Start by marking “Sneezy the Snowman” as Want to Read:
Sneezy the Snowman

Sneezy the Snowman

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  59 reviews
A snowman keeps doing things that make him melt, but the kids build him up again.
Published October 1st 2010 by Two Lions (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sneezy the Snowman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sneezy the Snowman

Brandi
I loved this book! As a story time presenter, I have to pick books that children will be drawn to and feel like they are interacting with the characters. This is definitely the best kind of book! The children love it!!! And Sneezy the Snowman, he is not too bright. The children love that it is actually the children in the story that solve his problems!!!! It is perfect for children ages 2 to 6!!!!
Danielle Zuhlke
Opening: Ask the students, "Have you ever gone outside to play in the snow?" Listen to the students' response and discuss. Then, say, "One time, I went outside to play in the snow, and then I got sick with a cold. My nose was all stuffed up and I kept sneezing. I drank hot cocoa to make myself feel warm and feel better. Have you ever had a cold and kept sneezing?" Discuss any questions or comments from the students. Then, show the cover of the story, read the title, and point to the illustration ...more
Erin
What an excellent read-aloud for storytime! The rhymes just roll off the tongue and the pattern and repetition help the kids follow along and predict what's going to happen. I read it to a group of 3-5 year olds this morning who particularly enjoyed sneezing along with me. Super fun.
Slee
Cute illustrations, nice message about trying again when met with catastrophe after a fun afternoon's work, but the whole "if you're uncomfortable, just eat ridiculous amounts of icecream" message probably isn't particularly healthy, and I say this from two feet in the fat acceptance no-body-shaming camp. Really, that much ice cream is not the solution. A different jacket might have been.
Also, when reading it aloud, it feels like a book that teeters at the edge of needing a rhythm and rhyme sch
Tiffany Campbell
This is a great book I read this book each year with my kindergarten students. Im most drawn to this story because of the beautiful drawn and crisp illustrations. I think students are easily engaged to with this read aloud because the illustrations resemble cartoons! Sneezy the Snowman is the perfect read aloud to use for predictions and drawing conclusions with children Pre-k to 2nd grade. This book is perfect for winter themes, comparing illustration styles and problem/solution. As far as foun ...more
Josie B.
My 3-5 year olds loved this book. Lots of repetition, rhyme, and opportunities to predict the consequences of Snnezy's actions helped make this story interactive and fun. To introduce Sneezy, I talked about rhyming words and invited them guess what was in my bag that rhymed with "cat" ; when someone guessed "hat", I pulled out a striped warm stocking cap which I put on my head singing:

Wear a hat upon your head,
On your head, on your head,
Wear a hat upon your head,
So you'll stay nice and warm.

I a
Alissa
My kids loved shouting out the repetitive parts where Sneezy just keeps melting as he tries to warm up!
Lisa Miller Chandler
cute & entertaining

I loved the cute and fun illustrations. Snowman stories are such great winter reads. This children's book is sweet and funny. Poor Sneezy the Snowman has to keep being remade after trying to warm up. Children (& adults) love snowmen and the memories made while bringing the snow to life.

Great children's read. Perfect for a read aloud by adults for a cuddle with a child.
Bmack
This is a cute winter story about Sneezy the Snowman who is cold and needs to warm up. A group of children try and help him by giving him hot chocolate, or a hot tub but he melts every time and they have to recreated him. At the end the children find a way to make him comfortable.
Jen
Sneezy is an adorable snowman who is cold outside in the winter, so he attempts to do things that warm him up, but those things end up making him melt! The children build him up again and again and finally take him to a place where he can be cool and happy.
Gianna Mosser
Very cute seasonal story about giving and getting wise to what's dangerous around you. Lovely rhyme scheme and a good length for a kindergartener who breezes through a picture book in under ninety seconds. Teacher's choice!
Before Olaf dreamt of summer, there was Sneezy, a snowman that just wants to get warm.

