Start by marking “Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)” as Want to Read:
Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels #4)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  33,338 ratings  ·  1,632 reviews
Kate Danielsová se „stará“ o paranormální problémy, jež nikdo jiný nechce řešit, zvlášť pokud se týkají společnosti kožoměnců v Atlantě.
Když ji povolají k prošetření rvačky v Ocelovém oři, baru na hranicích mezi územím kožoměnců a nekromantů, rychle zjišťuje, že se ve městě objevil nový hráč. Starý tisícovky let, a co víc, bojoval v nesčetných válkách po boku jejího otce.
K...more
Published May 2010 by The Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about Magic Bleeds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Bleeds

The Holy Terror
I ran the gamut of emotions while reading this book; first I was annoyed, then bored, sad, excited, and finally happy. What's interesting, now that I think about it, is that my emotions ran parallel to what Kate was feeling at the time, which I have to say is a pretty outstanding feat for an author.

I spent the better part of the novel pissed off alongside Kate. The opening scene shows Kate waiting in her kitchen with the dinner she made cooling and her temper heating up. She thinks Curran stood...more
Jessica (Rabid Reads)
Geez, friggin', Louise . . .

Just in case you've somehow missed my enthusiasm for Kate #3, Magic Strikes, I'll say (at least) one more time that it is my favorite installment in a UF series ever.

And it is.

But Magic Bleeds gets 5 stars too.

It's maybe my second favorite installment in a UF series ever. It's been too long since I've read Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (best first installment in an UF series ever), to say for sure . . . but it's a close thing, either way.

And I love Magic Strikes and...more
Mrs. Badass
May 11, 2010 Mrs. Badass rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: UF lovers, Kate Daniels Fans, fans of a strong Female Lead
Shelves: arc-s
For over a month I have been writing and re-writing my review of Magic bleeds in my head. Last night as I was trying to sleep, I had the perfect review written, it was unfolding beautifully, words dancing around in my head with little effort. I should have gotten up to write it then, instead of waiting until it disappeared... Pregnancy insomnia at its finest, leaving you unable to sleep, but also, reluctant to physically get out of bed.

Magic Bleeds is essentially the turning point, the pivotal...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
May 20, 2011 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any fan of Urban Fantasy
Let's take a moment to review the things I love in this life.

*My husband and kids

*Diet Coke

*French Fries
Photobucket

*And an awesome little book, called Magic Bleeds.

I really didn't think the Kate Daniels series could actually get any better after Magic Strikes. But as good as that one was, this one was better.

As the book begins, Kate is preparing for that naked dinner she promised Curran. But he doesn't show. She calls The Keep and gets the brush off. And hours later, she decides she's been played fo...more
Kat Kennedy
Aug 11, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Only my bestest, best friends!
Recommended to Kat Kennedy by: Bry
"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."
— Paul Sweeney

Now I have no idea who Paul Sweeney is. I could hazard a guess that his occupation is a barber and he swings toward the demonic side of life, but I have a feeling that this would be inaccurate. Please forgive me. I'm an illiterate, poorly educated plebeian - I admit it.

I also ask the many Kate Daniels fans on my friends list to forgive me. I made you think, in my first revi...more
Lora
Sep 05, 2011 Lora rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the previous books
While the covers never cease being hideous, each installment in the Kate Daniels series hasn't ceased to entertain me thus far. The fourth installment, Magic Bleeds, features a crocodile shapeshifter, a splendid impersonation of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and a battle to end all battles. It is one hell of a ride.

I think one of the best things about this series is that it is appealing to both genders. It has lots of action, which of course men like, but I think I speak for all women when I say that we l...more
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Yeap...Another one done just like that! Once again the book was in the "best" category full of action, mystery and romance. This series is one of a kind, every book leaves you panting for more.

Unknown disease spreading baddies have been starting brawls at bars in several cities and now they have reached their target. Atlanta and the Pack are about to meet 7 undead magic users controlled by Erra, an ancient Babylonian goddess of chaos and terror and biological aunt of our one and only Kate Daniel...more
Bry
Read May 24, 2010:

My favorite book of the year. Bar none. Yes, I loved it even more than Patricia Briggs Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) which I almost feel bad saying. And while I knew this book would be awesome I had no idea the Andrews team would so completely knock it out of the park as they did. This book was incredible. I mean it. I am sitting here laughing like a giddy schoolchild and desperately want to turn back to the beginning to read it again. (Not that I didn't already reread w...more
Evgeny
Buddy read with Armina, Eilonwy, Asya, and Monty Cupcake.

