the man who killed her precious loved ones so that he will be made to pay for his senseless crime. Time goes by, but she does not give up even when others feel her quest for justice is a waste of time. She's angry at God for what happened but despite what she feels she does her best to keep trusting in Him... one day at a time. When i ...more
Tamara Tilley
Jan 23, 2016 Tamara Tilley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
RANSOMED DREAMS by Amy Wallace is a heart-wrenching story of Gracie Long and the tragedy that has forever changed her life. Justice is the only thing that really fuels Gracie, and even after two years of no answers, she is committed to finding out the truth and see to it that someone pays for all that she has lost.
FBI Agent Steven Kessler happens to cross paths with Gracie Long when he finds out his son will be in her class at the elite Hope Ridge Academy. Gracie teaches at a school for the chil
Alexi
Jun 01, 2012 Alexi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Ransomed Dreams is a solid, enjoyable read.

I'll be honest—I'm not generally a fan of Christian novels. While I appreciate the focus on God and the redeeming elements, far too often they are unbearably pedantic in tone and formulaic in plot. Ransomed Dreams, though, managed to dodge—or at least minimize—many of those pitfalls. It definitely had its flaws, but it was a touching story, and I'm glad I read it.

Let's start with the bad.

1. To be honest, Steven and Gracie might have been snatched
Michelle
Dec 17, 2007 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianfiction
Ransomed Dreams has a gut-wrenching beginning. I cried when Gracie's family was wiped out in a tragic car accident. In fact, I needed a breather from the story because it made me so sad. Then I picked up the story again and the action pulled me right back in. Gracie's quest to determine who killed her family intersected with Steven's case--the plot to kidnap the British ambassador's daughter. Several points of view showed a variety of perspectives, all of which increased the tension in the story ...more
Margaret
Oct 17, 2012 Margaret rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like Karen Ball and other edgy storylines
Recommended to Margaret by: ACFW
I have to start this review with my disclaimer as I do for many.. I just do not really like the "real" contemporary fiction books, they are not my "escape". With that said, when I started this book it was just so real and heart wrenching that I was going to put it back and not even try to read it. But, I couldn't. No matter how bad I was feeling and the facts of the storyline depressing, I just had to know what happened. I couldn't put it down and had to find out what would happen to Gracie and ...more
Sheri Salatin
Gracie Lang loses everything when a drunk driver takes the life of her precious family. As a grieving widow and mother, she is determined to find the one who ruined her life and make him pay.

What she doesn't realize is that the one who took the life of her family is now following her too!

FBI Agent, Steven Kessler works for the Crimes Against Children Unit. He spends his days rescuing children and caring for 5 year-old son. Steven meets Gracie when he enrolls his son into her Kindergarten class.

A
pam
May 09, 2011 pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
i did like this book the last half of the book was a page turner to me. The first part of the book i got confused on who was who, but near the end it was more clear.
I really felt sad for Gracie her family died in a car accident and she struggled with god in why she was not in the car with them. She wanted justic in finding who killed her family. Then she meets Steven his little boy is in her class at school. He has struggles of is own his ex-wife came back to claim her son after 5 years.
This
ChrisGA
Feb 12, 2013 ChrisGA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christian suspense thriller featuring first grade teacher whose family was killed by drunk driver and FBI Crimes Against Children agent who has been raising his son as a single father after his wife abandoned both of them shortly after the birth. Lots of angst and inner struggles as they try to deal with their pasts with forgiveness rather than revenge. Loved the image of a newborn in God's strong but gentle hands.
Audrey
Gracie Lang lost her entire family in a horrible accident and she is determined to find their killer. What she ends up facing is plenty of danger and learning the meaning of forgiveness. It was nearly impossible to put this book down with its enticing plot twists and suspenseful moments.
Mary Allen
Jan 13, 2008 Mary Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This romantic suspense is going to wrap itself and its characters around your world. Amy Wallace has what it takes to keep you hoping, smiling, and tearing up till the very last page.
Read my review of it:
Christy
Oct 16, 2008 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining, fast-paced, suspenseful mystery read with a valuable message of hope, forgiveness and letting go of bitterness.
I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this Defenders of Hope series with Clint and Sara's story.

Fran Whitten
Oct 24, 2012 Fran Whitten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a series I read last year before I became a member of GOODREADS.
All 3 books were excellent. Filled with real human interest, action and adversity.
I am glad to own the Defenders of Hope series.
Lola
Sep 03, 2013 Lola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. I loved that I still got the mystery and suspence and romance but also gained some good bible knowledge. The discussion questions really envoked some good bible study. I loved it.
Melissa
Fair story about an FBI agent and a woman who lost her family. Villains exposed way too early, but spiritually a good story.
Melissa
Jun 28, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book in a series focusing on FBI agents and their families. Excellent book! Read it in a couple of days!
Wendy
Jul 07, 2008 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a great story. Will have you thinking and wondering just how you'd react. Highly recommended.
Julie Meitzler
Good characters, sometimes hard to follow, but fun to read!
Angel Gail Rose
She is a dear friend and a great writer!
Kristin
Never finished
Elaine
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Gerald
Gerald marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
  • Danger Close
  • Capture the Wind for Me (Bradleyville Series, #3)
  • Indivisible
  • Lethal Deception
  • Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)
  • Fear No Evil
  • Forget Me Not (Crossroads Crisis Center, #1)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Falls Like Lightning
  • Speak to My Heart (Spirit and Soul #1)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
Amy Wallace is a wife, homeschool mom of three, writer, speaker, Bible study leader, and avid chocoholic.

She loves crafting high-action suspense that delves deep into heart issues, but who she really is can be summed up in a few short words: Amy is a daughter of the King learning to live and love with laughter.

Amy is the author of Ransomed Dreams, Healing Promises, and Enduring Justice (The Defe
More about Amy Wallace...

Defenders of Hope (3 books)
  • Healing Promises (Defenders of Hope #2)
  • Enduring Justice (Defenders of Hope #3)