Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Vol. 3: My Secret Life

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Vol. 3: My Secret Life (Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #5)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  9 reviews
You've watched Mary Jane's life progress through her eyes, now take a look at her through the eyes of her supporting cast. What do they think of her, especially now that she's...changed? And what does this change mean for her relationship with Peter Parker?

Plus: Gwen Stacy has a problem with Peter, and MJ has a secret.

Collects Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #11-15.
Published June 6th 2007 by Marvel

Cindy
Mary Jane puts up a front acting like a "plastic" to shield her emotions while Gwen is persistent in figuring out why peter's disappearing on her all the time. The story does center around Mary Jane, naturally, but when Peter gives into confiding in Gwen with his secret, the way he confronts Mary Jane about the situation was really straightforward. Peter Parker always puts up an exaggerated front to keep his secret identity in check, but there's signs here and there that show he's not a wimp/cow...more
Kitty
3.5 stars. Naive Mary, Annoying Gwen, Dumb Flash, Mean Liz, Jerky Harry, and Shy Peter. *sigh* I forgot how much I liked the comics.
Brad
Jul 26, 2007 Brad rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: girls. or boys like me that like comics aimed at girls
Shelves: comics, marvel, teenagers
Sean McKeever continues his Spider-Drama. In this installment, MJ frets about Peter's relationship with Gwen Stacy and tries to cover the hurt by being a flirt. Takeshi Miyazaki's artwork keeps growing on me. I wish there could've been a bit more action in this book, but this is all about the drama. Ultimate Spider-Man does a better job blending the two, but this is a nice second-best book.
Don
I totally love whenever a new volume comes out; it always makes me giggle with delight. It's also interesting that as fun and pleasurably melodramatic as a teen drama should be ... it also points out how a lot of the stupid behaviors we exhibit as adults are pretty much the exact same stupid behaviors we exhibited as teenagers. :P
Lauren
It was cool to see Sandman in this volume after watching him in the last Spiderman movie...and even the lil' Spidey doll made an appearance...how many times have I wanted to buy one of those at Target? Lots of fun...I can't wait to recommend this series to some young adults!
Dave
I think this book is aimed at young girls, but it is actually one of the best Spider-Man books currently on the rack. Disgustingly cute and sweet and fun.
Kate
Poor Mary Jane....too many boys to choose from....what's a girl to do? Teen angst at its best.
Steve
One of my favorite comic series ever.
Julie
Aug 02, 2009 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julie by: Danielle
Love the artwork, and the story is fun.
Scarlett Joan
Scarlett Joan marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Dominique Rios
Dominique Rios marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Jessica Runnoe
Jessica Runnoe marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Zach Amory
Zach Amory marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Ranson Smitherman
Ranson Smitherman marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Jory
Jory added it
Dec 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
After writing indie comics (such as the ensemble teen-drama The Waiting Place) for six years, Sean got his big break writing an issue of The Incredible Hulk for Marvel Comics in 2001. Since then, Sean has written hundreds of comics for Marvel, DC Comics and other publishers, including notable runs on Sentinel, Inhumans, Mystique, Marvel Adventures Spider-Man, Gravity, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, B...more
More about Sean McKeever...
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Vol. 1 Teen Titans, Vol. 8: Titans of Tomorrow Birds of Prey, Vol. 11: Metropolis or Dust Mary Jane, Vol. 1: Circle of Friends Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Vol. 2