Start by marking “Get with the Program!: Getting Real About Your Weight, Health, and Emotional Well-Being” as Want to Read:

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  118 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Losing weight is the easy part; it's keeping it off that's hard. In Get With the Program!, bestselling author Bob Greene gives you the keys to losing weight and staying fit for a lifetime.
The four-phase plan in Get With the Program! is like having your own personal trainer to take you through the psychological, physical, and emotional challenges that are keeping you from
Published January 2nd 2004 by Simon & Schuster (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Get with the Program!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get with the Program!

Kimberly
Jan 19, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
As an Oprah fan who watched her transformation I immediately picked up this book in 2004. I like Bob Greene. His writing is informative and reassuring. I read this book a couple of times at different points in my life. Reread in 2006 then again in 2009 it all still rang true. Honestly, still working through a lot of what was written but sometimes when having a difficult time will read the section on "Emotional Eating" to get inspired not to give in. It is not just about food and there is a real ...more
Laurajean
Jul 02, 2008 Laurajean rated it liked it
I'm listening to this book on CD, because that's what's available from the library. I have an hour round trip commute every day, so I've plenty of time to listen.

Alas, the first section of the book has 12 written exercises, which I'd like to do, but find difficult because a)I'm driving, b) I generally need to see things like this in writing. We'll see. Maybe I'll listen to it at home.
Well, I finally got around to listening to it at home. I did all the exercises and I feel as if the ideas in th
Molly
Apr 19, 2016 Molly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
This is a book about steps one can take to achieve lifelong weight loss and health broken down into four phases. While it has great advice about exercise, it spends surprising little time exploring what one should eat. I would have liked more on that.
Dorie
Jan 05, 2010 Dorie rated it it was amazing
Awesome starter program for the unmotivated! It starts with very small, easy steps and slowly builds up to regular exercise and a healthy diet. I've been revisiting this book for years, every time I get off track.
Erin
Oct 26, 2009 Erin rated it really liked it
What an excellent and inspiring book: just what the doctor ordered for a pre-holiday fitness and health boost. It's easy to read and understand and apply-what more can you ask for?
Mizbooks
Jul 11, 2008 Mizbooks rated it really liked it
library book

Greene writes well. His books are informative.
Cal
Dec 31, 2008 Cal marked it as to-read
just got it for christmas..yet to read!
Tracy Morton
Jul 15, 2012 Tracy Morton rated it really liked it
A friendly fitness book.
Denise
Sep 02, 2011 Denise rated it it was ok
Lots of cheese.
Lise
Lise marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Terry
Terry added it
Aug 16, 2016
Sunny Payton
Sunny Payton rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Joni S
Joni S rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Tharun
Tharun marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
kathryn rafnson
kathryn rafnson marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
NCUsedBooks
NCUsedBooks marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Naomi
Naomi added it
Mar 16, 2016
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Diane
Diane added it
Mar 08, 2016
Envy Aysha
Envy Aysha rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Marie L. Broughman
Marie L. Broughman rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2016
Missy
Missy rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Genia
Genia marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Susan Slocumb
Susan Slocumb rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Julie Bainbridge
Julie Bainbridge rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Jenarchie
Jenarchie rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Fat Flush Plan
  • Fit for Life II
  • Protein Power: The High-Protein/Low-Carbohydrate Way to Lose Weight, Feel Fit, and Boost Your Health--in Just Weeks!
  • The Perricone Promise: Look Younger, Live Longer in Three Easy Steps
  • The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet: The Lifelong Solution to Yo-Yo Dieting
  • Crocheting in Plain English: Easy-to-follow lessons in patterns, Sensible solutions to nagging problems, The only book any crocheter will ever Need.
  • Half the Way Home: A Memoir of Father and Son
  • Stop the Insanity
  • Let's Learn Hiragana: First Book of Basic Japanese Writing
  • Raw Food Life Force Energy
  • The Complete Book of Breastfeeding
  • I Do. I Did. Now What?!: Life After the Wedding Dress
  • Body Confidence: Venice Nutrition's 3-Step System That Unlocks Your Body's Full Potential
  • Lidia's Italian-American Kitchen
  • Living Low Carb: Controlled-Carbohydrate Eating for Long-Term Weight Loss
  • Body For Life: 12 Weeks to Mental and Physical Strength
  • The Beginning Runner's Handbook: The Proven 13-Week Walk/Run Program
  • Irish Traditional Cooking: Over 300 Recipes from Ireland's Heritage
Bob Greene is a personal trainer who writes on health and weight loss. He works and writes with Oprah Winfrey.

More about Bob Greene...