Get with the Program!: Getting Real About Your Weight, Health, and Emotional Well-Being

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  8 reviews

Losing weight is the easy part; it's keeping it off that's hard. In Get With the Program!, bestselling author Bob Greene gives you the keys to losing weight and staying fit for a lifetime.

The four-phase plan in Get With the Program! is like having your own personal trainer to take you through the psychological, physical, and emotional challenges that are keeping you from

Published January 2nd 2004 by Simon & Schuster (first published January 1st 2002)

Kimberly
As an Oprah fan who watched her transformation I immediately picked up this book in 2004. I like Bob Greene. His writing is informative and reassuring. I read this book a couple of times at different points in my life. Reread in 2006 then again in 2009 it all still rang true. Honestly, still working through a lot of what was written but sometimes when having a difficult time will read the section on "Emotional Eating" to get inspired not to give in. It is not just about food and there is a real...more
Laura Jean
I'm listening to this book on CD, because that's what's available from the library. I have an hour round trip commute every day, so I've plenty of time to listen.

Alas, the first section of the book has 12 written exercises, which I'd like to do, but find difficult because a)I'm driving, b) I generally need to see things like this in writing. We'll see. Maybe I'll listen to it at home.
Well, I finally got around to listening to it at home. I did all the exercises and I feel as if the ideas in th...more
Dorie
Awesome starter program for the unmotivated! It starts with very small, easy steps and slowly builds up to regular exercise and a healthy diet. I've been revisiting this book for years, every time I get off track.
Erin
What an excellent and inspiring book: just what the doctor ordered for a pre-holiday fitness and health boost. It's easy to read and understand and apply-what more can you ask for?
Mizbooks
library book

Greene writes well. His books are informative.
Cal
Dec 31, 2008 Cal marked it as to-read
just got it for christmas..yet to read!
Tracy Morton
A friendly fitness book.
Denise
Lots of cheese.
Nadja
Nadja added it
Jul 03, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
May 20, 2014
Diane Ostermann
Diane Ostermann marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Mikiko
Mikiko marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Paul Anderson
Paul Anderson marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Nivedita
Nivedita marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Liz
Liz added it
Sep 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Bob Greene is a personal trainer who writes on health and weight loss. He works and writes with Oprah Winfrey.

More about Bob Greene...
The Best Life Diet Make The Connection: 10 Steps To A Better Body   And A Better Life 20 Years Younger: Look Younger, Feel Younger, Be Younger! Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover The Life You Want: Get Motivated, Lose Weight, and Be Happy