Start by marking “Emily the Strange: Let There Be Dark (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #3 - The Dark Issue)” as Want to Read:

Emily the Strange: Let There Be Dark (Emily the Strange Dark Horse Comics Book series #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  9 reviews
There aren't many thirteen-year-olds with their own line of clothing, a series of best-selling books from Chronicle, and a firm finger on the pulse of all that is cool in the pop-culture underground. Then again, Emily always has been more than a little strange. To most people, journeying to "the dark side" might seem like a bad thing. But to Emily, the dark side is the per ...more
Published October 18th 2006 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Emily the Strange, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily the Strange

Emespre
Um, guessing my aunt didn't know what Emily the Strange was about when she gave me that shoulder bag. I never knew if it was an indie thing she thought I'd like or whether it was just because of the name.

It wasn't my kind of thing. The graphics seemed well done, from the little knowledge I have of them, and I enjoyed some of Emily's quips. It's kind of like the Addams Family with less spooky and more references to devil worship, though. So if you like that kind of irreverence, you'll probably re
Rain Misoa
Apr 10, 2012 Rain Misoa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Emily fans and people intrigued in the dark!
Recommended to Rain by: Library
Shelves: graphic-novels
(Just to let you know, I am going to write the same introduction as I did in my previous Emily the Strange review because... well... that's how I started with her! XD)

Emily the Strange. Man, do we go back. I've been a fan of hers since... well, years! I've always been a fan of the macabre and the grotesque. Anything that's dark and a little spooky. I love it all! I like getting the crap scared out of me so when I discovered Emily a few years back, I was quite glad. I like the weird elements that
Pamela ☼what?!? you want more gruel☼ Tee
First off, I'm hardly the target market for this book-- which I would think would be teens and and young twenty-somethings who are feeling their oats (as my grandmother used to say). Still I found this fairly entertaining. It's totally disrespectful, poking fun at everything from God to Marilyn Manson. Still its hard to get upset as every generation has something like this -- and it's better than "Leather Nun" and Mr. Natural.

THE SKINNY:::
I laughed out loud at points, but was sort of expecting a
Sue
the first part was a little too blasphemous for me but i enjoyed the rest of it. not as good as the second, but better than the first. will put 9th grade and up on them all. not sure if a lot of my students will get some of the references though.
Jostalady
I wanted to like it, it is very goth-there is even a nice Manson character. I like the dark art and Emily's image is very appealing. There is just something...over the top about it that makes it stupid.
areej
Major girl crush since I was so little. The book is so dark in a very cute way, you can always go back and read it for a good laugh.
Michelle
Aug 11, 2012 Michelle rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
did have Marilyn Manson and mention of butt plugs but not enough for me to give it more than one star.
I thought I would try again, but no. Still didn't gell. Mildly interesting, though.
the_gunners_babe
It's dark. It's funny. It's cute. It's Emily.

Charity
Charity marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Iris De rooij
Iris De rooij marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Caina Chapman
Caina Chapman marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Gayle Ismael
Gayle Ismael marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Mk
Mk marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Astrogirl
Astrogirl marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Ciara Olarte
Ciara Olarte marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Tasha
Tasha added it
Oct 21, 2014
Carl Mikael Blomkvist
Carl Mikael Blomkvist marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Jezebel
Jezebel marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Art of Emily The Strange
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Alyxandra Harvey Collection (Drake Chronicles, #1-3; Haunting Violet, #1)
  • Birth of the Pack (Weregirls, #1)
  • Pemba's Song: A Ghost Story
  • Do-Over
  • Vampire Kisses - Blood Relatives: Complete Edition
  • Summer (Witch Season, #1)
  • Artificial Things
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
  • Mary Jane
  • Just Joking
  • Vertigo: Winter's Edge (Graphic Novel)
  • On Fire: A Teen Wolf Novel
  • Bitten (Dangerous Girls, #1-2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 1
  • Salem Brownstone: All Along the Watchtowers
  • Mars, Volume 02
Reger's friend Nathan Carrico designed Emily in 1991 for a skateboard company in Santa Cruz, where Cosmic Debris was born. In his Santa Cruz garage (and later an artist warehouse in San Francisco) Reger created the designs, and with Matt Reed brought them into the fashion world by creating t-shirt designs that captured the essence of this mysterious young girl with 4 black cats. Since then, Cosmic ...more
More about Rob Reger...

Emily the Strange Dark Horse Comics Book series (10 books)
  • Emily The Strange: Chairman of the Bored (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #1 - The Boring Issue)
  • Emily The Strange: This Cover Got Lost (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #2 - The Lost Issue(s))
  • Emily the Strange: Rock Issue (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #4 - The Rock Issue)
  • Emily the Strange: Death (Emily the Strange: Dark Horse Series 2, #1)
  • The Alone Issue (Emily the Strange #4)
  • Emily The Strange: Lost, Dark, and Boring
  • Emily the Strange Volume 2: Rock, Death, Fake, Revenge, and Alone
  • Emily the Strange: The 13th Hour
  • Emily and the Strangers #1
The Lost Days (Emily the Strange Novels, #1) Stranger and Stranger (Emily the Strange Novels, #2) Dark Times (Emily the Strange Novels, #3) Piece of Mind (Emily the Strange Novels, #4) Emily's Secret Book of Strange (Emily the Strange Graphic Novels, #2)