Start by marking “The Fashion Police (Amber Fox, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fashion Police (Amber Fox, #1)

The Fashion Police (Amber Fox #1)

3.69  ·  Rating Details ·  1,550 Ratings  ·  142 Reviews
The Fashion Police was a runner up in the Chapter One Promotions Novel Competition 2010 and nominated Best Novel with Romantic Elements 2010 by The Romance Reviews. It is a screwball comedy-mystery, combining murder and mayhem with romance and...
Published May 20th 2010 by Createspace (first published December 20th 2009)

Susan
Apr 14, 2011 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, 2011-reads
I enjoyed this book by a Goodreads author. The main character has been compared to Stephanie Plum in Janet Evanovich's books. There are definite similarities--the two love interests, the slightly off-kilter family, the low maintenance pet, the occasional explosion--but Amber Fox is much more competent than Stephanie. There are lots of sub-plots going on in this book and they can be a little difficult to keep track of, but everything comes together in the end with a satisfying conclusion. This is ...more
Amy
Oct 23, 2011 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I keep downloading freebies from the Amazon Kindle site for the app on my phone lately, which is mostly fun. I've been picking a wide variety of things which is how I came across this comedy-mystery-chick lit mash-up which was actually rather enjoyable. I know, I know: it looks terrible. But it was terrible in a good way, despite the lead Amber Fox's annoying habits of eating purely junk food and remaining thin as a rake and having two gorgeous men named Brad (!) and Romeo (!!!) fighting over he ...more
Joanne
Sep 14, 2011 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sibel-hodge
This is another excellent book by Sibel Hodge. The mystery is brilliant with lots of twists and turns to keep you guessing right until the end. I loved all the characters and they played off each other really well. The book was humorous from start to finish. I recommend this book to anyone who reads the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich or to anyone who loves a good mystery with romance and humour.

Sibel Hodge is turning out to be one of my favourite authors.
Martha Cheves
May 21, 2011 Martha Cheves rated it it was amazing
The Fashion Police – Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat

‘This was going to be a piece of cake. I would just sneak around, posing as an inconspicuous shopper, and snap a few pictures of Clark stacking shelves. Why had I been so worried about this job? It was ridiculously easy. I heaved through the horde of shoppers, scanned the crowd for signs of any shelf-stocking activity. There was nothing going on in the fruit and veggies aisle, so I picked up a bag of bananas and wander
The UHQ Nasanta
3 stars

This was a decent blend of chick-lit mystery romance. I really liked the humor that I expect one would find in chick-lit fic - a genre I am not very well-read in. It made for a light, fun read. I liked the main mystery plotline, and confess to remaining completely clueless until the last moment. I wasn't so thrilled with the romance line, simply because I really do not care for love triangles, which this was setting up to be. I also did not feel any chemistry between Amber and either of t
Shellys♥ Journal
We meet Amber Fox in the midst of a little angst in her life. Having left the police force due to a little controversy, she is now working as an insurance investigator for her ex. And her cop boyfriend, Romeo is very unthrilled about it.

Amber's got 3 cases on her plate - taking a look at fashion designer Umberto Fandango's security, watching a warehouse for a possible arson attempt, and trying to verify the stolen van claim of a known theif and law breaker.

When Fandango turns up missing, everyt
Jg
Apr 20, 2011 Jg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost immediately, the lead character, Amber Fox, reminded me so much of author Gemma Halliday's Maddie Springer, of the High Heels series - very likeable and very normal. I couldn't help but love Amber, who knows how to appreciate baked goods!

The Fashion Police is a light whodunit slash chick lit novel, and Ms. Hodge kept me guessing til the very end about what really happened to missing fashion designer Umberto Fandango. I loved the other characters who, to me, were basically comic foils - T
Elaine
Sep 19, 2011 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, humor
Amber Fox has just been hired on as an investigator for her ex, Brad at his company Hi-Tec Insurance. Her first assignment is to a fashion designer’s Fandango Empire. The owner has disappeared and Amber along with a woman who claims to be his daughter are trying to locate him.

Amber also has other cases she’s working on at the same time and finds herself in one mess after another. Her nemesis is Detective Chief Inspector Janice Skipper who has a thing for Amber’s boyfriend, Romeo who works with
Johnna Ehlendt
May 08, 2011 Johnna Ehlendt rated it really liked it
I really like this book, can't wait to read the second one. I am secretly rooting for Brad, I like their chemistry.
Colette
Originally posted on A Buckeye Girl Reads

It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a mystery this much. I love mysteries, but have discovered that I can't read cozies as the description to detail to whatever business the heroine owns drives me batty. I also think the authors talk down to their audience in those books. (I could just be reading the wrong ones though) Such is not the case here-the heroine is witty, tough, independent and spunky.

