Start by marking “Terrific Trains” as Want to Read:
Terrific Trains

Terrific Trains

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Amazing Machines: Terrific Trains by Tony MittonBig Trains, small trains, old trains, and new, rattling and whistling -- Choo, choo, choo! Preschoolers will chuckle as a wacky animal crew toots the whistle and treats them to the delights only a train journey can offer. Clickety-clack, whizz down the track, slow to a railroad crossing, rumble through a tunnel, and finally p ...more
Published September 15th 2000 by Kingfisher (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Terrific Trains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terrific Trains

Sylvester
2.5* art
4* story/rhyme

I can read this one almost like a rap - which is fun, and get the "chooka-chooka" feel of the train in too. Squirt and I both love this one - any train book, really.
Raju
Jan 26, 2015 Raju added it
good
Helen Kumpel
Who this book would be for: PreK-K
Reflection:
Terrific Trains is a great book which talks about all the different parts of a train, where the train stops, the rails is rides on, tunnels it goes through, or bridges it has to go over! Great glossary in the back that describes all the parts and their jobs.
Code-breaking: Students could decode words based on the pictures
Claire
My son loved this book. He loves trains anyway. This book was cute. Fairly short, which is good for those with short attention spans. I liked that the dialogue was in rhyme.
This is a fun easy read that kept my son's attention. He also wanted to read it quite often.
Marie
The rhyming text conveys a fair amount of information, while ending with fun rhymes. Text is printed across the bottom of each page, on the pebbly "tracks." I find this makes the words a bit difficult to read. This book will be enjoyed by our young train enthusiasts.
Vivian
If using this in a library pre-school story time, it works best with two readers. This adds variety and texture to the reading. This little brightly illustrated book is packed with information, all presented in rhyming text.
Paul
If lagomorphs and mustelids did run the railways, it would be pretty terrific. Unlike the authors, though, I'd try to make sure that the rabbits and the stoats worked different shifts.
Rebecca Dean
This is a a great book to read to a younger class. This book has good illustrations. In the back of the book there is some information about trains and everything that goes with it.
Kristie
The pace and rhyming text in the book make new words come off the tongue easily. The back includes a quick picture dictionary of train parts.
Nancy Jo Lambert
We love all the Amazing machines books! These wonderfully illustrated and fun rhyming text books are great to share with young children!
Alicia
Jun 26, 2009 Alicia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
I like this fun, rhyming and informative book about trains. It uses simple language for young children who enjoy trains.
Ismi Husna
Ismi Husna marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Jenny
Jenny added it
Mar 23, 2015
Wes
Wes added it
Mar 22, 2015
Nathan and Colin
Nathan and Colin marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Lovena Mayekar
Lovena Mayekar marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Down by the Cool of the Pool Dinosaurumpus Spooky Hour Amazing Airplanes Flashing Fire Engines