Still Standing

Still Standing

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  10 reviews
ThereOCOs nothing the liberal media love to attack more than a conservative celebrity. Unless itOCOs a "female" conservative celebrity. Make that a "beautiful" female conservative celebrity.
So, when a California beauty queen had the audacity ? the nerve ? to stand up for traditional marriage in front of a national televised audience, well then, the liberal media went craz...more
Unknown Binding, 213 pages
Published May 27th 2014 by Not Avail (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Still Standing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Standing

John
Nov 16, 2009 John rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: viruses
There are too many books, and life is too short to waste reading this garbage. I'll wait for the video(s).
Tara
Jan 07, 2010 Tara added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sarah Palin fans, Fox News viewers
I'm not sure what to rate this book, because I didn't take it seriously and it was pretty much what I expected. If you're wondering what to think of Carrie Prejean and this book, let me give you a quote: "There are few women I respect more than Sarah Palin[.:]" If you also respect Sarah Palin, this is definately the book for you. If you don't respect Sarah Palin, this might still be the book for you. ;D

I'm sure there are people who have given this book to young girls in an attempt to show them a...more
It was interesting to read Carrie's side of the story, especially because I dind't really follow the story in the media, I only knew enought that she had her crown taken away and she had to answer a question about marriage.

The book was to be expected in that it was mostly Carrie telling her side of the story, defending herself, and coming off as she did nothing wrong.

I liked her point about the liberal media vs. conservatives and found some truth in it. Her last chapter encourages girls and wom...more
Ashley Macmillan-cardy
I picked this book up recently after coming across some of Carrie Prejean's interviews on YouTube. I actually enjoyed this book, and found it to be quite an eye opener. Whether you agree with Prejean's views or not, her right to freedom of speech does stand, and she was discriminated against because she exercised that right. At times she does come off as bitter and immature, but one has to remember she is young, and what she went through was not easy. It was an interesting read, and I would reco...more
Ashley Enderton
This book would be useful for a teenage girl who might be feeling pressured to go against her values or is confused even about what values are important to her. I think then, yes she would benefit from this book. Other than that, it was interesting to read about the behind-the-scenes world of pagentry and some of the obstacles Carrie has had to overcome, but I wish the truth truth would come out... can she really be as innocent as she comes off in this book? I would hope so.
Dannielle Buckley
It was inspiring and uplifting. The last few chapters were the absolute best when she offers advice to young people based on what she learned from her mistakes. I am really impressed by this young woman by her courage, strength, dignity, and her ability to write with such eloquence. She has a beautiful heart as well as being beautiful on the outside.
Natisha
Couldn't wait for this book to come out after hearing about her story. I got it the day it came out & was amazed by what all she went through. This is truly a great true life story and intrigued me so much. Never stop standing up for your beliefs. I'd love to read it again!
A. Aïda
An interesting story worth examining if you were intrigued by the "scandal" that surrounded it. Not the best writing I've ever read, but Prejean never claimed to be Jane Austen. Overall an okay book.
Mary Elizabeth Morton
I am proud of Carrie for having the strength to stand up for what she believes in. Way to go girlie!
Rick
Still think there isn't a militant hate-filled gay agenda in this country? Give this book a read.
Dan
Dan is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Nikki
Nikki added it
Jan 07, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Kathleen Cullen-morris
Kathleen Cullen-morris marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Gamela
Gamela marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
Minnie
Minnie marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
INAPPROPRIATE 1 11 Nov 12, 2009 10:00PM
Caroline Michelle "Carrie" Prejean Boller is an American model, author, former Miss California USA 2009 and Miss USA 2009 first runner-up. Prejean received national attention in 2009 through a series of events that occurred after pageant judge and gossip blogger Perez Hilton used his final question in the Miss USA pageant to ask Prejean about same-sex marriage laws in the United States, and used h...more
More about Carrie Prejean...