Start by marking “Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)

Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven #1-5)

4.58  ·  Rating Details ·  5,767 Ratings  ·  322 Reviews
Fablehaven fans will treasure this boxed set edition of the complete series. All five books are contained inside a box that resembles the Quiet Box found in the Fablehaven dungeon. Destined to be a classic in children s literature, the Fablehaven fantasy series boxed set will make an unforgettable gift and a wonderful keepsake. Books in the New York Times bestselling Fable ...more
Published December 13th 2010 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Fablehaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fablehaven

Sophie
Sep 19, 2011 Sophie rated it it was amazing
This is the BEST series ever!! I am currently re-reading the fifth book for the third time, and again,I CAN NOT put it down!! I Recommend this to anybody who is anybody, and more. Especially if you are trying to get someone to like reading more. My brother used to hate reading, in fact, it took months to finally convince him to read it, but now, HE won't put it down either!! Anyway,I think these are the best books ever, and you aren't going to get a description out of me, because there is no way ...more
Cj W
The main characters of the story, are:

Seth, a young boy who honestly, I would kill if he were mine. lol. He gets into the worst mischief! But the things he does, are all for a purpose and all play a part in the ending and if he hadn't of gotten into the trouble he does, they would not have been able to survive through as many things as they did before the end.

His sister is Kendra, a sweet and kind hearted young girl who although she was afraid of many things, stood up to those fears and was able
Aeyla
Apr 22, 2011 Aeyla rated it it was amazing
Probably the main thing I noticed about this book was the feeling you get as you go through the series. You feel as if the plot grows with each detail Kendra and Seth learn about the magical civilization that has been living right under world's nose for as long as history itself. As I describe it to my friends, the first book is sorta good, the second book is good, the third book is really good, the fourth book is amazing, and by the time you get to the fifth book, you are so engaged in the seri ...more
Glen
Jan 30, 2017 Glen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you liked Harry Potter Boxset, you have to at least try Fablehaven. Both series are excellent and target a similar audience.

The first 4 books of Fablehaven earned a solid 5 stars due to great humor, difficult social situations, enjoyable characters, and a compelling storyline. The writing style is simple, but of excellent quality. Though it's fantasy, there is enough puzzle solving to read almost like a mystery. The last book was 3 stars because while it still had some great moments, the char
Katie
Oct 31, 2011 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
I really liked this entire series. I thought that the series and the characters matured from book to book and I was consistently entertained by the stories. While they are sometimes predictable (they are written for a younger audience, after all), there were certainly twists and turns along the way that I didn’t see coming. The last book was a bit slow to start, but that didn’t detract from the overall entertainment value. I liked they way that the book handled the maturation of the main child c ...more
Brian
Oct 12, 2010 Brian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun
Another great bookset. The first book started a bit slow for me, but once the secrets started to reveal themselves, then the book became a lot of fun to read.

One thing that I really enjoyed with this series is that the books seem to be one long story split across the books as oppposed to 5 books that had overlapping stories. I was a bit frustrated at times of how Seth kept making poor decisions, but things turned out well.

There was also some inspiring counsel given from a relative to Seth which
Karen Christensen
Apr 03, 2011 Karen Christensen rated it it was amazing
My kids got me to read this set, and I got hooked! The story moves fast and has so many unexpected twists that it was a really fun ride. I loved that the author inserted little bits of wisdom along the lines of making good choices and facing the consequences of your choices. Great set of books!
Mina -ISB
Nov 04, 2010 Mina -ISB rated it it was amazing
This entire series was absolutely fantastic. It's meant for younger readers but I love it. I've restarted the series 4 times, each before a new book came out. The imaginative plot line and characters make it a pleasure to read. Even as a 16 year old.. It's really quite fantastic.
Kim
Sep 16, 2010 Kim rated it liked it
I read this series one after another, so the books all kind of blur together. Overall I was entertained by the story. It doesn't go into my list of favorites, but I enjoyed them.
Paul Russell
Mar 19, 2017 Paul Russell rated it really liked it
I was 27, never able to finish a novel all the way through, and picked up the first book in this series. It was my nephew's book and was sitting on the shelf in the living room when I saw it. I was home by myself and bored, so I started reading it. I found myself blasting through it, and ended up finishing in a weeks time. Thus began my addiction to books. I bought the whole series of five books and read them. Reading is one of my favorite past times now.
Becky
Jul 17, 2013 Becky rated it it was amazing
I just finished my adventures in Fablehaven and to be perfectly honest, I feel sad that it's over with. I picked up the Kindle edition complete series of Fablehaven (all five books) after reading the excellent reviews - mostly adults who'd said they'd picked up the books for their kids but had fallen in love with the series and read all of the books themselves, first. I am already planning to re-read the books in the very near future!

