Start by marking “Amelia Bedelia's Family Album” as Want to Read:
Amelia Bedelia's Family Album

Amelia Bedelia's Family Album (Amelia Bedelia #12)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  634 ratings  ·  26 reviews

All in the Family

Who could be more zany than Amelia Bedelia, everyone's favorite literal-minded housekeeper? Her family, of course! Meet the wacky members of this very original and entertaining family!

Published November 1st 1991 by Avon Books (first published September 15th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Amelia Bedelia's Family Album, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amelia Bedelia's Family Album

Lara's
Nov 01, 2008 Lara's rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents & early readers 2nd-4th grade
Shelves: early-readers
Synopsis : If you think Amelia Bedelia is a funny bird, wait until you meet her family.
Review : As a young reader I vividly remember reading "Good Work, Amelia Bedelia". I recall laughing at the misinterpretation of "Draw the drapes". And was fascinated and a little intimidated that this new English language I'd been learning for 6 or so years was able to morph into alternative meanings. Amelia Bedelia introduced me to puns and clever turns of phrase of which my sense of humor hasn't rightly r
Malcolm
i liked the story becase it was funny and she gone crazy and her family gone crazy.

Lt Thompson
What a funny, comical and tricky book! The front cover leads you into what to expect to the story, chaos. Amelia Bedelia is sitting on the floor making a scrapbook of some kind with glue and pictures everywhere. The illustrations look like they are done with a colored pencil and are simple and colorful. Mr. and Mrs. Rogers, Amelia's employers, decide it is time to meet Amelia's family and wants to throw a party for them. So Amelia pulls out her family album and goes through each family member an ...more
Rosa Cline
Once you've read Amelia Bedelia you will giggle and laugh with your child through all her stories! I read them as a child and now am re-enjoying them with my granddaughter!

In this story the Rogers family that Amelia Bedelia works for wants to give her a party since she's been so good and loyal to them. So AB gets her family album out and discusses her family with the Rogers and like Amelia Bedelia they are all "a little different' than typical.

Gotta love Amelia Bedelia!
Lindsay Wallace
Peggy Parish's Amelia Bedelia books are comical and creative. Students will get a kick out of Amelia's unusual way of looking at things. In this particular story, Amelia introduces her family to Mr. and Mrs. Rogers through her family album. They soon learn that this is an interesting family indeed with lots of quirks and unexpected qualities.
The illustrations are classic and simple and really fit the tone of the stories. This is a wonderful easy-to-read book because it is simple enough for begi
Rose Goodwin
This is a great book to teach figures of speech and other types of language. I thought this was a fun book to read, but young children might not get the play on words unless explained. I think it is a good teacher resource book for idioms and other sayings.
Edward Creter
If you thought Amelia was ditsy, you should see her family! Another funny addition to the stories of Amelia Bedelia! You go, girl!
Kaethe
Amelia takes us on a guided tour of her photograph album, and it is puns all the way down.
This book was pretty good. She introduces her entire family and what they do for a living. Students would probably ne able to identify with her family and if not we could talk about the differences between families. We could also talk about the different careers her family members have.
Dolly
Feb 12, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: older children
Shelves: 2009, childrens
This is a funny book about Amelia Bedelia's family. We haven't read any other stories about her, but the book is all about puns and double meaning of words. I understood the humor, but I think it went over our girls' heads. Perhaps this is more for older children...
Carol Hardesty
This has always been my favorite Amelia Bedelia book and the only one I ever really owned. I just loved hearing about the zany Bedelia family and their very literal occupations. A must-read for any Amelia Bedelia fan.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 9584 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.2 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV, VP
Seth
I read these books when I was a child, and still have memories of the stupid tales that make me smile. These books are great if you have a child in the family--even more so if you are a child at heart.
Lori
As a read-aloud, children would enjoy what Amelia's family members really do for a living. For example, her mother is a loafer. She bakes loaves of bread.
Jaime Contreras
Almost as funny as "her Wacky World," we meet AB's mixed-up family. The acorn does not fall far from the tree. Truly , a funny little book.
Beth
It is so nice of The Rodgers to have a party for Amelia and her family. They are quite a crew! Her cousin Edward literally races horses.
Katharine
Amelia Bedilia had a very many family members. This book made me laugh because the family members have weird and crazy jobs.
Tiffany
We usually love Amelia Bedelia but this one was lacking a good storyline and just had Amelia listing her family members.
Samantha
As always, Amelia Bedelia brings a smile to a face and a laugh emerges from my throat. Her family is so whacky! =D
Kristen Scott
A funny story where Amelia thinks literal about everything!
A.
Oct 08, 2009 A. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: age 8 and younger
Silly yet witty...meet Amelia's family...the whole town!
Amy
its amazing that there is a whole family of her.
April
My FAVORITE book as a little girl!!!
Steph
Great book!!! Really loved it!!!
Slayton
I made a 100 on this AR test
PWRL
Mar 22, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Shay Eliza
Shay Eliza marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Krystal Smith
Krystal Smith marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Sheri Gibson
Sheri Gibson marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
  • Happy Haunting, Amelia Bedelia
  • Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon (Henry and Mudge, #4)
  • Tut's Mummy: Lost...and Found
  • Fancy Nancy: The 100th Day of School
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
Peggy Parish was the author of the children's story series Amelia Bedelia. The series was continued, after her sudden death from an aneurysm, by her nephew Herman Parish. Peggy attended the University of South Carolina and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English.

Herman honored Peggy's life in his book, Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia, by writing in its dedication: "For Peggy Parish, the real Am
More about Peggy Parish...

Amelia Bedelia (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Amelia Bedelia
  • Teach Us, Amelia Bedelia
  • Amelia Bedelia Helps Out
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Baby
  • Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping
Amelia Bedelia Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower Come Back, Amelia Bedelia Amelia Bedelia Helps Out Good Work, Amelia Bedelia