Start by marking “Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)

Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven #1-5)

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  3,351 ratings  ·  234 reviews
Fablehaven fans will treasure this boxed set edition of the complete series. All five books are contained inside a box that resembles the Quiet Box found in the Fablehaven dungeon. Destined to be a classic in children s literature, the Fablehaven fantasy series boxed set will make an unforgettable gift and a wonderful keepsake. Books in the New York Times bestselling Fable ...more
Published December 13th 2010 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Fablehaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fablehaven

Cj W
The main characters of the story, are:

Seth, a young boy who honestly, I would kill if he were mine. lol. He gets into the worst mischief! But the things he does, are all for a purpose and all play a part in the ending and if he hadn't of gotten into the trouble he does, they would not have been able to survive through as many things as they did before the end.

His sister is Kendra, a sweet and kind hearted young girl who although she was afraid of many things, stood up to those fears and was able
Aeyla
Probably the main thing I noticed about this book was the feeling you get as you go through the series. You feel as if the plot grows with each detail Kendra and Seth learn about the magical civilization that has been living right under world's nose for as long as history itself. As I describe it to my friends, the first book is sorta good, the second book is good, the third book is really good, the fourth book is amazing, and by the time you get to the fifth book, you are so engaged in the seri ...more
Sophie
This is the BEST series ever!! I am currently re-reading the fifth book for the third time, and again,I CAN NOT put it down!! I Recommend this to anybody who is anybody, and more. Especially if you are trying to get someone to like reading more. My brother used to hate reading, in fact, it took months to finally convince him to read it, but now, HE won't put it down either!! Anyway,I think these are the best books ever, and you aren't going to get a description out of me, because there is no way ...more
Brian
Oct 12, 2010 Brian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fun
Another great bookset. The first book started a bit slow for me, but once the secrets started to reveal themselves, then the book became a lot of fun to read.

One thing that I really enjoyed with this series is that the books seem to be one long story split across the books as oppposed to 5 books that had overlapping stories. I was a bit frustrated at times of how Seth kept making poor decisions, but things turned out well.

There was also some inspiring counsel given from a relative to Seth which
Mina -ISB
This entire series was absolutely fantastic. It's meant for younger readers but I love it. I've restarted the series 4 times, each before a new book came out. The imaginative plot line and characters make it a pleasure to read. Even as a 16 year old.. It's really quite fantastic.
Kim
I read this series one after another, so the books all kind of blur together. Overall I was entertained by the story. It doesn't go into my list of favorites, but I enjoyed them.
Becky
I just finished my adventures in Fablehaven and to be perfectly honest, I feel sad that it's over with. I picked up the Kindle edition complete series of Fablehaven (all five books) after reading the excellent reviews - mostly adults who'd said they'd picked up the books for their kids but had fallen in love with the series and read all of the books themselves, first. I am already planning to re-read the books in the very near future!

The series has several main characters although the two most p
Megan
Fablehaven is a great fantasy series. I love what Brandon Mull has done with this storyline and all the places he has taken it. The series starts out with Kendra and her brother Seth who have been sentenced to spend their summer vacation with their grandparents while their parents go on a cruise. The kids disappointment suddenly vanishes when they discover that their mysterious grandparents are actually the caretakers for a preserve for magical and mystical creatures. The kids have fun exploring ...more
Emily Dejan
"Fablehaven" is one of the best series of books I have ever read...and I read A LOT. The characters are so well-drawn that you get to know each one quite well. The writing style is so enjoyable and easy to read. Sometimes the action is non-stop. Other times the characters slow down an "smell the roses" and you get to enjoy the many species of the magical world the siblings are adventuring in. I absolutely love Seth. He is a young boy who causes so much mischief that his family and the sanctuary ...more
Edmond Porter
The first book introduces a strange world of mystical creatures and two young siblings, Kendra and Seth, who are introduced into that world by their grandparents. As the series progresses Kendra and Seth become more central characters in the story as they learn to use the magic gifts that they inherit. Seth often behaves just as you would expect a pre-teen may do and gets not only himself but many others into terrible situations. Kendra on the other hand is very serious and hates going against t ...more
Emily
(sigh) this has to be one of my absolute favorite series, becuse it has just enough fariy forest and the right amount of action and mysteries to have you not want to put it down! The only thing that wasnt my favorite was that every 5 chapters or so there would be a picture, but they were pretty good pictures and they didn't give away to much of the story for it to matter. So i survived and ended up having some new favorite books! :)
Amvell
this book wa sso good! if you love action packed adventures this book is for you! i have read many books and this one is at the top of my favorite list! i couldnt put it down. at the time i was reading Fable haven i wasnt much of a reader, but i definatly was after this amazing novel. the beggining starts out kinda boring, but it get alot better and is not a slow read.
Annalisa
Love, love, love this series! I know I might get flack for this, but I actually like it better than Harry Potter. It's not quite as dark as HP and I love how the author ties lessons and morals into the story. At the end of the book he has a list of questions for the reader think about when they finish. Our whole family has read them and we all LOVE them!
Karen Christensen
My kids got me to read this set, and I got hooked! The story moves fast and has so many unexpected twists that it was a really fun ride. I loved that the author inserted little bits of wisdom along the lines of making good choices and facing the consequences of your choices. Great set of books!
Britni
A very different approach to fantasy.A different perspective on mythical creatures and living amongst them. The first few chapters of the first book are little slow, but once you get into it, you cannot stop reading. I am a fan of the uprising author, Mull. All his books are really good!
Mary
I almost gave the series four stars, except that I probably won't end up reading it again. I still recommend it, though!