Kate Daniels, an expert swordswoman works for the Order of Knights - an organization which solves magic problems. Kate does her solving part by chopping the given problem into small pieces with her sword appropriately called Slayer. When she is called to investigate a fight in a bar right on the border between two of the most powerful groups in Atlanta it seems like a regular assignment, only it turns out to be anything but. Kate also has...more
GHOULIO™
in the eye of the tiger curran.

more of the same, but much better, structurally, than any of the previous three books.

i have issues with some of the language, as usual; these authors are occasionally clumsy, and unpolished, but not always—which is why their mistakes stand-out so vividly when i see them. most of the time it's great, with terrific flow and an appealing voice to the first-person POV.

okay, so, that's me being bored and trying to write about anything but what i really want to write ab...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Re-read...YAY I'm finally to my favorite book in the series for my re-read before Magic Breaks

Review after Re-read 7/15/14

photo highsix_zpsab9390d3.gif

This was my favorite in the series the first time through and I believe it safely retains that ranking this time as well. In my first read through I remember hurrying through parts to get to what was going to happen between Kate and Curran. This time I have the luxury of knowing what will become of them so I was able to focus on all the other great stuff happening as well.

So...more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Song of choice: Nine Inch Nails - We're in this Together

:looks at the cover:

:scratches chin:

:imagines Kate saying "My sword is bigger than yours":

Seems legit.

Magic Bleeds was such a damn fun ride! Kate is as awesome as ever, the gang’s all there plotting and.. existing? Grendel stole my heart!!! And Curran is the biggest asshole you can ever see on the face of the planet.

An asshole in the best of ways, yes.

Why am I calling the poor sweetheart dude an asshole? First of all because he’s been one s...more
Angie
You May authors, you. What are you trying to do to me? I toss and turn in reading slump hell for what seems like weeks on end and then you present me with a string of top-notch books and it's like emerging from a drought into hip-deep water. With mermaids. And flying fish. And seals. What? I like seals. I have to thank the tremendously benevolent KMont of Lurv a la Mode for seeing that an actual living, breathing (oh, you know what I mean) copy of MAGIC BLEEDS made it into my hot little hands be...more
Liz*
4.5 Stars

Half star for the last 50 pages! *__*

Everyone out there who's read A Game of Thrones will probably remember this scene. If you've not, then don't read this. (view spoiler)...more
Maggie
I have zero clue what's been going on in the world the past 3 days. However, I now know the real reason Snoop changed his name from Dogg to Lion. Curran.

How is this series just getting better and better with every book? As if I didn't love Katelanta (Curran County? I need to talk to Jermaine Dupri about this) enough already, Ilona Andrews throws in a POODLE and more Princess Bride. That's in addition to the standard A+ banter and toe curling chemistry.

(view spoiler)...more
AH

Wow! I had so much fun reading this book. I wanted to share every funny line with all of my Goodreads friends. I couldn’t stop updating my status with all the good lines (and there were many). So much happens in this book. I just didn’t want it to end.

The book begins with Kate, fulfilling her side of a bargain, cooking her naked dinner for Curran. When Curran doesn’t show for dinner, Kate is devastated. You expect Kate to fly off the handle, go crazy, run to the Keep and confront Curran, but thi...more
Anne

This book probably saved my sanity. Really.
We went camping a few days ago. And I hate camping even when everything goes perfectly. This time, the boys and I got a stomach bug.
It wasn't one of those debilitating bugs, unfortunately, because then we could have left.
It was just one of those bugs that made you 'uncomfortable'.
1:00 am
*ACHOO!*
Moooooom!!!!
I sharted!

Do you have any idea what it's like to have to walk a kid (who has shit in their pants) down to a woodsy 'bathhouse' at 1:00 i...more
Beanbag Love
I can't tell you how sad I am that this is the last of Andrews's published novels for this series (available, there are at least three more expected). I wanted to read it slowly, I really did. But no, I stayed up way too late and then started back up first thing this morning. But what can you do?

This fourth installment of the Kate Daniels series is very exciting. Total edge-of-your-seat entertainment. And ... get ready for it ... ROMANCE! Yes, romance lovers, we're finally gettin' somewhere. And...more
Felicia
YES! I'm being spoiled lately, all my favorite series are coming out with new books all at once! Once again, thank you Ilona Andrews, SUPER FUN RIDE! I love the natural progression of the plot of this series, this author never treads water, and it looks like the next book will be even more action=packed! But the cool thing is, unlike other series where middle books feel unsatisfying, this book as a whole delivers. I love where the romance went, I love that big things happen but it never felt lik...more
Lightreads
Okay, so I didn’t laugh quite as hard as I did when Kim Harrison helpfully informed us that witches have extra vaginal muscles that clamp down more the better the orgasm (still funny!). But props where props are due, I did giggle when the heroine of this book momentarily worried that a condom wouldn’t fit. And I LOLed repeatedly and often through the intricacies of werelion sex – he has a refractory period of two minutes! Because he’s a lion!

