Start by marking “Through The Fire” as Want to Read:
Through The Fire

Through The Fire

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Will love inflame these two natural-born enemies in fiery destruction?
Passions run deep in the raging battle to possess a continent, its wealth and furs. Both the French and English count powerful Indian tribes as their allies. English lady Rebecca Elliot, having eloped to America with a British captain, finds herself a widow. When she ventures into the colonial frontier
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 22nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Through The Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through The Fire

SheLove2Read
Since I'm apparently not allowed to leave a negative review without some people losing their freakin' minds over it.....lets just say I did not enjoy the book. Everyone has different tastes, people. Respect my opinion and I will respect yours.
Mary
This book was a wonderful story with great imagery and emotion.
Someone commented they didn't like this book and gave it a one.
This person in my humble opinion, needs to change genres to sci fi or something else, as she cannot recognize a good romance. Not only is it hurtful to say things like that, and I challenge your knowledge.
Maybe she ought to read bodice rippers cause she can't recognize good when she sees it. I thought it deserved a five myself!
Clarke
2.7 stars. Liked the story idea but wasn't impressed by the book. So much more could've been done to explore the social/cultural aspect of people from different worlds and the hardships they face. Shoka and Rebecca fell in love very quickly and for such a short about of time a lot happens (too much to seem realistic). Rebecca came off as an ill tempered hapless woman and a bit of a floozie. Hearing how beautiful she was and the men falling all over themselves to help her got old quick.

If you lik
LeeAnn
Received the book yesterday afternoon and finished it about 15 minutes ago. Absolutely loved this story. The characters jumped off the page and either you loved them or hated them they are great characters. The main love story was beautiful to watch unfold along with the interwoven second love story. Mythical things happen in this book that make it such a wonderful read.

What I learned from this book was that I need to get a hold of alot more of Beth Trissel's work.
Elizabeth Shelley
Oct 08, 2009 Elizabeth Shelley rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: definately
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Got to know Beth on Myspace, and purchased Somewhere My Love. A
Definately 5 stars. Would give more if they let me!!!!! Beth is an amazing author who can grab your attention from the beginning and hold it to the end. Her way of describing things make you really see and feel them. You can almost smell the flowers!!!!! I have read all 4 of her books and looking forward to the next one. Keep up the good work, Beth, and don't let one comment ever stop you from doing what you love.
Lpgreads
I like this genre but I tend more toward the supernatural and fantasy. Having said that I go through periods where I can't get enough western and native American romance stories; let's face it they can be the best.
This book was a great quick read but the characters seemed too silly without much depth. The two lovers talk about his home (somewhere far away) and his children but the heroin seems to gloss over this like everything will be perfect just like it is on their journey. It feels like that
Heidi Marier
A beautiful story line, that embraces you and takes you on a beautiful journey, leaving you wanting more, hard to let go off! Exellent book, highly recommended~
Mona
I enjoyed every page of this book, the plot, action, emotion and characters. B. Trissel has a lovely voice and makes you share her love for the Shenandoha Valley.
Kelly
Never has an author taken me on such an enjoyable journey!! I can't wait for the next adventure!! A great book to curl up with on a chilly Autumn evening!!
Petula
Poor Rebecca has such a dangerous journey. She is a young English widow traveling with her sister, to find their uncle in the pioneer days. They are with a small company of soldiers who are on their way to the fort where Rebecca's uncle is. It's a war torn land they journey across, with some of the native Indians siding with the English army and others with the French. The travelers are attacked by a band of natives, and Rebecca is taken prisoner.Her sister dissapears on horseback. Most of the s ...more
Miriam Newman
A nice, solid, good read--just what I want when I sit down to read a book! So nice to see this area of the genre represented.
Christine Bode
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Released: 2008
Pages: 332
ISBN-10: 1601544715
ISBN-13: 978-1601544711
Stars: 3.0

First of all, I’d like to apologize to Historical and Paranormal Romance Author Beth Trissel for the ridiculous amount of time she’s had to wait for this review. She’s a lovely person with quite a respectable following and has written no less than 8 books that are available through The Wild Rose Press. I am not a huge fan of traditional romance novels – I prefer contemporary chick lit or his
Deliasue
I love to read Beth Trissel's books, she keeps you on the edge of your seat until the end.
Heather
This is my first book from Beth Trissel. I loved the plot, story, location, era, and even the hero and sub characters in this book. I wasn't crazy about the heroine, Rebecca, making if difficult for me to love the book as much as I wanted to. Like a lot of heroines, she is stubborn and strong willed, but it seems over the top or just a bit too much, and even after proclaiming her love from the hero, she still argues and defies him. It was frustrating for me. I still enjoyed the book and my next ...more
Janet
Maybe I managed to read the weakest book first. This entry even tops Don’t Bargain With the Devil. For the first time, I found a romance novel where the characters sound like real people instead of the stereotypical Romance Character # 1—Heroine, Romance Character #2—Love Interest, Romance Character #3—Villain, and so forth. This did, however, remind me rather forcibly of the Last of the Mohicans plotline.
Dawn
This book was nearly a did not finish for me. I only finished it because it was easy reading. I didn't really care about the characters, especially the heroine Rebecca. Her constant state of accidental undress really got on my nerves. How many times can one girl's blanket slip? A lot apparently!
Dixie
Awesome story. Reminded me of a Pamela Clare Ranger book, but not as graphic. Heroine cracked me up a couple times with things she would say. Loved that, though being a NA romance, there were no visions or such to lead the story.
Patrice Wilton
Through the Fire, was a delightful read. I was thoroughly captured from the beginning to the end, and found the romance very believable and engaging. I look forward to more stories by Beth Trissel.
Patrice Wilton
Leanne
Sorry, became determined to complete this book as the reviews were good but can only say that good writing is let down by a poorly developed plot and awful editing.
Hannah
Basically Native American smut. But it wasn't bad.
tame manahi
tame manahi marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Amudha
Amudha marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Martha Northen
Martha Northen marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Roselover24
Roselover24 marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
David Stiltner
David Stiltner marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Wind in the Grasses Dancing (Dancing the Dream, #1)
  • Untamed Journey
  • Apache Flame
  • Beyond the Horizon (Horizon Set, #1)
  • Much Ado About Marshals
  • The Bride Wore Feathers
  • Mountain Woman
  • Midnight Lover
  • Wind Warrior
  • Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk (Dark Cloth, #1)
  • T'on Ma
  • Say You Love Me
  • The Last Honest Seamstress
  • The Savage
  • Lakota Surrender
  • Chasing Rainbows
  • Cherokee Storm
  • Black Horse
Married to my high school sweetheart, I live on a farm in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia surrounded by my children, grandbabies, and assorted animals. An avid gardener, my love of herbs and heirloom plants figures into my work. The rich history of Virginia, the Native Americans and the people who journeyed here from far beyond her borders are at the heart of my inspiration. In addition to Ameri ...more
More about Beth Trissel...
Somewhere My Love (Somewhere in Time, #1) Somewhere My Lass (Somewhere in Time, #2) The Bearwalker's Daughter Red Bird's Song The Lady and the Warrior

“Courage is not how you feel. It’s what you do.” 0 likes