Start by marking “Sinsajo (Los Juegos del Hambre, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sinsajo (Los Juegos del Hambre, #3)

Sinsajo (The Hunger Games #3)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,321,102 ratings  ·  83,773 reviews
¡Que empiecen los septuagésimo sextos Juegos del Hambre!

Katnis Everdeen ha sobrevivido dos veces a Los Juegos del Hambre, pero no está a salvo. La revolución se extiende y, al parecer, todos han tenido algo que ver en el meticuloso plan, todos excepto Katniss. Aun así su papel en la batalla final es el más importante de todos. Katniss debe convertirse en el Sinsajo, en el...more
Published September 2nd 2010 by Molino (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sinsajo, please sign up.

Kathryn I cried tears of happiness that I was finally done with this boring book.
Booklover456 I don't really cry during books. Only like in If I Stay, or Eclipse, my eyes just fill with tears. Mockingjay had this raw, powerful feeling to it.…moreI don't really cry during books. Only like in If I Stay, or Eclipse, my eyes just fill with tears. Mockingjay had this raw, powerful feeling to it. Catching fire was the best though ;)(less)
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellThe DUFF by Kody KeplingerDivergent by Veronica RothIf I Stay by Gayle FormanCada día by David Levithan
libros
86th out of 94 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Tatiana
Dec 04, 2013 Tatiana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who prefers to think instead of obsessing over love triangles
Let's face it, a series is only as good as its last book. Is a kitchen towel drenched in my tears a good indicator of the quality of Mockingjay? I think it is, considering that I am not a crying-over-books type. I think this book is a FANTASTIC ending of a FANTASTIC series.

The book is lying next to me now, so deceitful in appearance, with its innocent, bright, cheerful cover. Who knew there would be so much darkness hidden between its pages, so much heartache? Mockingjay is indeed a DARK, DARK b...more
Tina
SPOILERS AHEAD!!

What. the. f***. Words can't begin to express my disappointment. I bought Mockingjay the first day it came out and I was preparing myself for a truly epic novel, one worthy of its predecessors. I loved The Hunger Games; it was fast-paced, thrilling, suspenseful. Catching Fire wasn't as good but it was still enjoyable (I was majorly impressed by the game arena). I wasn't let down by Catching Fire though; I figured it was just a transition novel, build-up to what would undoubtedly...more
Hope
I’m never very good at predicting outcomes. Nothing I could’ve predicted would have been quite as good as this. Although I did get close (a very distant "close") on a few things, and I was right in saying that it wouldn’t be walking through a field of flowers and sunshine.

A book like this just couldn’t be.

It's good, and yet not good. Because it’s good in a very heartbreaking, chilling, haunting, intense way.

Katniss is a different person from the first two books. I found her softer, more thought...more
Annalisa

Well, hmmm. I'm not sure how to react to Mockingjay. I didn't love it and I'm not sure it satisfied me, but it was a disturbing read that will stick with me. Sadly, I can't say that I'll be recommending the series as fervently as I did after reading The Hunger Games. Not that the series isn't good, but I'm not longer sure it's for the masses of YA readers.

Like Catching Fire, Mockingjay took awhile for me to get into. When the pages turned into the triple digits and I wasn't hooked, I go...more
Michelle
i NEVER thought i'd ever rate this book below a 5...but here i am....and the only reason i gave it a three even is because the first two books of the hunger games were just SO GOOD they brought this one up...by three stars. honestly, i’ve waited so long for mockingjay to come out. i practically peed my pants on august 24th and now that i’ve finally finished the book (thanks to a full day of obsessive reading-meals not included) all i can feel is…annoyance. annoyance and disappointment. annoyance...more
Jayna
Kira
Kae
Kat Kennedy
This review has spoilers!

Bitches...

What were you doing when you were 16? Checking your boobs each morning to see if the Boob Fairy had paid you a visit? Sneaking out of the house to the park down the street where you and your six friends would share a single can of beer and pretend you're drunk? Making out? Homework? Fighting with your parents? Watching scary movies?

Katniss is sixteen years old and she's been in two Hunger Games, fighting against twenty-odd opponents to the death. Then she becom...more
Heather
How do I begin to convey my disappointment? I suppose it all comes down to expectations and as mine were not met, I feel vastly underwhelmed, and a little bit devastated. When I read HungerGames, I was enthralled. I thought Katniss was intelligent, resourceful, and displayed tremendous strength in character. Moreover, Katniss’s arc appeared to parallel with the overall arc of the story/series. As Katniss grew more bold, so did the remaining characters and the uprising initiative. I expected this...more
karen
these are the things i have done for this book:

i have given up my birthday, waiting in line from 5 until its midnight release, braving the crowds and noise and commotion...

i have missed my subway stop and ended up taking the crappy way into work...

i have seriously considered calling out of work to sit at home and finish it...

i have read in elevators, while walking down the street, walking up the stairs, while eating dinner without even tasting it...

i have rushed my beloved dawn powell's book, ra...more
Mike (the Paladin)
Some spoilers in review as I do discuss some things about the conclusion of the book.

