Peredur, the Son of Evrawc

Peredur, the Son of Evrawc

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  1 review
Mother, said Peredur, "what are those yonder?" "They are angels, my son," said she. "By my faith," said Peredur, "I will go and become an angel with them." And Peredur went to the road, and met them. "Tell me, good soul," said Owain, "sawest thou a knight pass this way, either to-day or yesterday?" "I know not," answered he, "what a knight is."
Hardcover
Published (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Peredur, the Son of Evrawc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peredur, the Son of Evrawc

Nikki
I do like Peredur so much more than I like Chrétien de Troyes' version of the story. It's interesting to ponder how closely related the two texts are: most of the theories I've read suggest they're descended from a common source, given the wide disparities between them. Right now my guess is that that's true, and the Gawain episodes in Chrétien de Troyes' Perceval might be his own invention... But less scholarship focuses on the bleeding lance which is his quest, so I'm not sure on that point.

I'...more
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Elizabeth Hills
Elizabeth Hills marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2013
Charlotte Guest (nee Bertie) was the daughter of Albemarle Bertie, 9th Earl of Lindsey and his second wife Charlotte Susanna Elizabeth Layard. She married John Josiah Guest, a significantly-older Welsh industrialist and politician and moved to Merthyr Tydfil. The couple had 10 children.

Later Lady Charlotte Schreiber, was an English businesswoman and translator. An important figure in the study of...more
More about Charlotte Elizabeth Guest...
The Mabinogion Mabinogion Tales Lady Charlotte Schreiber: Extracts from Her Journal, 1853-1891 Mabinogion Legends The Mabinogion Vol. 1