Great:
Canon
Settings

Good:
Plot
Foreshadowing

Fair:
Characters
Dialog
Heidi Metcalf
One of my all time favorites! The writing is exceptional and keeps you in the story right next to the characters. I can't wait till my kids are old enough to read these stories.
Rachel
I have never written a review before, nor have I ever wanted to write one, but this series warranted a review. It was outstanding.

I originally bought this series for my 10 year old son. I decided I would start reading it first, so we could have some discussion over it. By the way, there is a whole bunch of discussion questions at the end of each book, which I think is GREAT.

This series is completely engaging. I wasn't able to put it down. When I reached the end of the 4th book, I found myself
Linda Correia
I loved this series and could not get enough. I bought it for my son and went on Amazon and got the set. The characters are rich and well connected, the creatures and fantasy aspect is loosely tied to mythology so we get a base frame of reference, the stories flow from one book to the next. And one thing I really appreciate is that the author didn't spend a lot of time recapping the previous book.

I loved all the twists and the challenges, though by the 4 the book they were starting to feel a bi
Elizabethcd96
One of the books thats I read this trimester is Fablehaven: Keys To The Demon Prison by: Brandon Mull. This book is about a girl and a boy who live on a magical preserve in the middle of nowhere. Their names are Kendra and Seth. Kendra and Seth are no ordinary kids. Kendra is fairy-kind, which means that she can communicate with fairy’s, she can see in dark perfectly, she can recharge magical objects and many more perks. Seth is a shadow charmer which means he can speak with the dead and the de ...more
Francesco
Vote: 3,60
Class: L-A2 (FP)

(La serie è composta da cinque libri che concorrono a completare un'unica storia e non possono essere letti indipendentemente l'uno dall'altro)

La serie di Fablehaven è fondamentalmente una fiaba per bambini. Anche se a tratti sembra diventare più profonda e matura e acquista attrattiva anche per persone più grandi, ritornano poi sempre le caratteristiche dei libri per bambini: non hai mai veramente timore per i giovani protagonisti, anche quando sono in situazioni appar
Danie Tanaka
What do I want to say since this finishing, this amazing series? I'm in love with Fablehaven. I want to go live on a preserve. I wish I was fairy kind or at least fairy struck!! I want to know a Unicorn's avatar! This series was really one of the most UNIQUE tales I've ever read and I'm sorry for it to be the end.