I laugh, but the more paranormal/urban fantasy I read...more
TJ
I cannot believe I have actually turned into a full-fledged, giddy, squeely, girlfan over this series! I'm a serious, level headed book reviewer for heavens sake! There is just something about Kate Daniels, her world and most especially, her significant other that draws you in, wraps you up and doesn't let you go. The amazing thing is that it just keeps getting better and better with each new book.

Along with the edge-of-your-seat suspense, the romance between Curran and Kate ratchets up into a...more
Steph
Duplicate Listing

1st read:
2 Jun 2010
Re-read: 14 Jun 2011

[2nd Review ~ Rating remains]

FANTASTIC!! 5++★

Magic Bleeds is the best book of the series, IMO. As the author promised, Kate & Curran have to pick "fight or flight" for their relationship. Kate's heritage continues to keep her from getting close to those around her, but she's begun to open up to Curran and a very few others. We learn more about Curran, how he became Beast Lord. And Kate acquires a new best friend, a shaggy poodle! :)...more
Carla *Jen7waters*

Take my heart, Ilona. I don’t need it anymore.

* * *

My goodness…THIS BOOK.
Photobucket

I loved it so, so, SO much! Every moment, every scene, every line. Everything! Even the mythology was spot on this time. That Erra was nasty. It’s hard to believe she’s related to Kate. Ugh.

The beginning was so exciting, with Kate preparing the naked dinner and all, but then everything went wrong, and I was almost pulling my hair out, where the hell was Curran?! But the writers were right; it would have been too soon to ha...more
Heather C
I loved every moment of this book!

What I loved most:
~Kick-Ass Kate
~The attack poodle
~The welding shut of the slut hut
~Curran scaring the shit out of Saiman
~The sex
~Croc Lady
~Dali's driving
~Beast Lord sized bath tub
~Apple pie
~Goth Julie
~Kate's Challenge
~and last but not least...Your Furriness!
Catherine
*Originally Read 6/17/10*

How unoriginal, I decided to give this one a four star grade too. I can't edge it up into the 5 star territory because, well, I just don't think it's that good. But it's better than average, so I can't give it only three stars. I wish we had half stars too. Then I could at least be a bit more specific about my grade.

Honestly, I expected this one to be better. I was doing alright, coasting along, reading the book... Until I found out who the main villain is. After that my...more
~Tina~
Definitely my favorite out of all of them, but the entire series is simply epic! Can't believe it's taken me so long to read these!
Best UF since Fever!!

Mandi Schreiner
MISS VAIN
This book was AMAZING. I LOVED it! I cheered, I laughed, I may have even cried...;)
How could I not adore Kate Daniels and all her misfit friends! She's hilarious, and I devoured every page of this book.

Wow!!!! Curran has become one sexy Beast Lord. I just can't get enough of him.

This book was filled so many funny laugh out loud moments it's difficult to pin point one but I especially loved when Dali (basically an almost blind/cross-eyed vegetarian were-tiger) picked Kate up in her car nickname...more
Darcy
This was a great book all sorts of things happen which will make it hard to review without letting them slip. The book starts out with the infamous dinner date between Kate and Curran, but it is Kate and Curran so you know things never go as planned, as so it goes from there.

Kate verbally spars with Curran for much of the book and when she isn't doing that, she is actually fighting him and I don't know which one is better, unless it is when they start to compromise.

Thinking she knew all there...more
Alkyoni

Today I jumped out of bed with a huge smile on my face and did a little dance because I just knew that this day was gonna be great. No, I'm not 12 and it's not Christmas. No, I'm not having a date with Clive Owen.

It's Saturday and I don't have to go to work, I don't HAVE TO do anything other than make a huge cup and coffee and sit back in utter bliss and read the Kate Daniels series.

Lots of action in this one, plus one of my favorite villains of all time, plus some wonderful scenes between Cur...more
  • Curran; Magic Strikes Hot Tub Scene (Curran POV, #4)
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
  • Curse the Dawn (Cassandra Palmer, #4)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files #2)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a be...more
More about Ilona Andrews...
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) On the Edge (The Edge, #1)

“I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire.” 429 likes
“He leaned his head to me, his neck so close to my lips, I felt the heat coming off his skin. His breath was warm against my ear. His voice was a ragged snarl. "I miss you."
This wasn't happening.
"I worry about you." He dipped his head and looked into my eyes. "I worry something stupid will happen and I won't be there and you'll be gone. I worry we won't ever get a chance and it's driving me out of my skull."
No, no, no, no.........
We stared at each other. The tiny space between us felt too hot. Muscles bulged on his naked frame. He looked feral.
Mad gold eyes stared into mine. "Do you miss me, Kate?"
I closed my eyes trying to shut him out. I could lie then we would be back to square one. Nothing would be resolved. I'd still be alone, hating him and wanting him.
He grabbed my shoulders and shook me once. "Do you miss me?"
I took the plunge. "Yes.”
384 likes