***************** Spoilers in Review below *******************

(view spoiler)...more
Sparrow
I guess, sometimes our emotional bones need to be re-broken in order to set them right. Maybe this was a common experience for those who read this book, but a lot of its most emotional points were like reading a bizarre dream about the last few years of my own life. I’m not going to go into it because that would be, like, an unacceptable amount of over-share, even for me. That’s just to say that I have no ability to be objective about it. This story: real or not real?

I love Mockingjay like I lov...more
Melissa ♥♫
Nataliya

All Katniss really wants is to not be "a piece in their games". But nobody apparently got the memo. Once again, she is a pawn in somebody's power games. Same shit, different day. Only the Gamemakers have changed.

The above are synonymous in the eyes of the Capitol. Or District 13, for that matter.

Even free from the clutches of the Capitol, Katniss still has a role to play - whether she wants it or not. This time it's Mockingjay, the face of the rebellion she unwittingly helped to bring. But the p...more
Baine
"THERE IS NO DISTRICT 12."
Period. End of sentence. End of story. Biggest. Cliffhanger. Ever.
Oh. my. gosh.

I CANNOT WAIT!!! August 24... Someone could tell me the world was ending August 23rd and i'd say, no it isn't! Mockingjay isn't out yet, stupid! The world can't end! What about August 25th? Hah! well i'll have red it by then, so im good.

Was it just me or did everyone else frantically flip the pages after finishing Catching Fire? I was like,
NOOOO! That cannot be how she ended it! DANG that wa...more
★ Jess
Apr 28, 2013 ★ Jess rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of 'The Hunger Games' and 'Catching Fire'
Spoilers.

When I first read 'Mockingjay' I was a silly little fourteen year old, drunk up on the fast paced action and immediate danger Katniss faced in the first two novels. Given her weakness and exclusion from important events, not to mention my almost 12 month wait for its release, I was bitterly disappointed.

Perhaps, reading now, I appreciate Mockingjay more because of my lower expectations. Perhaps it is because I can look at it in a new light. Perhaps it is both of the above.
I will not...more
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
2013 edit: Time can do a lot to influence my opinion of books. In some cases, time goes on and I end up appreciating a book more than I did originally, like Ender's Game or The Great Gatsby. But in other cases, time actually diminishes my opinion of certain books.
I'm so sick of all this HG-movie hype. Seriously. Ms. Collins' novels were thought-provoking, but not *that* much. I'm left to wonder if I read the same books as everyone else. Collins' writing style doesn't have that much depth. And I...more
Arlene
There is so much I love and despise about this book and my brain is still in a mindfog trying to sort out some of the catastrofuck that just occurred. But first and foremost I must say… hats off to Suzanne Collins for penning an epic finale of courageous and daring proportions!! Wow she really spared no expense in ending The Hunger Games series with a final installment that will leave a lasting impression! Collins is without a doubt FEARLESS.

I am still in complete and absolute shock as I contem...more
Penny
Updated! Further thoughts/explanations as to why I gave this book five stars at the end of the original review. Warning: addendum contains some spoilers.

I've thought long and hard as to how I should review this book. For starters I feel I need to say upfront, this book is not for everyone. Mockingjay is the darkest book of the Hunger Games trilogy, containing excess violence, brutality, and ugliness. People die. It would be naive to expect otherwise in a book dealing with war.

If you're all abou...more
Gemma
K.D. Absolutely
Aug 30, 2010 K.D. Absolutely rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to K.D. by: Mo Twister (Book 1)
Shelves: ya, adventure, dystopian
Her name is Katniss Everdeen. Mockingjay. "Haba ng hair"

"Haba ng hair" literally means long hair. However, in the Philippines, it means that the girl to whom you address this is very fortunate to have many guys falling for her.

That, in this book is Katniss. She has the goodlooking hunter dude, Gale by her side and she enjoys his kisses while doing their hunting (I am not sure how they could still get animals from bomb-striken District 13) in the meadows. Over at the Capitol, is her previous co-t...more
Lyndsey
Be warned. Spoilers abound . As well as Major Ramblings. *salute*

Odd tidbit of information: Recently, I had a teeny, tiny silverfish (I almost typed catfish, which would have made this story much more interesting) that just chilled on my bathroom floor for days, in the same spot. It had to have been at least three or four days.