First set of books full of magic and the struggle of light and dark in the book sections of Young Adult/Fantasy that have literally captured my heart and riled my imagination to splendo
Carolyn Seiver
I couldnt help it. I bought the first book in this series and before I was half way through,I bought the other four. I was so enthralled with the characters,plotline and wonderful story-telling that I had to have them. All.Right.Now. Brandon Mull completely outdid himself with the sheer pleasure these books give.The Fablehaven plot itself isnt necessarily a new concept,fairy tale creatures living amongst humans,however,our author makes a grand escape from the usual doldrums of such stories with ...more
a_tiffyfit
Kendra and Seth Sorenson are sister and brother. Their maternal grandparents have just died and left an unusual will asking that their children and spouses go on a 17 day long cruise. Since grandchildren aren't invited on this cruise, Kendra and Seth are being dropped off at their paternal grandparent's house for a nice long visit. But there are some strange things going on: Grandpa has some funny rules and where the heck is Grandma?! And why is the caretaker leaving little pans of milk everywhe ...more
Bethany
The characters were wonderful. Who wouldn't want to visit their grandparents and discover that all those creatures purported to be fictional were actually real? A bit of the child has to exist in the grown up for adults to enjoy fantasy, but Mull is a wonderful story teller and with the ability to suspend belief. All you have to do is enjoy the quest that these children take to preserve a world some of us would enjoy were it real. Take a chance!
Cabbie
This has always been one of my favorite series. Brandon Mull is incredibly imaginative. I categorize this book under "Quest" type books. These books (like the fourth Harry Potter) feature the protagonist trying compete a goal or get an item and along the way they must solve crazy puzzles and figure put how to outsmart traps. Mull has a real gift for writing these scenarios.
I would highly recommend this book for boys and girls of any age.
Rachel
Loved this series!! Book one started out a little slow but once i found out some of the secrets the story I couldn't put it down. I'm glad the whole series was already out when I started reading it. I would have loathed waiting between each book! My nearly 10-year old daughter is enjoying them just as much as I did. Any fan of Harry Potter would really like these books.
Dara
The first book was my least favorite of the series, and I felt like the last one was paced too quickly, but overall, this is a fantastically fun series! I couldn't put it down. I'll definitely be reading more by this author. I recommend it for fans of the Percy Jackson series; it's not mythology, but it does have all the magical creatures and objects you can imagine.
Clifford
Interesting craft problems in the narrative. The first book didn't find itself until the the grandmother character was introduced in the last third of the text. In the final book the author seemed to run out of energy and the narrative wrapped up with several threads either abandoned or ended through summary instead of scene. It died with a whimper not a bang.
Dana Baggarly
I read all these books as they came out. I loved everyone of them. fablehaven is such a mystical and magical place. When readings this series, I felt as if I were there through the whole adventure. I would really love to read some spin of stories of Raxtus. I know they would be two thumbs upand five stats worthy.
FableHaven 2 8 Oct 10, 2011 01:28PM
  • Septimus Heap Box Set: Magyk and Flyte (Septimus Heap, #1-2)
  • The Books of Bayern Box Set, Books 1-3
  • Leven Thumps- The Complete Series (Leven Thumps, #1-5)
  • The Three Furies (Erec Rex, #4)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-5)
  • The Ranger's Apprentice Collection Books 1-3 Box Set (The Ruins of Gorlan, The Burning Bridge, The Icebound Land)
  • Albrek's Tomb (Adventurers Wanted, #3)
  • Gregor the Overlander Box Set (Underland Chronicles, #1-5)
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy Boxed Set (Bartimaeus, #1-3)
  • Artemis Fowl Boxed Set, Bks 1-5 (Artemis Fowl, #1-5)
  • Cleopatra: A Biography
  • Dark Territory (The Tracks, #1)
  • The Travelers: Book Two (Pendragon: Before the War, #2)
  • Eragon, Eldest & Brisingr (Inheritance, #1-3)
  • Dragon Games (The Books of Umber, #2)
  • Immortal with a Kiss (Emma Andrews #2)
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
  • Oh My Gods: A Modern Retelling of Greek and Roman Myths
"Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy ...more
More about Brandon Mull...
Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1) Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3) Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4) Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2) Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)

“If you have to travel,” Coulter said, “I can’t think of a better way than the Translocator.” “I know, I’m getting spoiled,” Warren replied. “I’m not sure I’ll be able to do airports ever again.” Tanu nodded. “No customs, no checked bags, no tiny seats for ten hours at a time.” “What are you griping about?” Warren said. “You hibernate like a grizzly on those long flights.” “I sleep to escape the torture,” Tanu maintained.” 4 likes
“All right. Since the world is about to end, why not give an impossible jailbreak one last try?” 3 likes