Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean

Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Want to clean a coffeepot in a flash? Unclog a sink with a simple homemade solution ? Do away with microwave odors? Banish those dust bunnies?
Let her royal highness of housekeeping show you how to turn your home into a sparkling palace -- in no time at all!
Step aside, Martha...Here comes the Queen of Clean, and her down-to-earth housekeeping guide for those of us who liv...more
ebook, Second Edition, 192 pages
Published March 13th 2001 by Pocket Books (first published September 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean

Traci
How does she know all of this stuff? Amazing - but I think I really just want her to come over so I can watch her clean my house with all of these amazing little tricks. Too tiring to figure out how to do it myself.
Hoopidnew
Jul 01, 2008 Hoopidnew rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: housewives/men who help out
Recommended to Hoopidnew by: Cheerios
Got this for free online with a purchase of Cheerios. I didn't follow all of her suggestions, but there were a few that really stood out. Now I know how to save stinky clothes that have been wet for too long without resorting to bleach or tossing them. Ditto for cloth diapers. I keep it as a reference for emergencies. Nobody will ever know that I spilled 1/4 cup of latex paint on the stairs!
Amy Anderson
Since no one taught me to clean, I really needed to read this book like a novel one time through. I learned a lot, but retained nothing. It will now be a good reference though. I think the only thing that could have made this book better is a schedule on how often to clean certain things and pictures. Seriously though,I learned a lot!
Yahnira
I forget I have this book. However, on the occasion when I DO use it, it's amazing! It covers everything from "spot cleaning" to the biggest of problems. I have read it numerous times because it definitely has a lot of information. There is no way you can remember it all.
Noel
This one was just OK. She seems to use a lot of home made cleaning liquids, and I'd just as soon buy commercial ones. She did have a couple of VERY good tips for pet stains, and if for nothing else, it was worth the read just for those tips.
Lots of great cleaning tips, especially for cleaning without chemicals. One trick I recently tried was using white vinegar as insect repellent. It worked during the day, but I haven't tried it with the overzealous evening mosquitos!
Amandalynn
i bought these back when we had only been married a couple of years but at the time i remember feeling like they would make a perfect wedding gift. as time has gone on i would have to give a collection of works for newlyweds.
Connie
Feb 01, 2008 Connie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with weird stains
Recommended to Connie by: streets of BK
Seriously. I dumpstered this book because I thought the bejeweled duster and broom was hilarious. I started to use it on a whim once & have found nearly every cleaning problem/solution to be amazing! Seriously.
Kim
It is spring cleaning time, so what better book to look over that this one! I have a copy if anyone want to see it!

Found a good cleaning solution for my outside windows and screens!
Amanda
I checked this book out from the library, but soon realized that I needed to own a copy for myself. I kept wanting to hi-lite things. This book is chock full of great tips and ideas.
Dietmom
I liked some of her cleaning solution tips--can I say it has changed my organization skills----no. But I will take some of her tips on products and how to clean certain things!
Josh L Martin
This book is packed full of great ideas on how to clean everything in your house and how to do it quick and easy and without a bunch of chemicals or harsh cleansers!
Nancy
I love it when my Devoted Hubby (who is retired and stays home while I work) does those wonderful 4 letter words...mops, dust, wash, and cook. Now that's hot!
Charity
good cheap cleaning tips. I don't think all of them work and she doesn't necessarily give warnings about toxins etc. Thus the other book on my list. :)
Melissa
I love this book. It is a great book for reference on getting anything clean, or stains out of things. Has been a lifesaver!!
Jessica
Totally informative with great tips and easy solutions. Made me actually excited to clean...now that's a good book.
Anita
I love this simple easy remedies to help keep my house clean. It also has great solutions to other things as well.
Lynette Myers
This book was great with lots of tips. Hope I can remember them or at least remember to reference the book.
Sherry
A lot of great cleaning tips and cleaning recipes. Includes websites on where to find specific items.
Jean Grant
This book has a great cover and is pleasantly organized. I read it more than I use it.
Dawn
This is a great reference for getting out stains and cleaning questions.
Nickolecox
I use this book for reference all the time great tips you would never think of
Lauren
Yeah I know- I just thought this might give me some tips on cleaning my house!
Malissa
fantastic reference! earth-friendly tips; also easy on the checkbook.
Sandra
Mar 04, 2012 Sandra rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Inexperienced Households
The unusual problem fixes were worth the purchase.
Cortney
Love this book, every mother should own this.
Becky
a gift from my Mom - I've used it once or twice.
Yahaira Hernandez
Great tips on green cleaning!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Talking Dirty Laundry With The Queen Of Clean How the Queen Cleans Everything: Handy Advice for a Clean House, Cleaner Laundry, and a Year of Timely Tips The Queen of Clean Conquers Clutter The Queen of Clean: Clean Like the Queen Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean and Talking Dirty Laundry with the Queen of Clean