I know it was alive because it would half heartedly scurry out of the way of much-too-close feet, a stark contrast to the usual lively and feisty personality of the creatu...more
Vanessa
Sigh.

I don't quite know what to say about this book, or what to rate it. Realistic? Perhaps. Engrossing? Yes. Satisfying? Not really.

And with that I must warn you that *spoilers* will follow. I do not know how to discuss my feelings on this book without them.

I close the final chapter in the Hunger Games trilogy feeling depressed. I know it's a dystopian novel, but I still hoped that there would be hope at the end: hope for a better life, hope for freedom, hope for the future generations. And whi...more
Meg ♥
I have to say I didn't love this book. I loved The Hunger Games (5 Stars) immensely. I enjoyed Catching Fire (Still 5 stars) almost as much as The Hunger Games. Those two books built so much suspense that I don't honestly know if I could have ever been satisfied with the third book.

Absolutely everything I was looking forward to for such a long time came to a conclusion, and whether or not I liked those conclusions isn't the point. The point is that they all felt so rushed. Primarily the relatio...more
Haleema
Beware of spoilers!

What the hell was Mockingjay? It was dreadful. I thought Katniss was not fighting as much as she should have been. Yes, her role is very important and she is the leader of the rebellion. However, most of the fighting was done by either Gale, Finnick, and others. Katniss was either in the hospital or just being weak, whining about almost everything. And I know that Katniss is strong and intelligent and a fighter, so why was it not super epic?

Snow's death was not as epic as I t...more
mark monday
ALL SPOILERS

Chapter 1
A memorial of sorts. Some final books in trilogies spend time carefully recounting what happened in prior books. Some jump right into the action. Mockingjay has ash and despair and the end of a life our heroine once had. It does not feel like a stirring call to arms; it does not feel like a revolution is about to happen. It feels like the end of things, it feels like death. This is the beginning of the book.

Chapter 2
The brave rebels of District 13. A humorless communist stat...more
Lucienne
Dija
For the past few weeks, I've been viewing Mockingjay as a bomb about to go off, but while it wasn't quite that bad, I wasn't entirely off the mark either. I'm still recovering from the wringer this series put me through.

Which is why I've been suffocating hugging my parrot for the past couple of hours.

You know when you take a month-long vacation you've been planning for ages and it's all you'd wished for and more, but at the end of the trip, you're still the happiest and most relieved when you...more
Eric Allen
Mockingjay
The Final Book of the Hunger Games
By Suzanne Collins

A Retroview by Eric Allen

Suzanne, it's Eric. Hi, yeah, this isn't working out. I think we should see other people. You're in this downward spiral, and your writing just keeps getting worse and worse. You obviously haven't been taking your crazy pills and your addiction to the blood of the young is starting to get a little creepy. I just can't take it anymore. I'm going my separate way. Please don't call me again. You've still got plen...more
Was Mockingjay Your Favorite Book in series, second Favorite, or Least Favorite? 17 55 45 minutes ago
~ THIS NAME OR THAT NAME ~ 88 98 12 hours, 25 min ago
The Irony of Her Death (Spoilers!!!!) 20 395 12 hours, 41 min ago
The Book Was Better: MOCKINGJAY Part 1 132 83 23 hours, 13 min ago
Mockingjay Book-t...: Lines 1 5 Oct 20, 2014 12:06PM
Mockingjay Book-t...: Where Will It End? 1 4 Oct 20, 2014 12:04PM
Mockingjay Book-t...: Which Scenes Will Make It? 1 3 Oct 20, 2014 12:01PM
  • Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
  • Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3)
  • Prodigy (Legend, #2)
  • Specials (Uglies, #3)
  • Saphirblau (Edelstein Trilogie, #2)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)
  • Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Starters (Starters, #1)
  • The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
  • UnWholly (Unwind, #2)
  • The Night is For Hunting (Tomorrow, #6)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Prized (Birthmarked, #2)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
  • Crashed (Cold Awakening, #2)

Since 1991, Suzanne Collins has been busy writing for children’s television. She has worked on the staffs of several Nickelodeon shows, including the Emmy-nominated hit Clarissa Explains it All and The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo. For preschool viewers, she penned multiple stories for the Emmy-nominated Little B...more
More about Suzanne Collins...
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3) Gregor the Overlander (Underland Chronicles, #1) Gregor and the Code of Claw (Underland Chronicles, #5)

263 trivia questions
112 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.”
21227 likes
“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” 8339 likes