The series has several main characters although the two most p
Megan
Dec 07, 2010 Megan rated it really liked it
Fablehaven is a great fantasy series. I love what Brandon Mull has done with this storyline and all the places he has taken it. The series starts out with Kendra and her brother Seth who have been sentenced to spend their summer vacation with their grandparents while their parents go on a cruise. The kids disappointment suddenly vanishes when they discover that their mysterious grandparents are actually the caretakers for a preserve for magical and mystical creatures. The kids have fun exploring ...more
Adam Bouzianis
I thought that the Fablehaven series was amazing. This is the second time that I have read this series and it just gets better and better each time. I think that this series should be recommended to everyone because it is just that good. My favorite one in the series would have to be the Fifth one because I like the battle between both worlds. The one disappointment in the series is that the little brother always was blamed for the problems that happened and Kendra never got into trouble. I thin ...more
Bethany
Mar 02, 2017 Bethany rated it it was amazing
Fablehaven is somewhere that I want to live. It's mysterious and an adventure. The characters are relatable and lovable. If you love fantasy then you need to read these books.
Emily
Jun 07, 2011 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(sigh) this has to be one of my absolute favorite series, becuse it has just enough fariy forest and the right amount of action and mysteries to have you not want to put it down! The only thing that wasnt my favorite was that every 5 chapters or so there would be a picture, but they were pretty good pictures and they didn't give away to much of the story for it to matter. So i survived and ended up having some new favorite books! :)
Christy
Feb 15, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
Was a great series. Easy read for young adults and even those that are younger that have a somewhat advanced reading ability. I would recommend this for anyone who is into Harry Potter type mystery, some mystic animals/people, spells, and magic. Has a great spin off of fairies and dragons with a hint of vampires and demons. If you into any of these then my advice is to at least read the first book...it will hook you in.
Annalisa
Mar 03, 2011 Annalisa rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this series! I know I might get flack for this, but I actually like it better than Harry Potter. It's not quite as dark as HP and I love how the author ties lessons and morals into the story. At the end of the book he has a list of questions for the reader think about when they finish. Our whole family has read them and we all LOVE them!
Janet
Dec 31, 2016 Janet rated it it was amazing
Two sibling kids from polar opposite personalities are heroes in Fablehaven! The older sister Kendra is a RULE Follower like most of first-born siblings can relate to. The younger brother Seth is a BRAVE Adventurer like most last-born siblings can relate to. And of course we NEED BOTH Honor and Courage if we are going to survive! So YES she is right and YES he is right TOO!
Amvell
Dec 25, 2011 Amvell rated it it was amazing
this book wa sso good! if you love action packed adventures this book is for you! i have read many books and this one is at the top of my favorite list! i couldnt put it down. at the time i was reading Fable haven i wasnt much of a reader, but i definatly was after this amazing novel. the beggining starts out kinda boring, but it get alot better and is not a slow read.
Britni
Jul 20, 2011 Britni rated it it was amazing
A very different approach to fantasy.A different perspective on mythical creatures and living amongst them. The first few chapters of the first book are little slow, but once you get into it, you cannot stop reading. I am a fan of the uprising author, Mull. All his books are really good!
Heidi Metcalf
Jan 14, 2012 Heidi Metcalf rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorites! The writing is exceptional and keeps you in the story right next to the characters. I can't wait till my kids are old enough to read these stories.
Mary
Jul 16, 2012 Mary rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-juv, fantasy-scifi
I almost gave the series four stars, except that I probably won't end up reading it again. I still recommend it, though!

Great:
Canon
Settings

Good:
Plot
Foreshadowing

Fair:
Characters
Dialog
Randi Cox
Jun 17, 2017 Randi Cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

One of the best book series I have ever read. I read them all within a month. If you enjoy fantasy like Harry Potter, you will love these books. The author writes magnificently and the story captures every emotion. I highly recommend this series.
Leslie Anduyan
Shelves: amazing
Full review coming soon!
Zoe Hamner
Mar 11, 2017 Zoe Hamner rated it it was amazing
I loved the last book so much!!!! When I finished it I went to go get the next book...only to remember that this was the last one! I wanted to cry!!! I highly HIGHLY recommend this book series!!! So good!
Leann Garrison
Mar 08, 2017 Leann Garrison rated it really liked it
really loved this series. the first book is a bit slow and underwhelming but the rest of the series is amazing. super creative and even thought provoking. twists and turns in the story line you really don't expect. one of those stories you wish was real so you could go live on the farm yourself.
Ruth
Aug 02, 2015 Ruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this seires, but there were some problems. The Sphinx was not very villainous, and truly believed that he was doing the right thing, which kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Here is the list of the problems I had with each book.
Fablehaven 1:Fablehaven
-It was to slow; I didn't like the pace that it inched along at, and the dull description of action at the end. It described everything in to much detail, which made the mental pictures in my head that I liked go bad.
-I didn't like the drawin
Gender and Race in Fablehaven 1 2 Feb 10, 2017 05:50AM
FableHaven 2 9 Oct 10, 2011 01:28PM
  • Septimus Heap Box Set: Magyk and Flyte (Septimus Heap, #1-2)
  • The Books of Bayern Box Set, Books 1-3
  • Leven Thumps- The Complete Series (Leven Thumps, #1-5)
  • Henry VIII: The Mask of Royalty
  • Gregor the Overlander Box Set (Underland Chronicles, #1-5)
  • The Monsters of Otherness (Erec Rex, #2)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-5)
  • The Ruins of Gorlan / The Burning Bridge / The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice #1-3)
  • Cleopatra: A Biography
  • The Horn of Moran (Adventurers Wanted, #2)
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set (Bartimaeus, #1-3)
  • Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)
  • Blue Bloods Novel Collection (Blue Bloods, #1-5)
  • Number 13 (Lightmasters, #1)
  • Dragon Games (The Books of Umber, #2)
  • Oh My Gods: A Modern Retelling of Greek and Roman Myths
  • For the Strength of Youth: Fulfilling Our Duty to God
  • Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Collection (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1-5)
Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy S ...more
More about Brandon Mull...

Fablehaven (5 books)
  • Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)

“If you have to travel,” Coulter said, “I can’t think of a better way than the Translocator.” “I know, I’m getting spoiled,” Warren replied. “I’m not sure I’ll be able to do airports ever again.” Tanu nodded. “No customs, no checked bags, no tiny seats for ten hours at a time.” “What are you griping about?” Warren said. “You hibernate like a grizzly on those long flights.” “I sleep to escape the torture,” Tanu maintained.” 8 likes
“Vannessa wasn't wrong.” 8 likes