Start by marking “Footpath My Ass!” as Want to Read:
Footpath My Ass!

Footpath My Ass!

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Published October 2nd 2009 by Xlibris Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Footpath My Ass!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Footpath My Ass!

Dennis Blanchard
Feb 24, 2011 Dennis Blanchard rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women hiking the Appalachian Trail
Terry "Bluebird" Croteau and I were on the Appalachian Trail at the same time, in 2007. However, we did not meet because she was about 1,900 miles (3058 km) ahead of me. Think about that, we were walking the same trial, and yet, we were that far apart. That is one long trail. There are longer ones of course, the Pacific Crest Trail on the west coast for example, but many claim that the AT is more difficult.

I can't say, I've only finished the AT, but I can tell you that it is one tough challenge,...more
Nel
Okay, maybe I'm a bit biased in my review of this book, but Bluebird hiked with my long-time friend ... Johnny K ... who is mentioned in the book ... I was the ghostwriter (aka Ghosty) for Johnny K. as he did the thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail in 2006 ... with access to his e-mail account, I kept his family & friends informed as to his progress and his trials along the way. I was "logistics" for him ... coordinating care packages to be sent ahead of him on the trail. It was a fun experie...more
Monica
I could see how my experience would be if, or rather when, I finally attempt my walk on the AT. Toward the end of Bluebird's journey, she realizes that she is completing a goal, though the reason's for working so hard to attain it elude her. She keeps asking herself why she continues to hike. I really like the insight she wrote about here because I can relate to not being the type of person that completes many goals, having a fear of success somewhat, etc. I read how in the end, she finally fini...more
Katie
Basically a published trail-journal of one woman's Appalachian Trail thru-hike. Always interesting to read somebody's story, but I like the memoirs written afterward a bit better. I did enjoy reading the daily reports of her journey, and it was especially nice to read about a woman's thru-hike. If you're an AT-junkie, pick it up.
Beth Meyers
I love reading about people's treks on the AT. Terry Croteau's was especially inspiring because I'm the age she was when she hiked. I would have liked a little more of her perspective after it was completed though.
Karen
An enjoyable book about one persons journey and thoughts on the AT. What I liked was that "Bluebird" was close to my age when she tru-hiked the trail - gives me inspiration!
Colleen
Bluebird never met a comma she didn't like and it was, at times, a bit hard to read but I did enjoy her story and would recommend it to those interested in the AT.
Lpaillet
This is the second book I've read about hiking the Applachian Trail. A good read, some humor, and inspiring.
Shari Schawo
I really liked it. A good positive memoir about the experience of walking the trail.
Anne Lemieux
This journal gives good insight to the hiking of the AT.
Diane Burgbacher
Diane Burgbacher marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
William Wiggins
William Wiggins marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
Oct 01, 2014
Cindy Prober
Cindy Prober marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Susan Levy
Susan Levy marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Aaron Shipman
Aaron Shipman marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Danielle G
Danielle G marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Ann
Ann added it
May 04, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Dorothy
Dorothy marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Denise
Denise added it
Feb 23, 2014
Michelle Holland
Michelle Holland is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2014
Jeff Riendeau
Jeff Riendeau marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013