Start by marking “A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories

A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A wonderful, complete collection of Beatrix Potter's timeless tales -- with her extraordinary illustrations. Brimming with the adventures of characters that have warmed the hearts of generations of children. Tales of Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny, Squirrel Nutkin, Two Bad Mice, and Jeremy Fisher. 136 full-color illustrations.
Hardcover, 1 page
Published March 28th 1984 by Gramercy (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories

Anne
One of the few children's books I've revisited lately with my kids that has held up to the high regard I gave it as a child. I was just as enchanted with the illustrations & stories now as I was back then. I could literally see my daughter falling under the same spell, and of course everyone got much enjoyment over the copious use of "his nuts" etc in The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin. #hes9shes5 #itsinevitable
Elizabeth Bolden
This is the best Beatrix Potter collection ever! I still have mine from when I was a kid. It is so well loved that it is held together by tape and a prayer, but I'll never get rid of it!
Kayleigh
Apr 04, 2012 Kayleigh rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kayleigh by: Found it in my parents' basement
Shelves: children-s, classics
I remember being mesmerized by the gorgeous illustrations in this book--the soft colors, the realistic-yet-fanciful depictions of the characters and their surroundings--when my parents read it to me as a kid. Recently I re-discovered the collection, realized I remembered more about the illustrations than about the stories themselves, and thought it might be fun to read them again. I was a little disappointed with the choppiness of Potter's prose, and the heavy-handed message of the Peter Rabbit ...more
Emily
In the beginning Jim Weiss (as much as I love his stuff) doesn't get the characters voices right. Peter Rabbit especially sounds nothing like what I'd ever imagine. But as the stories go on, it gets better, and toward the end, some of the characters are great. My kids never seemed bothered by the odd selection for Peter's voice. They listened to these timeless stories over and over.
Marybeth
As much as I enjoyed the stories (& I did), Jim Weiss narration was very sugary & off-putting. So much so that the five year-old I was listening with asked "what is wrong with that man". I wish it had been read without the lispy character voice.
Kathleen Dixon
What can I say?! I love these stories when I was a child; I read them to my children over and over; I'm looking forward to reading them to my grandchildren!
Fenixbird SandS
Feb 27, 2008 Fenixbird SandS rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children
Recommended to Fenixbird by: My mother & brother
Indeed this book could have been entitled Mr. MacGregor's Garden...but the illustrations & love & intensity with which Peter ravages the garden....
Bleunween R.
I love Beatrix Potter's stories, always have and always will!
Hopefully will read the same book from my childhood to my future kids :)
Marts  (Thinker)
I remember these Peter Rabbit tales and others by Beatrix Potter being used in my elementary school first year... Oh how I enjoyed them...
Jessica
love this book and everything about it. i can remember everything about this story.

and thats the best part.
Kelly Moran
I just saw a movie about this author, it starred Renee Zellweger. Very good. But the books are classic. Great!!!
Sally
Convenient collection of these wonderful stories, but it's hard to beat the individual small books.
Erin
read to the kids. both love it. they like the illustrations on every page. timeless...
Jennifer Entwistle
Cute animal short stories for kids that teaches some cute lessons.
Barbara White
Barbara White marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Korie
Korie added it
Jun 28, 2015
Teri North
Teri North is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Sarah Sacco
Sarah Sacco marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
  • When the Library Lights Go Out
  • I, Houdini
  • Everyone Knows What a Dragon Looks Like
  • Huggy Kissy
  • Are You a Cow?
  • Cinderella (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Thomas Edison: Young Inventor
  • The Remembered Visit
  • Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
  • Companion Library: Black Beauty / The Call of the Wild, 1963, (Hardcover)
  • Paddington Treasury
  • Bunny My Honey
  • Buffalo Woman
  • Baaa
  • The Art of Thinking: A Guide to Critical and Creative Thinking
  • Dick Gregory's Natural Diet for Folks Who Eat: Cookin' With Mother Nature
  • Buster
  • Lovable Lyle
Helen Beatrix Potter was an English author, illustrator, mycologist, and conservationist who was best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

Born into a privileged household, Potter was educated by governesses, and grew up isolated from other children. She had numerous pets and through holidays in Scotland and the Lake District developed a love of lan
More about Beatrix Potter...
The Tale of Peter Rabbit The Complete Tales The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle The Tale of Benjamin Bunny