Start by marking “New Leather” as Want to Read:
New Leather

New Leather

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Bondage is not journalist Carl Guttuso's thing. He has no need to tie a man up or beat the crap out of him and call it sexy. No one is doing that to him either, or so he thought. During an interview, the charismatic BDSM Dom, James Pauly, asks Carl to be his submissive lover to learn about the lifestyle from within and Carl agrees to a six-week contract. James has not been ...more
Published December 22nd 2009 by Excessica

To ask other readers questions about New Leather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Leather

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. Hill
Best Gay BDSM
219th out of 575 books — 829 voters

More lists with this book...

xbmbgrl
It’s nice when you start a new BDSM book by an author you have never read before and find that the acknowledgments include a real BDSM group. It implies that the author did some of her own research and wanted to get to the heart of the story in a realistic manner. It seems like too often lately we get books with these types of plots that are based on reading other erotic D/s books.

I started the book off with a hopeful heart and it didn’t disappoint even though it didn’t give me as much internal
Serena Yates
This was a realy interesting story from an author I've never read before.

Carl, who thinks that bondage isn't his thing, decides to do some in-depth research for a series of articles on BDSM. James, an experienced but lonely Dom, agrees to teach him by entering into a six-week contract with him.

The story follows the journey of self-discovery that both Carl and James go through as they discover the connection between them, the joy of the intense games they play together, and, finally, love. The is
Jane
Apr 01, 2014 Jane rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm, m-m
2.5 Overall, it was a nice, simply plotted story from an author with some promise, and a sweet romance, but I had issues with the lack of editing and the overall feel.

As others have mentioned, the incorrect use of 'Dominate' when the correct word is 'Dominant' jarred, but there were quite a few basic errors of punctuation/typos that should've been caught and an insecure grasp on tense that made sections read oddly. The head hopping was confusing to say the least. I'm fine with alternate chapter
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
Carl the gay reporter wants to do a piece on Leathermen. His desire to do expose on the BDSM leather lifestyle had me wincing. Would this be good or bad? I am going to end up with a negative BDSM piece? To my delight, this story is done in a very good way and rather hot. James is the Dom showing Carl the lifestyle. It helps that Carl possesses submissive tendencies.

The bargain is 6 weeks, every weekend, Carl submits to James. This is when he learns about what it means to submit and also how impa
Carolyn88
Carl is a reporter who wants to write a story about BDSM. He agrees to inter a contract with James. Amazing things happen when they both discover each of their needs. I loved the story. I will recommmend it to all people who enjoy BDSM.
Shannon
New author for me and I really enjoyed this book. As sweet as a D/s book can be I supposed. Completely entertained the entire tire. Lots of yummy smexing!! :)
 Sara
just started the book, really want to like it, but can't stand that she uses "Dominate" when she means "Dominant" it's killing me here.
Kym
This was interesting…

Carl is a newbie with hidden submissive desires behind his tough guy ego. James is a calm calculating Dom who holds back from fear of repeating the past. Neither of them are truly honest with each other once the line is crossed. Neither will tell the other how they truly feel. Both is willing endure the pain of separating once their time is up.

I love the depth that was put into describing how Carl and James ended up with the issues they have. Their relationship is so powerf
Bee
It's come to a point where I don't know if it's me or the books. Maybe I'm just grouchy? Anyway, this book didn't work for me.

Carl Guttuso is a journalist and one day in town he picks up on an interesting conversation between two men. They are talking about a gathering for people interested in romantic BDSM, and he is instantly curious. He is after some debate invited to a meeting with the leader of the "club", James Pauly, who also happens to be a prominent restaurant owner and chef in the city
D
DL
What is wrong with me that I never seem to be on the same plane as my friends? I just didn't fall in love with this story. Mostly because it didn't seem like much of a story to me. More of a BSDM instruction manual presented in an easy to swallow format. I didn't feel anything for the characters; they never came alive. I did like the contrast between a loving partner and an emotionless scene. But once again, it felt like instruction to me. The good part is that the friend who recommended this bo ...more
Fiordiligii
The blurb sounded interesting, but as soon as I started reading the story I knew, I wouldn't really enjoy this book and eventually discontinued. The writing felt stilted and the characters came over as one dimensional and cartoon-ish sometimes. I didn't quite get how the dom knew by looking at a picture of an unknown man that this would be his ideal sub. Come on. I am all about instant attraction but I like a bit of reality, too. DNF
Katy Beth Mckee
Carl has always dismissed the BDSM lifestyle but an overheard conversation seems to get his interest. He decides to take up the challenge to try it before he writes about it. James issues the challenge and he's not ever sure if it will be taken. I think both been are surprised by their feelings and reactions to each other. This story was more powerful then I expected. This was a really well written story.
Jaden
After starting off with a wonderful story from this publisher, I had some up and down experiences. But this one was a home run. I loved these characters and the plot pushed me to the edges of my comfort zone while leaving me quite turned on and involved in the story. Really glad my friends recommended this and I hope to see more of this author. Really nice stuff.
Kerry
This was a pretty good story, but I wish it had been longer. The sex scenes were very short and not very detailed. Neither were the BDSM scenes. I really liked some of the secondary characters and would be interested in reading their stories. And I loved Carl's mother!
Brandilyn
The Word is DOMINANT!! (not Dominate) and they are NIPPLES or PECS (not tits)... those 2 things drove me nuts and took me right out of the story. Also it read much longer than the 90 pages it claims to be.
Lily
Nice story although in my opinion it needed some editing to smooth it out. My main issue with it however was the use of the term Dominate instead of Dominant. It was very jarring to read that.
Mandi
Very interesting and well-written story. I enjoyed both characters, the setting (Providence!), and you can tell the author did her research. Recommended!

MattMel
Great story idea, but for me too short to really get into the characters. Double the lenth and it could have been a fantastic tale.
Jen
This was really well written and the details the authors add really added to the story.
Clover
a very good introduction to the bdsm world. with a lot of romance.
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Britney
Britney marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Catsy440
Catsy440 marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Kevin Hicks
Kevin Hicks marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
  • Gathering Storm
  • The Cowboy Poet
  • Word on a Wing
  • Master Class (Master Class, #1)
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
  • Turquoise and Leather (Collared, #1)
  • Catalyst
  • Bound To Please
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • Breakdown Motel
  • Alphabet Soup (Alphabet Soup #1, Russian Bear, #2)
  • Soft Focus
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top #1)
  • Uneven
  • In the dark
  • A Master's Love (Master's Love, #1)
  • Bondage (Deviations, #4)
  • Under Contract
I am fascinated with the creative process. From arts and crafts to writing, I gain a deep satisfaction in making something beautiful. I am an avid reader who carries a book everywhere—and opens it whenever there is a spare ten minutes. All genres interest me as long as romance plays a part. I live on the coast of New England with my husband and son and go to work in my spare time.
More about Debra Varva...

“I went into the experience with the notion that I was merely going to get a taste of a deviant lifestyle. The Dom was charismatic and the kinky sex might be good if I could get past the whipping part, because there was no way I would ever think that was fun. I believed I could never be truly submissive or enjoy pain. I was so very wrong

My life changed forever. The connection between Dom and sub is one of the closest relationships two people can have. Give and take became more than words. They became the basis of my existence. My body is no longer my own. He has access to everything I am— privacy does not exist, but when he looks at me it's with love. There is no fear and no shame because I am safe. I will always be safe with him.

As my Master will be safe with me.”
1 likes