Start by marking “Prairie Home Breads: 150 Splendid Recipes from America's Breadbasket” as Want to Read:
Prairie Home Breads: 150 Splendid Recipes from America's Breadbasket

Prairie Home Breads: 150 Splendid Recipes from America's Breadbasket

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Prairie Home Breads proves that not only is the Midwest where America’s grains are grown, but it’s also where the art of bread baking is taken seriously.

To create these 150 recipes, Judith M. Fertig visited artisanal bakeries, working farmhouse kitchens, rural church suppers, urban bakeries, farmer’s markets, and typical home kitchens. She found yeast breads as varied as A
Published September 7th 2001 by Harvard Common Press (first published February 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Prairie Home Breads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prairie Home Breads

Nancy
Got this from the library and there are several recipes I need to try. I really want to try the pear bread. I was also pleasantly surprised to see some dessert recipes and jelly/jam/preserve recipes. I need to track down a copy to own.
Tina
I really enjoyed the stories, tips and recipes in this. I liked it so much I bought it off of Amazon after borrowing it from the library.
Donna Jo Atwood
Need to find a copy of this to buy
Sara Jane Dixon
Sara Jane Dixon marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Pam
Pam added it
Oct 23, 2014
Kity
Kity marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Diana Duncan
Diana Duncan marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Susie
Susie marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2012
Angie
Angie added it
Jun 29, 2011
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Judith Fertig is a debut novelist and award-winning cookbook author. Flavor speaks to her in stories and recipes, whether for baking or barbecue.

She resides in Overland Park, Kansas, which is not quite somewhere-over-the-rainbow, but close.
More about Judith M. Fertig...
Heartland: The Cookbook The Artisan Bread Machine: 250 Recipes for Breads, Rolls, Flatbreads and Pizzas 200 Fast and Easy Artisan Breads: No-Knead, One Bowl Prairie Home Cooking: 400 Recipes that Celebrate the Bountiful Harvests, Creative Cooks, and Comforting Foods of the American Heartland I Love Cinnamon Rolls!