This mystery features Amber Fox who gets fired from her
Leigh Mitchell
Hmmm, I did waver between 2 and 3 stars here. I enjoyed the story but a few things were grating on me.

The book is set in the UK but her flat was referred to as an apartment and she had a can of pepper spray kind of made you feel like the author wasn't sure herself if we were in the UK or USA.

I don't expect literary greatness, infact I do prefer something light to read, but I kind of felt the style of writing was more like that of a 15 year old writing a story for their English class at school.
Gina
This is classic Sibel Hodge. I put most of her books in the "chick-lit" category but they are always something more. They are always funny and have a bumbling, but loveable, female lead.

Amber Fox used to be Detective Sergeant until she accidentally shoots her boss, Janice Skipper, in the rear. She is forced to resign and takes a job as an insurance investigator with Hi-Tec, her ex-boyfriend's, Brad, insurance company. She begins investigating fashion designer, Umberto Fandango, by putting "bugs"
Indie e-books
This is definitely a chick-lit book in that it's light and easy to read with a fantastical storyline that's often hard to believe. I found that the quirky prose and plot developments were, however, part of the charm making it difficult to put down.

Avoiding spoilers - the story is part comedy, part mystery/crime with a dash of romance, so there's a little for everyone. Unlike some other chick-lit that I've read previously it's also what I'd describe as PG, so if you're interested in the romance b
Lilyan
This sounded like an interesting book, and it had a great opening paragraph:
"If like is a box of chocolates then mine is the mother of all coffee creams. You know- the ones that always get left in the box because no one wants them."
I was severely dissapointed. This book was just not good enough. Lame Character names like Romeo as a boyfriend and Fettucini or Corleone for Mafia families... Cheesy. The characters and scenes were extremeley unrealistic and unbelievable. The author was striving for
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the first of the Amber Fox 'chick-lit' mystery series.

I read these out of order but as it happens each of them can be read as stand-alone stories. This is a very funny book. Amber Fox has been thrown out of the police force and is now working for her ex-fiancées insurance company. There are four cases to be sorted out, one of which involves a high profile fashion designer. All the cases end up being linked in ways you would never imagine. Amber seems to lurch from misadventure to comic m
Tom Elder
Jul 17, 2013 Tom Elder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sibel Hodge. First in series
The Fashion Police
If like me you enjoyed reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, you will like this book.
Amber Fox is the main character and she is an ex police officer who now works as an insurance investigator, working for Brad who is her ex fiancé and he still thinks that they both can have some unfinished personal business to attend to.
When fashion designer Umberto Fandango goes missing along with his latest fashion designs Amber is sent in to invest
Rachel Cotterill
This is a light, fun mystery that reminded me of Gemma Halliday's 'Spying in High Heels' and Kate Johnson's 'I Spy?'

Amber is a disgraced-police-officer-turned-insurance-investigator, with a love life just as complicated as her career history, but she's also a believable, down-to-earth character with an unhealthy bakery addiction. Some of the supporting cast are less realistic: Amber's ex-fiance Brad is now her boss, and gets away with flagrant sexual harrassment, while Janice Skipper is an undis
Ceri
Mar 09, 2011 Ceri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
I wasn't too sure about this book when I read the sypnosis but decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did. Amber Fox is an endearing, vulnerable character. The story is full of giggles, everytime I read the name Umberto Fandango was choking back the laughter. The characters were believable, some of the scrapes they got into were hysterical. Hodge has a fab way with words, reading one of her books is like having a natter with your best mate.

The thing I loved about this book is that for a busy mum
Samantha
I really loved this series. So after the last two books, I wasn't sure how I would respond to this one but I'm glad to have read it. Amber Fox is funny and quirky. Yes, at times, I did question her maturity level...she is suppose to be mid 30s or so but I just loved her. The side characters (her family, the weird friends, etc) was an extra bonus. I can see how people can compare this to the Stephanie Plum series. I jut hope she doesn't drag out the whole love triangle bit. I'm not a fan of that. ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This book was easy to read and for me, predictable. The characters were well presented and easy to follow. It was a credible first novel by a talented author.

Amber Fox returns to work for her ex-boyfriend as an insurance investigator. She is assigned a variety of possible fraud cases, when suddenly a major client is killed. Using her skills from her former job as a policewoman, Amber dives into the investigation.

