Start by marking “Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean” as Want to Read:
Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean

Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean

Want to clean a coffeepot in a flash? Unclog a sink with a simple homemade solution ? Do away with microwave odors? Banish those dust bunnies?
Let her royal highness of housekeeping show you how to turn your home into a sparkling palace -- in no time at all!
Step aside, Martha...Here comes the Queen of Clean, and her down-to-earth housekeeping guide for those of us who liv
ebook, Second Edition, 192 pages
Published March 13th 2001 by Pocket Books (first published September 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean

Traci
Feb 02, 2009 Traci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How does she know all of this stuff? Amazing - but I think I really just want her to come over so I can watch her clean my house with all of these amazing little tricks. Too tiring to figure out how to do it myself.
Adelle
May 12, 2017 Adelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great tips & tricks for cleaning just about anything!
Heidi
Mar 11, 2017 Heidi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
So glad I read this before owning a house (and glad I decided to keep it during my book purge!). There are so many practical and useful tips, tricks, and ideas in this book!
Hoopidnew
Jul 01, 2008 Hoopidnew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: housewives/men who help out
Recommended to Hoopidnew by: Cheerios
Got this for free online with a purchase of Cheerios. I didn't follow all of her suggestions, but there were a few that really stood out. Now I know how to save stinky clothes that have been wet for too long without resorting to bleach or tossing them. Ditto for cloth diapers. I keep it as a reference for emergencies. Nobody will ever know that I spilled 1/4 cup of latex paint on the stairs!
Amy Anderson
Nov 19, 2013 Amy Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since no one taught me to clean, I really needed to read this book like a novel one time through. I learned a lot, but retained nothing. It will now be a good reference though. I think the only thing that could have made this book better is a schedule on how often to clean certain things and pictures. Seriously though,I learned a lot!
Connie
Feb 01, 2008 Connie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with weird stains
Recommended to Connie by: streets of BK
Seriously. I dumpstered this book because I thought the bejeweled duster and broom was hilarious. I started to use it on a whim once & have found nearly every cleaning problem/solution to be amazing! Seriously.
Jun 19, 2007 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Lots of great cleaning tips, especially for cleaning without chemicals. One trick I recently tried was using white vinegar as insect repellent. It worked during the day, but I haven't tried it with the overzealous evening mosquitos!
Noel
Jan 07, 2011 Noel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This one was just OK. She seems to use a lot of home made cleaning liquids, and I'd just as soon buy commercial ones. She did have a couple of VERY good tips for pet stains, and if for nothing else, it was worth the read just for those tips.
Amandalynn
Jan 08, 2011 Amandalynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
i bought these back when we had only been married a couple of years but at the time i remember feeling like they would make a perfect wedding gift. as time has gone on i would have to give a collection of works for newlyweds.
Yahnira
Aug 18, 2008 Yahnira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I forget I have this book. However, on the occasion when I DO use it, it's amazing! It covers everything from "spot cleaning" to the biggest of problems. I have read it numerous times because it definitely has a lot of information. There is no way you can remember it all.
Sherry
Aug 03, 2007 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006-2010
A lot of great cleaning tips and cleaning recipes. Includes websites on where to find specific items.
Amanda
Jan 27, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
I checked this book out from the library, but soon realized that I needed to own a copy for myself. I kept wanting to hi-lite things. This book is chock full of great tips and ideas.
Jessica
Mar 25, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally informative with great tips and easy solutions. Made me actually excited to clean...now that's a good book.
Anita
Sep 17, 2008 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this simple easy remedies to help keep my house clean. It also has great solutions to other things as well.
Malissa
fantastic reference! earth-friendly tips; also easy on the checkbook.
Cortney
Apr 16, 2012 Cortney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book, every mother should own this.
Sandra
Mar 04, 2012 Sandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Inexperienced Households
The unusual problem fixes were worth the purchase.
Dawn
Nov 09, 2010 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great reference for getting out stains and cleaning questions.
Lynette Myers
Jul 30, 2010 Lynette Myers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great with lots of tips. Hope I can remember them or at least remember to reference the book.
Nickolecox
Aug 21, 2012 Nickolecox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I use this book for reference all the time great tips you would never think of
Kim
May 12, 2009 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is spring cleaning time, so what better book to look over that this one! I have a copy if anyone want to see it!

Found a good cleaning solution for my outside windows and screens!
Josh L Martin
Jun 10, 2011 Josh L Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is packed full of great ideas on how to clean everything in your house and how to do it quick and easy and without a bunch of chemicals or harsh cleansers!
Charity
good cheap cleaning tips. I don't think all of them work and she doesn't necessarily give warnings about toxins etc. Thus the other book on my list. :)
Melissa
Aug 18, 2008 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. It is a great book for reference on getting anything clean, or stains out of things. Has been a lifesaver!!
Dietmom
Apr 24, 2008 Dietmom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-family
I liked some of her cleaning solution tips--can I say it has changed my organization skills----no. But I will take some of her tips on products and how to clean certain things!
Lauren
Apr 15, 2010 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah I know- I just thought this might give me some tips on cleaning my house!
Tricia
Tricia rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2011
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Felicia
Felicia rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2013
Mallie
Mallie rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Speed Cleaning
  • Cleaning Plain & Simple: A ready reference guide with hundreds of sparkling solutions to your everyday cleaning challenges
  • Getting Organized
  • Where's Mom Now That I Need Her?: Surviving Away from Home
  • Essentials of Abnormal Psychology
  • Is There Life After Housework?: A Revolutionary Approach to Cutting Your Cleaning Time by 75%
  • How to Clean Practically Anything
  • Furry Logic: A Guide to Life's Little Challenges
  • Gardening For Dummies
  • Meditation for Optimum Health
  • Locke: Political Writings
  • Knock 'em Dead Resumes: How to Write a Killer Resume That Gets You Job Interviews
  • Theories of Personality