Start by marking “Merry Christmas, Curious George” as Want to Read:
Merry Christmas, Curious George

Merry Christmas, Curious George (Curious George New Adventures)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  631 ratings  ·  26 reviews
It’s Christmastime! And irrepressible, excitable Curious George has just the spirit for it. He can’t wait to help his best friend, The Man with the Yellow Hat, pick out their holiday tree. At the tree farm, however, amid all the excitement of finding the perfect specimen, George gets carried away, as usual—atop his favorite tree! Hiding in the tree’s branches, George finds
Published September 18th 2012 by HMH Books (Franchise) (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Merry Christmas, Curious George, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merry Christmas, Curious George

Kristen
This is such a cute story. Curious George is always a favorite for kids because he's a monkey that gets in to trouble. I loved when he ended up at the children's hospital and ended up cheering them up. I think it's a cute story for kids and indirectly shows how they can help others who aren't as fortunate or are sick in the hospital. This will definitely be one we read every Christmas.
Alyn
George goes out to buy a Christmas tree with the man in the yellow hat and ends up in a tree bound for the children's hospital. George decides that he will help decorate the tree with things he found in the hospital. As usual someone doesn't like what George has done but the children come to the rescue.
Denise Kettering
Typically Curious George antics. Not the best book in the Curious George series, but it is funny and a good seasonal reminder for kids that Christmas is not always happy for everyone, but that we can do things for others.
D.peabody
I love Curious George, he is inquisitive and clever and everything always works out in the end.
babyhippoface
Margret and H.A. Rey’s inquisitive little monkey is given new life in Cathy Hapka’s addition to the Curious George collection. On a visit to a Christmas tree farm, George gets separated from the Man in the Yellow Hat and is inadvertently delivered to a children’s hospital, where he wreaks a little havoc and decorates the tree with x-rays, crutches, and lollipops meant for patients. Hapka’s story is reminiscent of the Reys’ decades-old tales, andYoung’s illustrations are dead ringers for the orig ...more
Dolly
Feb 05, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their young children
Shelves: 2013, christmas, childrens
I loved reading Curious George books when I was a child, but for some reason our girls never really took to this funny monkey. I had no idea how many books were out there in this series, but occasionally I'll pick one up to read on my own.

This is a sweet Christmas-themed tale about George sharing some Christmas fun with children in a hospital. The narrative is short and entertaining and the illustrations hold true to the original tales. I read an ebook version of this story on my iPad.
Audeena
Genre:
Copyright Date: 2006

I brought a bag of Christmas/Winter books with me to class and I let the students pick out a book or two to read each day. This book was picked today and the kids loved it. I was unsure if they knew who Curious George was as he is not as popular as he once was. It didn't matter, they still loved the book and loved George because as one student said "He's a Monkey (giggle giggle)".
Ashley Fortson
In this book, George was very curious and climbed to the top of a tree in the field. Two men cut it down and did not notice George was on it. They took the tree to a hospital and George decorated the tree and made a mess. A nurse found his and was very upset but the kids loved it and wanted George to stay for their Christmas party.
Brittney
Curious George sets out on an adventure to find a Christmas tree. Due to George's curiosity, he ends up in a different situation. This would be a great holiday book to read to a classroom right before winter break. I think young students would enjoy this story.
Maria
Picture Book

Curious George gets in a Christmas tree that's taken to the hospital where he tries to make things festive. He ends up making all the sad children happy and the man with the yellow hat finds him to take him home.
Kim
George is in a tree when it gets cut down and taken to a local hospital where he causes mischief and makes the sick children laugh. Wonderful, funny illustrations.

themes: Christmas, hospitals, monkeys, presents, trees
Alyssa
I like being able to get books for my daughter on my Kindle. Please keep making ebook versions of all your kids books! And she loved the story & pictures. 4 stars due to minor Kindle formatting errors at the beginning.
Cathy
Curious George is up to his usual mischief while entertaining children within the story and those reading. Readers of all ages will enjoy this book. Makes for a good holiday bedtime tale.
Another installment in the ever-popular series. In this edition the mischievous little monkey's curiosity saves the day at a children's hospital.
Megan Sutherland
A classic story about Curious George during the holidays. Shows children how to forgive this around them. A heart warming story for all.
Toni
What pre-school/kindergarten age child doesn't love Curious George? Combine George with Santa and you have a winning combination.
Andd Becker
The book is written by someone who is not a Rey; the illustrations are done in the style of the original illustrator.
Anna
George goes on a madcap adventure (as usual!) and ends up at the children's wing of the local hospital.

Sweet story.
Jasmine Olivia
Jasmine really likes books about Curious George. We have Mrs. Bowden to thank for that. SMILES!!! :)
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
George cheering up the kids stuck sick at the hospital. Nice story.
Katy Brandes
That silly old George! It's a fun one for Christmastime.
Jaime
Cute book. My daughter liked it!
Faithann
Cute Christmas book for children.
Jim
  • Curious George's ABCs
  • The Night Before the Night Before Christmas
  • Santa Duck
  • Mooseltoe
  • Little Critter's the Night Before Christmas (Mercer Mayer Storybooks)
  • The Spirit of Christmas
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
  • You Are My Miracle
  • Corduroy's Christmas Surprise
  • Clifford's First School Day
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell!
  • Max's Christmas
  • Franklin's Christmas Gift
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • Merry Christmas, Splat
  • Madeline's Christmas
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Visits the Zoo Curious George Flies a Kite