Amber is helped and hampered by various characters and proceeds with humor to carvin
Alli
Oct 16, 2011 Alli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amber is an ex-cop who lost her job and takes a job with her ex-fiance. She is now working as an insurance investigator, but still gets into plenty of trouble, if not more, than she did when she was a cop. She has two men plying for her attention. Romeo, the steady beautiful boyfriend who helped her put together the pieces again after her ex-fiancé left her without a trace 2 years ago. Then there is her ex, who wants her back and is not going to give up until he gets what he wants. There is just ...more
Rhonda
Apr 29, 2011 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Amber fox is an insurance investagator working for her exfiance. She seams real has her good points and weakness. She was let go by police departent for shooting her boss in the rear. After six months unemployed Brad her ex offers her a job. She has three cases she working on. Romeo is a cop and her boyfriend and wants her to live him.
Amber gets shot out a couple of times, gets kidnapped, jumps out a burning building, bad guys cause her to have car wreck. Lots of action and humor. Its a well rou
Diana
Jan 24, 2014 Diana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to be honest. When I purchased this book, I didn't think that it would be "good". But I was so wrong! I liked it, more than I thought. I liked the main character, Amber Fox. She wasn't overly aggressive, and very likeable. The only thing I didn't like was the way she kept going back and forth between her ex-boyfriend and her current one. But, as it happens, that's life sometimes, right? Other than that, I've not nothing bad to say about this book, and will look forward to reading more Amb ...more
Amanda
Another one of my free downloads from Amazon for my Kindle and again I was pleasantly surprised by it. I think the author has based her character on the one created by Sue Grafton, Kinsey Milhone (ABC murders), not a bad thing but there are some stark contrasts. Fast paced and easy to read but I actually figured the main plot of the story out well before it was revealed. Still it was a good read and I'd recommend anyone with this sitting on their Kindle to read it if they want something that isn ...more
Bobbi Haynes
Jan 24, 2013 Bobbi Haynes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. So much fun with twists and turns I couldn't predict. It does remind me of Stephanie Plum's trials and tribulations. The funniest part for me occured with Sabre. An all out laugh out loud adventure. I read it in one day because it held my attention so much that I couldn't bring myself to put it down.
Linda
Jun 19, 2011 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Think Stephanie Plum without a gun and "cleaned up". Former Detective Sgt. Amber Fox, is working as an insurance investigator for her former fiance. Throw in a current lover, bumblind mafia goons, a missing fashion designer, and that's only the beginning of the fun. This is a good mystery, with lots of twists & turns, and laughs along the way. All in all, it's a FUN READ!
Naomi
Jul 30, 2011 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alright, I must say I really enjoy Sibel's Amber Fox series. I also must say that I really do not consider this to be classic "chick lit". I think this series can be considered similiar to Liza Lutz's Spellman series, but slightly "dirtier". With a strong female main character, slightly whacked out family and some serious sarcastic humor I simply love this series! I can't wait for the next one!
Amy
Oct 01, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was a super cute book, from start to finish. It reminded me of the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich, which I had found hilarious. This one was just as hilarious. I giggled throughout the entire read. I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the books in the series. This was a light-hearted and fun read, and just what I needed at the time.
Christopher Hicks
This was a Fun, Fantastic book!! If you like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich you'll like this book!! Well written, great suspense and a quirky unexpected ending. I'm excited to start book 2 in this series!!
Donna Fasano
Sep 28, 2011 Donna Fasano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy chick-lit, and Sibel Hodge crosses genres here by adding a good dose of mystery to this book. The dialogue is witty and pops like a firecracker. The characters are unforgettable. I will call this a face-paced, fun, RECOMMENDED read.
♥♣Cats are the Ro...: It's a Catastrophe! For readers aged 8 - 108! 2 6 Nov 25, 2012 05:31AM
Books 2 Read: Sibel Hodge 3 4 Aug 14, 2011 06:11AM
  • Legwork
  • Searching For Meredith Love
  • Mama Does Time (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #1)
  • Hollywood Scandals (Hollywood Headlines, #1)
  • Getting Away is Deadly (A Mom Zone Mystery, #3)
  • Remix
  • Too Near The Edge (Cleo & Tyler Mysteries, #1)
  • Absolute Liability (A Southern Fraud Thriller, #1)
  • A Brisket, a Casket (A Deadly Deli Mystery, #1)
  • Cold Turkey (Events Unlimited, #1)
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • Bootscootin' Blahniks (The Bootscootin' Books #1)
  • Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery, #1)
  • Citizen Insane (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #2)
  • I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mystery, #1)
  • Revelations (Jane Perry #3)
  • The Cart Before the Corpse
  • Cupcakes, Sales, and Cocktails (Annie Graceland Mystery #2)
Sibel Hodge is the author of the #1 bestsellers Look Behind You and Duplicity. Her books have sold over 800,000 copies and are international bestsellers in the UK, USA, Australia, France and Germany. She writes in an eclectic mix of genres, and is a passionate human and animal rights advocate.

Her work has been nominated and shortlisted for numerous prizes, including the Harry Bowling Prize, the Ye
More about Sibel Hodge...

Amber Fox (5 books)
  • Money, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #2)
  • Voodoo, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #3)
  • Chocolate, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #4)
  • Vegas, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #5)

“Still, each to their own. The world would be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same thing.” 0 likes
“can keep a secret if two are dead." BENJAMIN FRANKLIN” 0 likes