Although a bit repetitive, this was a fun, cute story of a snowman who just wants to be comfortable; not to hot and not to cold.
Kristina Walker
Adorable

Very charming story with relative text and rhyme. Perfect for the wintertime. Snuggle up with a hot cocoa while reading this to a child.
Denielle
Fun read

we really enjoyed reading this story. Very entertaining and amusing for young and old. Definitely would recommend.... worth every words
Ryan Newsome
Awesome

Great book, really fun to read, my kids loved it! If you love Christmas and snowmen you'll love this book.
christian brodin
Great book

Enjoyed this nice story with my son. Fun and engaging. My son also got to read the words in capital letters.
Meghan Hunt
This book is for darling and I think I'm going to use it for a preschool storytime. Sneezy the Snowman is too cold. First he drinks some hot cocoa, and then he melts. The children rally together and rebuild him, this time giving him a cap, but he is still too cold. Then he gets into a hot tub, and melts again. The children rebuild him and give him a scarf, but he is still too cold. This happens over and over again until Sneezy is wearing a hat, scarf, and coat. Then he is too hot and contemplate ...more
Anna Riblett
Love it

My four year old says "I love it". It is a pretty cute book. We have read it several times.
Jessica Overweg
LOVED this book! It had a lot of rhyming and repetition that is great for young kids.
Lauren Miles
While being a great winter story to read to children, it is also a great example of persistence and perseverance. There are creative ways where students learn how ice melts but they also see how important it is to the children that the snowman exists.
Liam
It was crazy how much Sneezy died a lot. Thank goodness for the kids who kept rebuilding him.
PWRL
Apr 08, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Cassie
ages 3 and up. This book is great in so many ways! I really love the artwork. The story is fun, the rhyming makes it enjoyable to listen to. The repetitive lines make it interactive and fun for kids. Every time the snowman melts, he would say, "Make me brand new!" and it is featured in a text bubble that is easily recognizable for children to know when they can participate. Also, I LOVE the red little birds. They added humor to the story. Also a great story to teach the opposites hot and cold.
Mandy J. Hoffman
MY REVIEW:

This book is adorable! The pictures are delightful and downright fun to look at. They are rich in color and full of action. The story line is that of a snowman who keeps having to be rebuilt for reasons that you'll have to read the book to find out! While it's simply a fun read, it's easy to tie it to a lesson on being content with the way God made you. I think that it's a delightful book to add to your bookshelves, especially if you have children ages 2 to 6.
Pam
A great story with wonderful illustrations that teaches scientific concepts to young children-what a gem! Maureen Wright teaches about temperature and melting in a delightful story about a frigidly cold snowman with the sniffles.. The bright and colorful illustrations by Stephen Gilpin capture the children's mood and are complex enough for the reader to linger over them. I loved the addition of the cardinals working along side the children. And the ending-I love ice cream too!
Margaret
Sneezy the Snowman is a delightful tale of a snowman who learns to find the right temperature for himself through trial and error and with the help of his builder friends. "Make Me Brand New!," Sneezy calls to the kids after drinking hot chocolate, soaking in a hot tub, and warming up before a campfire. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this slightly morbid and very humorous wintertime story.
Abbey Maraugha
This could totally be worked into a science lesson about types of matter
Jean-Marie
ACHOO! Sneezy the snowman is sneezing and shivering and freezing cold. And unfortunately every remedy he thinks up, from a hot tub to a campfire, only melts him down. The children who 'make him brand new' after each meltdown come up with just the right cure. Repetitive, rhyming text makes this a fun read aloud for everyone to join in.
Kendra
This is a cute story about a snowman that is chilly and sneezes so with the help of a couple children he tries to warm himself up. As you all know that's not a good idea for a snowman, so they end up having to rebuild him a few times after he melts. It ends with him being too warm and eating ice cream to cool himself down :)
Jan 14, 2014 Sarah added it
Stories & Songs: Snowmen
  • Snowmen All Year
  • Fall Mixed Up
  • Hot Rod Hamster
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Little Mouse's Big Secret
  • Arlene Sardine
  • Brontorina
  • Freedom Summer
  • Swim! Swim!
Sleep, Big Bear, Sleep! Sneeze, Big Bear, Sneeze! Barnyard Fun Grumpy Groundhog Earth Day, Birthday!